View Poll Results: Is 3D a nice addition?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 28.13%
  • Don't Care

29 45.31%
  • No

17 26.56%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 has 3D?

To be absolutely fair about the sonic bitching....the 20 year old physics engine used in the older sonic games was about 4 times as sophisticated in terms of actually being a physics engine. Its age has absolutely nothing to do with anything. The fact that the games are now in 3D, with thousands of times the processing power, yet don't even make an effort to match them is pretty sad sometimes.

Although Generations didn't need one quite as accurate to build a worthwhile experience, all the "classic" sonic games before them don't exhibit any of the things that made the genesis games fun. The only one 2D sonic games i really enjoyed after the genesis era were like...Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Rush. I guess Sonic Advance 3 was alright...
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Nov 29, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    I've yet to see this 3D that does not require glasses yet, but the fact that the Nintendo 3DS has done so poorly makes me a little weary of it. I know I am being a little unfair, because the fact it is doing so poorly could be for a number of other reasons (hardware limitations seems most likely, since that is the area Nintendo always neglects...), but it doesn't help the technology when the first piece of hardware to utilize it is a letdown.
    The 3DS had a lackluster launch lineup. The hardware itself is excellent.
    Coming Soon!

The hardware is okay. The 3D effect is wonderful, if not a bit disorienting.

But I honestly don't believe 3D is enough to warrant me buying a 3DS over the Vita's multiplied horsepower at the same price point.

3D physical boobs that can pop out at me? I am willing to spend money on it.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    The hardware is okay. The 3D effect is wonderful, if not a bit disorienting.

But I honestly don't believe 3D is enough to warrant me buying a 3DS over the Vita's multiplied horsepower at the same price point.
    I'm waiting to see what the Vita has at launch in games before deciding
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    3D physical boobs that can pop out at me? I am willing to spend money on it.
    This sentence is sooooo exploitable
    I'm waiting to see what the Vita has at launch in games before deciding
    I honestly don't even care, TBH. I see the Vita surviving the longhaul better than the 3DS.

I learned my lesson with Nintendo and their gimmicks after the Gamecube. Loved that system, but i'd be completely lying if i was saying it wasn't a useless piece of shit for most of its lifetime were it not for Melee and PSO having so much longevity.

The GCN alone is the reason i don't have a Wii right now. I refused to buy another system with like 3 STUUPER AMAZING games but a lifetime of nothing. And 3DS is probably gonna follow the same thing in my eyes. A few zelda/mario exclusives wont be able to amend the more interesting exclusives the Vita will probably end up with, especially seeing as it is, literally, a mini PS3.

With touch screens, cameras, tilt sensitivity, online, and pretty much everything the 3DS has minus the 3D technology and dual screen. And it probably does it better, too. With triple the horsepower. And an identical price point. LoL.

I dont care much for handheld crap anyway, but if Square Enix ever announces a Final Fantasy Dissidia : Vita with HD characters and shit, im all over it. Even if the AI is a cheating bastard.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Nov 29, 2011 at 06:12 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

3D boobs would probably jiggle, swing and multiply forward so much that it would crush the insides of my brain hypnotically through my eyes.

But at least I'd die with a creepy smile.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    3D boobs would probably jiggle, swing and multiply forward so much that it would crush the insides of my brain hypnotically through my eyes.

But at least I'd die with a creepy smile.
    If this was Facebook, I would like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    This sentence is sooooo exploitable

I honestly don't even care, TBH. I see the Vita surviving the longhaul better than the 3DS.

I learned my lesson with Nintendo and their gimmicks after the Gamecube. Loved that system, but i'd be completely lying if i was saying it wasn't a useless piece of shit for most of its lifetime were it not for Melee and PSO having so much longevity.

The GCN alone is the reason i don't have a Wii right now. I refused to buy another system with like 3 STUUPER AMAZING games but a lifetime of nothing. And 3DS is probably gonna follow the same thing in my eyes. A few zelda/mario exclusives wont be able to amend the more interesting exclusives the Vita will probably end up with, especially seeing as it is, literally, a mini PS3.

With touch screens, cameras, tilt sensitivity, online, and pretty much everything the 3DS has minus the 3D technology and dual screen. And it probably does it better, too. With triple the horsepower. And an identical price point. LoL.

I dont care much for handheld crap anyway, but if Square Enix ever announces a Final Fantasy Dissidia : Vita with HD characters and shit, im all over it. Even if the AI is a cheating bastard.
    Well, you have to pay $250 bucks for a for the device, an extra $20 or more for a mem stick alone to hold the games *if you want to get digital games*. I'll get it once it's hacked. And the slim version comes out which is gonna be sooo much cheaper.
    Last edited by Ark22; Nov 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Haha, it's no different than the $20 you'll have to stick that other analog stick on.

I'll admit that the only reason I have a PSP now is because of piracy. But i've paid for half the games ive pirated that i don't already own (3rd birthday, 012) because 3rd birthday was a damn good game and...well, i dont really know why i bought Dissidia 012. It has AI that's annoying on a WHOLE nother level. I'd buy Phantasy Star Portable 2, but something about me spending so many hours on a useless shitty force made me absolutely hate that game. Too salty.

Anyway, I dont mind paying money for systems that i feel i can actually get something out of. Im NOT going to buy a 3DS for a 3D remake of a game i'd honestly rather just replay on N64 anyway. Not to mention, i already bought Ocarina of Time Master Quest for GCN. I really don't care to buy it again.

If the new Kingdom Hearts game is fun, that'll be nice. If there is a decent Smash Brothers, that'll be cool too, but i honestly wont care too much because Smash Brothers is meant to be played on your couch with 3 idiots screaming insults at eachother for maximum fun factor -- not the same on a handheld. But i know for a fact Square Enix and Nintendo are gonna work some magic on the 3DS. But then i know Square Enix and everyone else will turn around and make some mouth-watering Vita exclusives (or even better, Vita + PS3 cross content Wii-U type shit) and then i'll be mad i didn't go with the OBVIOUSLY fucking superior piece of hardware that Sony is offering.

Because, all fanboy stuff and bias aside, the Sony Vita is obviously just so much of a better piece of hardware than the 3DS. The ONLY reason i even look in the direction of the goddamn 3DS is because Nintendo makes kickass videogames and only sticks them on their systems. I have no intention of touching the Wii-U, but i know the next Smash Brothers is gonna make me seriously question my decision. Well, unless it looks like Brawl 2.0, in which case im not touching that garbage.

Nintendo is the main driver for any of their systems. They better be god damn happy they have such genius studios and IPs to fall back on, because in all honesty...their hardware is always shit these days.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Nov 30, 2011 at 02:44 AM.

My first console was a super nintendo, so do to conditioning and me being exposed to Nintendo products, my Bias self would beg to differ.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!