View Poll Results: Which system should get the next PSO2?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vita

26 30.23%
  • 3DS

9 10.47%
  • Neither

51 59.30%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

New console (as far as the PSO franchise is concerned) new fresh untapped market.

I'd say Sega was either testing the waters with the PSP games or actually just dove right ahead because they thought they'd get more money there.

They're going to piss off some people, or leave them confused, like Squeenix does lately with their "experiments" in game design. But I'd say the PSP library is richer with PSP and PSP2. And probably Sega as well than if they just focused all their effort on the main PSU game.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

Having PSU to go is a good selling point but the bad part is that it's PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    Wrong direction?

That's all i see when PSU came to be and everything PSU related after that.
    PSPo2 is pretty damn fun for a PSU game. Story sucks nuts but the game is awesome for a handheld. The PP bar, the lobby & other things from PSO kinda make a nice mix too.

Keep it PC-only please. I have little to no interest in handheld gaming these days, plus I don't want another PSU situation in terms of separating servers and content...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

i don't care what the graphics look like, the 3DS is like god's gift to the world of gaming and a phantasy star game on it would be incredible! and if it helps sales, put it on both, PUT PSO2 ON ALL THE CONSOLES (but especially 3DS)

Really? My little brother has a 3DS and I used it for a while. I didn't think it was groundbreaking and I didn't think it was even that special. Just another handheld. Personally, just keep it on PC. Make the next iteration of PSP for both 3DS and Vita though, to maximize playerbase.

Never thought I would ever do this again but all this talk about handheld PS just forced me to insert PSP2i back into my dusty PSP, ugh I just face palmed myself hard...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    Wrong direction?

That's all i see when PSU came to be and everything PSU related after that.
    Well I guess I could assume at least for the western side, that PSU's popularity died too fast to try and sell another expansion. (G4 didn't even glance at it with their snooty X-Play show.) and the handhelds were a cheapshot at a fresh start.

Otherwise they never cared about the west in general, I guess PSP1 was just a random idea but it sold well or something, then instead of actually putting things that PSP2 added to PSU that it should have had since day 1... They just said fuck it and made PSP2, then milked it again for Infinity.

I dunno..

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

All i saw in PSU were elements and pieces that looked and played like PSO that were shoved in without knowing why it worked. It looked promising at first, hell it won best in show at E3 but it didn't live up to what we were expecting.

I give that game every chance because I loved PSO to death but I lost interest after 2 days and I played it non-stop when I had nothing to do for days laying in bed at the hospital bored to death.

Quote Originally Posted by PlinderD View Post
    Profits

Pretty much, unfortunately.

They probably saw how successful Monster Hunter was doing and rushed like fuck to get a piece of dat shit. Most of the best PSP2 features came from that game anyway. Unfortunately nobody told them how fucking asinine it was to make the PSP version of the game 100x superior to the original, and then NOT update the original.

On top of PSU's issues that'd stop me from caring about the game, PSP2 is one of the biggest reasons i never renewed in the last 2 years. I mean seriously, what is the fucking point of playing that old relic of a crappy game anymore when the handheld version has all the REAL updates?

I mean think about it, what can you do on PSU that you can't on PSP2? It's the same game, except just pretty much better and more expansive in every single way.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Dec 29, 2011 at 01:23 PM.