Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default α2 Entries (12/15 ~ 1/17) and Fan Site Kit

The official entry page and deadlines for entry in to the next alpha test is up:

http://pso2.jp/entry/

You can apply for the second alpha test at the above site. The procedures are the same as the first alpha test. They are looking for about 50,000 participants this time around so I think there's a good chance that some more PSOWs may get in (of course, there may be some small print somewhere about the alpha only be open to residents of Japan but I haven't gone looking for it. Technically, you are required to be a resident of Japan). Registration is open from today till the 17th of January. HOWEVER, if you signed up for the newsletter a few weeks ago, then you are already entered and need not sign up again.

In addition, anyone who manages to raise any class on their character to at least level 10 will earn a spot in the closed beta. If the exp rates were the same as the first alpha, then this shouldn't be a problem for most people.

The main purpose of this test is to give the new changes from the first alpha a run and test the server. It looks like a few new features (not changes) that weren't in the first alpha will be making an appearance too. However, according to the message from Sakai at the bottom of the page, the second alpha test won't be too different from the first one aside from requests and suggestions by users and the room feature.

In addition, a side-bar banner for blogs and a small set of banners and icons have been made available. You get them here: http://pso2.jp/special/fankit/01/
    Last edited by Mike; Dec 15, 2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: New pics

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I REALLY wish I could apply... but my browser doesn't support Japanese and blahblahblah.

On another note, can I ask where you got that right-side picture in your signature? I've never seen that whole 'lunch' seen before. Is there any info on it?

The right side of my sig? That's the Twitter fail-whale.

Are you using Firefox?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I really wanted to see if i could get in and be able to play it sometimes before the end of January but the chances of that are looking more and more slim D:

EDIT: but yay for not having to sign up again since im on the newsletter :P
    Last edited by pikachief; Dec 15, 2011 at 01:59 AM.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The right side of my sig? That's the Twitter fail-whale.
    ...I apologize. Ignore what I said, I was looking at the picture in the actual post. I suppose I'm a bit braindead atm.

Then you're looking at a picture of the "My Room" aspect of PSO2. It was absent in the first alpha but it will be in the second alpha.

Damn Mike, that was fast. I just got that e-mail not 5 minutes ago (either that or Hotmail is slow... which is probably the case).

As long as Sega doesn't look at the addresses (and notice mine is a post office in Tokyo), then they shouldn't realize I'm not a resident of Japan... *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    I just got that e-mail not 5 minutes ago (either that or Hotmail is slow... which is probably the case).
    It was on the official Twitter account about an hour ago. But as long as someone catches it, it's all good.

Anyways, replaced the two small pics from the official site with larger ones from Dengeki Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    I REALLY wish I could apply... but my browser doesn't support Japanese and blahblahblah.

On another note, can I ask where you got that right-side picture in your signature? I've never seen that whole 'lunch' seen before. Is there any info on it?
    When I was signing up for the newsletter I signed up with 2 emails because I thought I was doing something wrong and if they decide to let both accounts in the alpha I am more than happy to give you the account info. That's if both get in the alpha