Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Japanese PSP2 service ends Feb. 22

I missed this yesterday but it looks like the servers for the Japanese version of PSP2 will be coming down on the 22nd of Feburary. The offline versions will still be playable and Infinity will still be up and running so if there's anyone left playing the Japanese version of PSP2, now is a good time to migrate to Infinity.

This only applies to the Japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I missed this yesterday but it looks like the servers for the Japanese version of PSP2 will be coming down on the 22nd of Feburary. The offline versions will still be playable and Infinity will still be up and running so if there's anyone left playing the Japanese version of PSP2, now is a good time to migrate to Infinity.

This only applies to the Japanese version.
    I dont play vanilla anymore, but is there any chance of vanilla going down in the near future? Not that I'm saying I want it to, just curious.

There's no announcement about the US/EU server going down yet, but I can imagine it being in the near future since the server is pretty dead during even during peak hours.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I guess people could always arrange PS3 Ad-Hoc Parties. But I'd imagine if they're still that invested in PSPo2, they would be playing Infinity. They at least have that choice to anyway. ^_^;
    PSO2 characters
    Ship 2: Rabbie, Ramune, Princess Sara. Ship 10's Elu and Noriko are here as well (for an undetermined amount of time...)

Wow already? I thought they atleast keep it up longer. This is typical of sega.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Actually this is very unusual of SEGA when you consider other versions of Phantasy Star. This could however mean that in order to continue playing players may be forced to pick up the latest expansion or else...

Somehow I fear for the US/EUR vanilla....

hope this doesn't end how I believe it will....

then again I might as well start to learn how to boot up xlink properly.... just in case XD
    PSP2 main character

Sesilou. Lv. 62 Vanguard. (Getting back on track )

Huh. About time. I'm surprised it was still up when Infinity Was released.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

For the people saying "wow already?"

I'm sure it should really be "Wow people still play normal PSP2 in Japan?"

I'm sure it's along the same reason they take down the servers for demos. They want people to hurry up and get the current, alongside nobody playing the older one.

This has nothing to do with us really.

Since we don't have infinity.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    For the people saying "wow already?"

I'm sure it should really be "Wow people still play normal PSP2 in Japan?"

I'm sure it's along the same reason they take down the servers for demos. They want people to hurry up and get the current, alongside nobody playing the older one.

This has nothing to do with us really.

Since we don't have infinity.
    Still considering how dead the US/EU servers are, it does bring home that kind of feeling something else may happen to that version as well. Which is probably why they're reacting the way they are.

Also servers for anything will get taken down eventually, it's just a matter of time really. Don't be so surprised if something just stopped working without prior notice or if an announcement was made for it to go down.

Recently a game I had played from the closed beta stages closed down, due to the developers will saying they want their american customers to pay more for the same content on their original version. Differences between branches, of some infighting could cause it, but in this case they have a successor to the same game, just with more content.

Surprising? Not really, it was bound to happen eventually, considering the Vita has been released there as well as the game having been there for nearly a year.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.