View Poll Results: What do you think is the best Dragon Ball Z game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast/2

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 1/2/3

3 21.43%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 1/2/3

9 64.29%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team

1 7.14%
  • Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku/2/BF

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors/2

1 7.14%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai/AR

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball: Origins/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Sagas made my dragon balls hurt...

Glad I only rented it.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Sagas made my dragon balls hurt...

Glad I only rented it.
    Considering my friend and I played through that game co-op, it's one of those games I'd rank "so bad its good."

I've never seen a more glorious glitchy mess in my life. Do you know how many times me and my friend had to fight Captain Ginyu? No, no you don't wanna know. But you will.

First time? He got stuck in the ground during his ground digging grab move. He just refused to come back up. Obviously, he had enough of the game and was looking for a way out. But he couldn't find refuge.

Second time: He got kicked through the arena wall, and decided to go to 7/11 for a drink. I think he forgot which way the arena was, and never came back. A reminder too: You had to fight Juice and Burters tag team each time before you could fight Ginyu. A horribly annoying fight, at that.

The third time, though. Oh god. The third time. We some how got Genyu to get stuck into one of the trees on the battlefield, as he ran backwards straight into it trying to chase my goofy ass down as Vegeta. He ran straight at me, backwards. I couldn't hit him with anything I threw at him. Fireballs, Punches, Kicks. All null. So what did my P1 friend do as Goku? He walked straight up to him, and when Ginyu and Goku met, it was a match made in heaven.

Literally, it looked like Goku and Ginyu were getting it on. Everytime Goku walked forward, Ginyu would cock his leg up. God, we were dying with laughter. I remember I couldn't breathe, I literally thought I was gonna suffocate I was laughing so hard.

So Ginyu learned a new move: Submit.

I really wish we had a way to record videos way ago. That would've been one for Youtube.

I've only played a couple, but I liked Burst Limit and BT3 on the Wii.

I probably lean more towards BT3, just because trying to beat Freiza on Z Difficulty in Burst Limit was total bullshit. That might be the most frustrating AI I've ever fought (and that counts the Alpha Kasumi thing in DoA4).
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Considering my friend and I played through that game co-op, it's one of those games I'd rank "so bad its good."

I've never seen a more glorious glitchy mess in my life. Do you know how many times me and my friend had to fight Captain Ginyu? No, no you don't wanna know. But you will.

First time? He got stuck in the ground during his ground digging grab move. He just refused to come back up. Obviously, he had enough of the game and was looking for a way out. But he couldn't find refuge.

Second time: He got kicked through the arena wall, and decided to go to 7/11 for a drink. I think he forgot which way the arena was, and never came back. A reminder too: You had to fight Juice and Burters tag team each time before you could fight Ginyu. A horribly annoying fight, at that.

The third time, though. Oh god. The third time. We some how got Genyu to get stuck into one of the trees on the battlefield, as he ran backwards straight into it trying to chase my goofy ass down as Vegeta. He ran straight at me, backwards. I couldn't hit him with anything I threw at him. Fireballs, Punches, Kicks. All null. So what did my P1 friend do as Goku? He walked straight up to him, and when Ginyu and Goku met, it was a match made in heaven.

Literally, it looked like Goku and Ginyu were getting it on. Everytime Goku walked forward, Ginyu would cock his leg up. God, we were dying with laughter. I remember I couldn't breathe, I literally thought I was gonna suffocate I was laughing so hard.

So Ginyu learned a new move: Submit.

I really wish we had a way to record videos way ago. That would've been one for Youtube.
    Damn, I wish I'd seen that. I had a similar problem with The final battle-- Gohan vs. Cell (I can't stand it when DBZ games end at Cell saga "I'm talking to you Burst Limit."[It took about 6 tries for me to win. Either Cell would somehow glitch and end up in an inaccessible area, or I would lose the fight (5th try)

Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    I've only played a couple, but I liked Burst Limit and BT3 on the Wii.

I probably lean more towards BT3, just because trying to beat Frieza on Z Difficulty in Burst Limit was total bullshit. That might be the most frustrating AI I've ever fought (and that counts the Alpha Kasumi thing in DoA4).
    Those fights were Hell on a platter. I thought I was the only one who suffered in that match

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I don't even know half of those, but I do remember Budakai 2 and 3 being pretty good. There was one really bad one for PS2 (like an RPG ish kind?)

Found it, it was Dragon Ball Z sagas, hands down the worst DBZ game they made.

Dragon Ball Z Sagas Part 1 {Xboxshqip} - YouTube
    DBZ was crappy, but come on, you know you guys had fun with your buddies hittin g the enemy up in the air and warp Kamehameha. Best thing ever until you could do that in DBZ tag team. They need to make that for the PSV

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Taijutsu-Joshua View Post
    I was actually going to add that to this poll, but man, it was so garbage, it makes X-Men Destiny look good...

Sad thing is, I actually was so bored that I borrowed it from a friend and beat the game... hours of my life I can never take back...
    I actually bought this game the day it came out because I was still a DBZ nerd at the time. Big mistake. I also remember cell being a bitch to fight only doing damage with special attacks or something on his last form.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Hell yes. Constantly doing kamehamehas... I was like "DON'T YOU RUN OUTTA KI!!?"

Man, I remember picking up a used copy of Budokai 3 on the cheap a while back, but I never played it. You guys are making me regret that. I should track down my PS2 and give it a shot.

Urgh, it's been years but I can't deny my love for Dragonball. This thread is making me want to go a on wiki binge or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Man, I remember picking up a used copy of Budokai 3 on the cheap a while back, but I never played it. You guys are making me regret that. I should track down my PS2 and give it a shot.

Urgh, it's been years but I can't deny my love for Dragonball. This thread is making me want to go a on wiki binge or something.
    WOW. You haven't played Budokai 3 yet? You really should try it. I know we make it sound like it's the best DBZ game in the world, but I would like for you to try it, and then come back to us on what you think. I wouldn't want you to be like "This game sounded awesome, but it isn't..."

Now to make the game sound awesome beyond comparison.... man... that game seriously made me fall in love with playing as Bardock... pretty much all the non-super saiyans. Kid Buu, Nappa, there was something about their specials that I loved..

The beating the game, and getting the wishes.. I always picked Breakthrough to get the full moveset..

The game went all the way to the GT saga...

Ok, I'm done ranting...

The biggest problem is that I need to hook up a PS2 to play it. Not only am I not sure where my PS2 currently lives (it's probably stashed away at my parents' place somewhere), but I don't have room for it.

Maybe I'll give it a shot when I'm at my parents' place over the holidays.