Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Baron View Post
    Man I love to eat pie and ice cream. I do it all the time.
    You should put the ice cream on your pie, then cool whip it and some rootbeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    Well our diets may be unhealthy, but your not gonna see a freaking dog or a cat on the menu anywhere over here, just sayin.
    Spoiler!

I've never seen travelers report back about catdog on the menus. You said it now its your opportunity to look it up and keep it to yourself; then not report it back here.

In Japan, Ramen is unhealthy. Also processed soy is extremely unhealthy while unprocessed soy is one of the healthiest things in the world. Asian Nations rank very low in food standards to the point they suffer a lot of illnesses due to foods, more so than the U.S, however due to other factors Japan has a higher life expectancy than those in the US and a higher quality of living. Of course many European Nations have a higher QoL too.

Read Below, its interesting as it deals with food, healthiness and economics:

I will give you a challenge....This challenge appeared on a TV Show called "Top Chef" and it was a "Challenge" that I enjoyed because it was one of few that represented the real world in related to the lower and middle class.

Reply to this thread what your solution will be....

"Using only $10, you must cook a meal (excluding drinks) for a family of four"

Now this is not being "unreasonable" because if you count 3 meals multiplied by 7, you get 21, then multiplied by 10, you get $210. The average family does not spend $210 a week on food.

In that challenge the contestants have problems doing this...

My mother and I came out instantly with meals and choices that one can use to cook for a family of four (we included drinks and two sides) for $10.

Breakfast was the easiest:

Buy large mountain bread for a $2 on sale. Eggs on Sale are $1.50 where I live. A 5lb bag of potatoes is $2 at a store nearby. On sale for $5 is Oil we can reuse to make things (corn oil) and $1 on sale ketchup. Coupons help a lot to reduce prices. Notice Ive gone over the $10 limit but....

That is enough to make Breakfast for three days in the form of:

1 Egg (if you take 2 eggs, that bypasses the 400mg cholesterol requirement, you need only one egg at most in a given day, never go over two if you don't plan on eating meat. Do not go over 1 if you plan on eating other foods with cholesterol)
    2 Large potatoes makes fries for four people (Ive done this many times)
    2 Toasts (To be dipped in the egg yolk) ^_^

So in short, I've spent $11.50 but I've made breakfast for three days for four people (excluding drinks)...Also I should state I have cooked this in five minutes and I've cooked since the age of six.

...If I had gone to mcdonalds, its around $5 per person for a meal each day. Meaning Four people is around $20 a day, three days meaning $60.

The point is that lower-middle class people can not really afford the higher prices of mcdonalds and burger king these days. The people who eat there are working class people who are taking a break in their shifts and are not done with the work day. People want to save money, but fast food is bad for both your health and your money even though fast food has gotten better thanks to FDA and USDA pressure in the last four years.

Notice above, I covered the cost of three meals for $11.50 excluding drinks which I can throw in there for $2 - $3 or just buy a water filter and give water to everyone. Also notice that although it cost me $11.50, I run out of eggs and bread, but I still have plenty of potatoes and oil (since I can make oil last a month for me by sealing and reusing oil which practically every major cook does)

So, I just need to spend $3.50 on mountain bread and eggs and the total amounts to $15 for breakfast for Six days....excluding drinks.

This is assuming its for a family of four meaning Two Adults + Two Kids.

Thing about me was when I was 12 years old, My mother was diagnosed with Diabetes and my father had some issues too. I was so afraid that would become me but I really wanted to help, so I set out to learn how to make healthy food for people who are diabetic and have other problems. I later met people who were lactose intolerant and those who were allergic to penicillin and gluten.

I learned to cook food for them in that matter, knowing I could KILL SOMEONE if I gave them the wrong ingredient.

It helped me out in the long run and I found out there is so much yummy food out there to eat and prepare and its really nice and not as expensive as one thinks. Today businesses target costumers to spend anywhere from $7 - $10 per person, per order on a meal. Its actually healther, better on your wallet and sanity to learn to cook.

The moral of my post is that....

Each one of you...

Love me fully or hate me completely are in charge of your own families (Or at one point will be)...You either are part of a family or the head of a household. Either way you have your responsibility.

Nevermind the entire nation for a moment:

You can't help all Americans out there, but you can HELP YOURSELVES and YOUR FAMILIES and those immediate that you know and love...

Specially your children and loved ones if you have any....

If any of you have girlfriends (or boyfriends) they will truly appreciate a well cooked meal. Both Genders love food, specially if it comes from the one they love most and its cooked well. Its more than just a "gesture."

Concern yourselves with your families and help them out by learning to cook and helping them out. Exploring what needs to be done and being active about it. The rest of the Americans can do what they want, you guys....you people ^_^ you can learn now and perhaps you will save your own lives and others later. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

meh its not so much my eating habits, i eat pretty good actually. its all the dam beer that makes me have to excercise.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    I've never seen travelers report back about catdog on the menus. You said it now its your opportunity to look it up and keep it to yourself; then not report it back here.
    Well not literally on the menu, but I've looked up enough info to know that it does happen on that side of the world. And I do have a few friends who've been over there who can verify that also.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    I wanna click on that first video because the Japanese school girls, but I don't wanna listen to some retarded preachy psuedo PETA message. Decisions.
    turn the volume off? :P

I'm not sure if you're getting the big picture, washuguy. We may be smarter, and technically superior(who would've guessed) to other animals but we are still driven by emotions and instincts. Fact is that our brain has a reward system in place for our primal instincts. In the cavemen days, we needed to eat a lot of fatty food to brace us for the winter, and keep us prepared for hunting, fleeing and basic tasks like that. So whenever we ate food like that, we felt emotionally satisfied. Nowadays, we don't nearly get the same amount of exercise. Fact still is though, we all want to be emotionally satisfied so sugar and fats sell and they sell well. Especially in a country like the US but it's becoming a global epidemic, don't kid yourself. Yes, Asia too.

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Default Say wha?

Many Asians are overweight just like anywhere else in the world

In many Asian countries, lifestyle is harder in some ways. People do walk and take public transportation rather than drive a car. It's a workout just to get on and off a crowded train.
    Less genetically modified grain or hormone laden food intake. Fresh ingredients rather than processed or artificially colored foods. Diets includes healthy herbs and spices to more fully digest the food and these herbs prevent some illnesses.

Also, Tai chi, Yoga, and use of herbal medicine (e.g., Ayurveda) may have keep the body in balance.

In the warmer tropical Asian countries people sweat a lot so there is less water retention and body impurities are released more frequently.

Many thin people are malnourished and that is not healthy either. Per capita income is less. Thus, less food intake.

I have seen many obese or overweight Asians too. Thus, we should not stereotype. In many Asian countries, there are numerous health problems despite more natural diets.

But don't let this stop your rant, let it all out, youtube epic meal time and grab a hamburger with extra bacon, AMERICA!

Life expectancy
    of a sumo wrestler is between 55-60 years old (just thought I'd throw that in there).

And oh yeah there's this stuff:
    Spoiler!

Edit: I have this great idea of buying panties from one of those vending machines, then getting a bloodhound to sniff them and try and find the girl. lol
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Feb 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Quote Originally Posted by ARASHIKAGE View Post
    Spoiler!
    I'm not quite sure what that has to do with diet besides the octopuses and dolphins. Both are delicious.

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Oh assumed they ate those things as well. I'm silly American...
    Yeah they only eat three of those things, I'll let you guess the three.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Candy and soda from other countries taste awesome.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.