Default Phantasy Star Zero + OpenGL rendering

Some people say that PSZ graphics aren't that great. Well, in my opinion it's not the programmers fault, but the fault of the NDS engine itself. I did a little experiment and tried to run PSZ using OpenGL engine (it's somehow not legit, so I won't specify how to do it on this forum). I used 32x antialiasing, 16x anisotropic filtering and 8x transparent texture filtering. The screen resolution is 256x192 (original) zoomed to 512x384 (for 25% TV scanlines).
    Check out this album for some screenshots.
    This video shows it in action (but without scanlines).
    youtube.com/watch?v=tyL4s8T-JoA

So PSZ basically has really smooth graphics. I wonder how the new 3DS renders it, if you know, please respond.

Hmm, very good... Lack of polygons is still evident, but game does look much better.

Antialiasing and texture filtering make everything better. PSZ graphics benefit a lot from them, but try running Episode 1&2 with those! It looks awesome.

EDIT: Took my own advice and did just that with BB. Specifically, visited Central Control Area after maximizing everything maximizable in my 3D driver settings. Jungle area is breathtaking by itself, but with these enhancements, it gets even better!
    Last edited by Sp-24; Jan 16, 2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Gal Da Val is beautiful!

Well, setting additional graphics in PSOBB has never been a problem. (Just remember russian mod for BB with its HDR textures / lighting and camera motion effects).
    As I noticed, NDS graphics engine makes all elements in PSZ shiver alot when they're moving. I think that's because of lack of filtering on a tiny screen.

3DS rendering vs DS Clunky

3DS colours are sharper and more vibrant (to the point where it looks weird), however the rendering is fuzzy on both screens due to scaling the resolution. Other than that, the major quirk is actually the control scheme for quick menus.
    PM to let me know of friendcode exchange~

-=PS0 Characters=-
    Shirlie (RAmarl)
    Spec (FOnewearl)
    Fio (HUnewearl)