View Poll Results: Is 3D a nice addition?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 28.13%
  • Don't Care

29 45.31%
  • No

17 26.56%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 has 3D?

The Super Nintendo actually pushed something in terms of hardware. So did the N64 and Gamecube, which stood somewhere near the middle. But of course, memory and storage space have plagued these systems forever -- cartridges aren't as useful as CDs, and those little mini Gamecube discs helped with load times...and thats about it.

The nintendo wii threw away barely any notion of actually upgrading the graphics hardware, nor the storage space (no HDD), and even still neglects the idea of good network stuff.

The Wii-U will be more powerful than the PS3 and 360....but honestly, who cares, the PS3 and 360 have been out an excess of almost seven years now, producing hardware that surpasses them should be an absolute no brainer at this stage. Hell, the Vita will literally emulate the PS3 in the palm of your freaking hand.

And besides, the Wii-U will get its headstart by FINALLY being a nintendo system in the HD era with greater horsepower than the PS3/360. And then Sony and Microsoft will both release a system with some new processor that shoots tachyons into your brain and sends your mind into a different universe or something while Mario and Zelda have to buy prescription glasses to cope with sensory overload as they're bombarded with polygons and lighting effects they've never had to deal with before, while Nathan Drake and Master Chief (and everyone else numb to such crap) dodge tessellation spikes and speak to you through your mind.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Nov 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Still hoping the Wii-U doesn't pull a dreamcast...

Then again Maybe playing Zelda on a Vita would be interesting...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Yes! I love my 3D collection of games. I am pretty psyched about this.

I actually really like the concept of Wii-U, but i don't see it really winning me over what i can envision the PS4/Xbox720 will look like.

Twilight Princess was one of my favorites, and the zelda demo made me very happy.

I don't see how 3D can be a bad addition. If you don't have the equipment or don't care for 3D then choose choice (B). How can having more options ever be bad???
    There are some really good stereoscopic games out right now (some average ones too) and if PSO2 looks anything like DW7, I will be in heaven.

Nintendo knows how to do everything, they started mem cards, analog sticks and Sony just stole their cartridge (finally). I don't care about graphics, if it has Gamecube graphics and it's portable, I don't mind :P

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

I want to get the Wii-U just on the premise of the fact that it has a freaking stylus!! It's amazing(ly stupid) that there are tons of tablets on the market and yet none of them have a stylus. I would love to have one to take notes or use as a graphic tablet. Over all the design of the Wii-U seems to be done really well. There are a lot of products now vying to be a box-top solution for tv's (android, apple tv, xbox, tv recorders) I think nintendo has the right approach to make it a utility; internet video chat with media functions and then games being the cherry on top is pretty sweet.

As for 3D, I haven't been impressed with 3D so far, but it's slowly getting there. I've tried looking at 3D tv's in stores, the 3D, sharps's 3d aquos phone. The effect is pretty cool, but it's pretty rigid you have to be in just the right place to get the right 3d effect. Luckily LG has finally taken the hint and added head tracking to adjust the 3D image via software so you can watch it normally. Still really expensive, but if this picks up 3D would definitely a much more pleasant experience.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/l...learns-to-lov/

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    My first console was a super nintendo, so do to conditioning and me being exposed to Nintendo products, my Bias self would beg to differ.
    My first console was an NES. Then I acquired a Sega Genesis, then a SNES, then I got the N64, and somewhere in between there I had various Nintendo handhelds. It was only at that point that I started to experience other companies' hardware by getting a PS1, not counting the SEGA Gamegear (amazing hardware for it's time, poor selection of games) and Atari my brother got at some point, and the Sega Genesis I had. I don't count them because, well... They don't exist any longer as a system manufacturer.

So, I would say I am heavily biased, or at least should be, towards Nintendo. Unfortunately, I stopped looking for Nintendo to do anything of any real notoriety after they released the Wii. I mean heck, they even admitted that they were at that point going to focus on casual gaming instead of core-gamers. Their handhelds had been exempt from this critique up until now, as the DS had been holding strong. Now I see the 3DS and its' poor reviews and title lineup, and I fear for even their handhelds.

So yeah, I am biased, but a company who is trailing in the video game industry is a company who is trailing in the video game industry. The day that Nintendo becomes another Sega (if that day comes) will be the day that a little bit of my inner child dies, but I can't deny that they have been a disappointment as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    Nintendo knows how to do everything, they started mem cards, analog sticks and Sony just stole their cartridge (finally). I don't care about graphics, if it has Gamecube graphics and it's portable, I don't mind :P
    Yeah, i know. It's just too bad everyone does their own shit better than them these days.

Just because you create something doesn't mean you can't keep innovating on it. Nintendo keeps using their innovations as an alternative instead of a plus. Instead of a powerful system, they get motion controls. Instead of a powerful next-gen handheld, they get a handheld with a 3D screen. They take new features and ignore them, and try to start their own as compensation. It works sometimes (wii) but i HIGHLY doubt it'll work for the 3DS, unless they just run the casual market again (and they will.)

Nintendo started the analog thing, but Sony created dual analog. Nintendo may have been the first to do memory cards (im pretty sure it was Sony, since 64 used carts) but they COMPLETELY neglected Harddrives, which are 1909012301x better. Network modes have been something nintendo has also ignored completely.

The wii runs like a SNES so its graphics are trash, but the motion scene has boosted the Wii to beyond successful thanks to casuals. Sony took the idea and combined it with their own technology (eyetoy) to create something far more effective than the Wii's method of motion control. Microsoft took it even farther -- you dont even NEED a controller anymore.

Of course, Wii-U is ditching all of this and going for yet ANOTHER innovation that the other systems don't have....but this time, they're in trouble, because Sony put ALOT of horsepower and features into the Vita, which means it is only a matter of time before games are made that completely mimic the Wii-U's functions.

In fact, they may SURPASS the Wii-U's capabilities. The Wii-U is powerful, but the controller works by streaming video information from the console -- the new controller doesn't really render much itself. In comparison, the Playstation 3 has its own GPU and processor, and the Vita has its own as well, which almost MATCH the PS3 itself. Not to mention, the Vita also has 2 touchscreens, a front and rear camera, and all the motion features of the Wii-U controller.

So i think this wave of Nintendo consoles will consist of Nintendo cleaning house as usual, and then Sony waltzing up and kicking their balls into their throat with their superior hardware.

But it cost so much money to develop on those systems which is why we usually get half-ass games. Nintendo makes it easy with the dev kits they push out. But for sony and 360 they have to spend huge amounts of money which is why alot of games usually get cancelled or move to the wii. I.E Monster hunter. I think alot of devs are gonna jump ship when the budget cost for ps4 and Xbox (whatever) comes out. But hey, when the vita gets hacked I will get it.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!