Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dec 9th Update: Enemies Costumes & Dates

Enough stuff in this update is new!
    This update seems much nicer than a lot of the previous ones. I really like the enemy news because really, you'll be spending tons of time going vs these things, and finding out that they are dynamic/exciting somehow is certainly good news. I'm not seeing the stuff as reskins of eachother like we had before booma=evil shark=dimenian and so on. I know costumes get all the press so I wanted to start this for the monsters.

I had really been looking forward to seeing in-game on HUmarl & HUnewm (want to see RAnewm/Newearl too but) because they're "all new". I don't even think we had art for HUnewm before, did we?

Too bad the pose stinx so much you can't tell what's going on with the costume.
    It's like they're afraid to show this guy at all. It took forever for this shot to come out and now when it does all you see is like an arm a shin & the fact that his hair is defying gravity very awkwardly. Yes the pose is dynamic and exciting but...you can't judge the costume with it.

Enemies seem more exciting with the new details...
    The priahdah lays an egg that hatches or something...maybe you'll have to let it hatch to kill the thing to get the rare you want so that adds to the dynamic. Like how the monests would dispense the mothmants.

Wonder what it means that Zudan is "smarter" than Udan?

The wolves will statuschange themselves if you kill the bigwolf...no big surprise.
    (That seems a little psoclone move to me, but oh well)

Dinians?
    Are they who left the ruins on volcano planet? That there are 'classes' of these guys HU RA FO Sheild is also pretty cool unless the FO one is like those stupid sorc. who would just dissappear and you could never hit it.
    *These guys just seem to have potential to me. I mean if you get a mixed crowd of them, are they going to gang up on you like a player team would? (With their FO resta'ing them while their sword guys charge in etc) Is it going to be rough to go against them not so dull and hacky hacky like PSU vandas or something?

CAST plastic faces. 2 words: Hell. Yes.
    Hopefully no mandatory girl-beards like PSP had too ugh. Hopefully plastic face female cast appears soon. The eyes on the dude are wierd enough for my liking. Plastic is excellent, esp. if you don't like any of the helm/metal choices at the START (!) like in PSU. One can be sure they'll add more heads as time goes on, but it's a great option. (I did not like any as yet revealed default head) Hopefully we get a few options for positioning the splits in the plastic...need it nice and unnatural.
    *NEEDS unnatural skin colors too. I want my strangled-corpse blue-white back please.

More body morphing for casts on the next update is way exciting as well. Want to see how this works without ending up goofy.

Eyebrow color matching.
    The redhaired woman looks skeptical...but it's certainly 100% more natural than it was before. They call it 'minor' too but really no facial feature should consider minor, as really...it's a face.

Akihabara Games thing on the 24th!
    I'm def. curious to see the whole intro...maybe it'll let out a little of the plot. More alpha2 info is always good, the sooner that thing starts the better.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...newm-costumes/

The usual source for people thinking "wtf is he talking about" or people that can't read japanese.

And wow so that volcano area is on another planet. Makes more sense that way.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

On the topic of HUnewm concept art we have seen two, here they are.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content.../07/hunewm.png
    http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content...1/11/Sword.jpg

Second one is quite a teaser since it is transparent and really showing off weapons.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    On the topic of HUnewm concept art we have seen two, here they are.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content.../07/hunewm.png
    http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content...1/11/Sword.jpg

Second one is quite a teaser since it is transparent and really showing off weapons.
    The 2nd one isn't the default look for HUnewm, which makes it pretty irrelevant.

Hell, I could just as easily say those are RAmar clothes, since they will be able to equip them too. :/

I was going for HUnewms in general and that is a HUnewm ^_^
    Last edited by Norco; Dec 9, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Made the post look nicer xD

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Wonder if they'll include the original Forest for old time's sake. We all love Forest...

Glad to see their adding more creation elements to CASTs, they were so standard and simple during the alpha test in comparison to humans and newmans.

-BARK,BARK,BARK,BARK,BARK-
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    I was going for HUnewms in general and that is a HUnewm ^_^
    My point still stands. That particular armor is equipable by HUmars,RAmars,FOmars,HUnewms,RAnewms, and FOnewms. D:

Gee... you mind not stretching the page several columns wide, buddy? >.<;