Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Default When it comes down to weapons...

Would you like to see they recycle weapons and such from PSO and PSU like they are doing now or a complete new and original set of weapons to use?

Personnaly I'd like to see majority of the weapons to be fresh and original and not just some lazy copy paste from older games. After using weapons like Zanba and Guld Milla etc in PSO, PSU and PSP2 i'm pretty much done with them...

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I would love to see completely new weapons, however I am so hypnotized by the look of Double Cannon that I hope it returns yet again xD

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

I want to see original weapons, but not in the sense of completely off the wall stupid shit.

I like Gunslash. The ability to switch between Melee/Ranged is a great idea, a great substitute for PSU's crappy off-hand system, which was terribly implemented. I'd love to see some Rare weapons for Gunslash. Maybe even creativity, with some weapons that can't switch at all, and use the switch button for something neat. Lavis Cannon, anybody? But i don't like how it's Multi-target, and how it can launch. I think launch attacks should be exclusive to more heavy melee weapons, like swords, or explosive shells. Definitely not guns or one-handed swords though....

Wired Lance is cool, With the Grabbing function of the wired lance. I hope they keep the melee damage low though -- i can easily see it becoming the OP weapon of choice if it's both fast, wide ranged, and has a high-damage 1v1 attack (grab.)

Swords are neat. They're like the Wide-range + Power choice, with every PA move either blowing away or launching into the air. PA charging was also awesome, although i dont know if the other ones could do it too.

I don't know what i think of Rods. I dislike how they're able to hit more than one target, and they don't look nearly as awesome because the animations aren't unique between the Forces anymore. (same casting/melee for everyone.) They still feel kind of stiff, whereas in PSO they made you feel really fluid and powerful when you used them.

Im excited for Partisian, i want to see how they're going to implement it, seeing as Sword is already Wide + Power and Wired Lance is already Wide + Speed + full range. Also, every weapon shown so far has had a "second function" (gunslash switch, grab, swords can charge moves, rods can charge Techniques.) Maybe Partisans will be able to pierce rows of enemies? That's something PSU failed at. And they can't really be like PSO's partisans, because Accuracy doesn't exist on this game apparently.

Rifles are awesome but COMPLETELY OP, i don't even really know what else to say about them. They have perfect range, apparently can burn/poison/freeze, never miss, can launch/knockdown with grenades, and allow you to move while firing to stay out of danger. Not to mention, you can change to special ammo every now and then...

I think they need to basically raise the amount of delay after firing (similar to PSO), GREATLY lower strafe speed while firing, and remove the ability to element your bullets without using the special cartage where you change ammo for like a few seconds (which was very neat.) Otherwise rangers are already the Gods of this game, and the Rifle is the only freaking ranged weapon they've shown so far...

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

There will be originals and there will be new ones lol. That's how it is for pretty much every PS game, and it's basically already been confirmed seeing as we've seen new weapon types, as well as what seems to be Zanba.

I've played a Hunter in every PSO thus far, so the hack and slash has gotten boring for me. Glad to see that they are making new weapons.

Although it doesn't matter to me because I'll be playing a Ranger. Using the mouse to aim will make any weapon feel new. If they design the guns correctly, it could be like playing Quake!

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Rifles are awesome but COMPLETELY OP, i don't even really know what else to say about them. They have perfect range, apparently can burn/poison/freeze, never miss, can launch/knockdown with grenades, and allow you to move while firing to stay out of danger. Not to mention, you can change to special ammo every now and then...

I think they need to basically raise the amount of delay after firing (similar to PSO), GREATLY lower strafe speed while firing, and remove the ability to element your bullets without using the special cartage where you change ammo for like a few seconds (which was very neat.) Otherwise rangers are already the Gods of this game, and the Rifle is the only freaking ranged weapon they've shown so far...
    Aren't Alphas usually really easy compared to the main game anyway? So that they can show off everything. Hopefully they do nerf the rifles though, especially because its considered a starter weapon.
    I hope they bring Talis back from PSO. Wasn't too much of a fan of the Cards from PSU. Having a ranged weapon that only forces can use would be great. I don't know what ability they could give it to make it somewhat different than a gun though, other than the power being and requirements needed to use it being based off your Tech.

Some new, some old, is the way to go I think.

Considering that for all we know, not many PSO weapon types are returning or are likely being replaced with something functionally-superior (like rifles and/or mechguns, as far as we know, are being replaced with assault rifles), I think the returning weapon types like Swords and Rods have some room for some of the more iconic or outstanding weapons of their types.

Though I think it would be hilarious if the lowest-level rare Gunslash were called "DB's Varista."
    Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Im excited for Partisian, i want to see how they're going to implement it, seeing as Sword is already Wide + Power and Wired Lance is already Wide + Speed + full range. Also, every weapon shown so far has had a "second function" (gunslash switch, grab, swords can charge moves, rods can charge Techniques.) Maybe Partisans will be able to pierce rows of enemies? That's something PSU failed at. And they can't really be like PSO's partisans, because Accuracy doesn't exist on this game apparently.
    Back in PSO, Partisans were basically the superior melee weapon, due to your defensive advantage when using them over any other weapon type. The high accuracy made it easier to land heavy attacks, which push enemies back, and with normal attack speed, the delay after the final attack in the standard normal->heavy->heavy combo gave you the precise timing for a standard Booma clone to start his attack and for you to step back, turn around, and start a new combo (the two-inch-dodge technique). They may not deal as much damage, but they also had much faster attacks and a slightly wider and longer attack range than Swords.

All things considered, they were a weapon type with more in the way of defensive advantages than Swords, whose slow, unwieldy attacks could easily leave you open in combat. I would like to see Partisans implemented in PSO2 in a similar way - where they give you a better defensive advantage over Swords due to their faster speed. I'm not sure what to think about Wired Lances though, unless the weapons get some rebalancing in order to make them into more niche weapon types (which, really, every weapon should have some sort of different functional purpose from every other weapon - it was a big part of what made PSO's weapons interesting - if one weapon type is superior to all others in all situations, then weapon types are no longer a choice).

Of course, moreso than anything else, I'm interested in if they'll be implementing Slicers at all, and if so, how. They may not have been the most useful things in PSO in most cases (save for giving a well-made Rainbow Baton to a FOmar), but they were still an interesting weapon type that was fun to use, despite suffering statistically. Maybe they'll reappear as a Force-oriented weapon, with ranged and technique power stats (kind of like how Gunslash is both melee and ranged, and Rods are both melee and technique, though I would imagine they may instead implement a different weapon type to be a better hybrid of melee and technique power).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I want to see old favorites as well as new ones.

Many many new types and designs please!

BUT: I would really like them to bring back popular weapons! Psycho Wand is a must. It's been a part of Phantasy Star since the originals. I really hope they make it really awesome and crazy and rare and unique and all like it used to be though.

Other stuff like Spread Needle, Zamba, Guld and Milla, and such should also make an appearance because its cool to see popular weapons make a comeback like that but they shouldnt go crazy and start bringing everything back like sweet deaths and blackbulls haha
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I was found the new original stuff to be more interesting.

ESPECIALLY the stuff made from fan contests. Not sure if that counts though...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.