Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 242
  1. #1

    Arrow PSO2 Community Chat


    Click here to automatically add the server to your mumble


    IRC: (Text Chat)

    IRC: irc.seraphimlabs.net
    channel: #pso2

    Here is the direct, easy, foolproof link to join the irc if you don't have a client

    Special Thanks:

    Thank the EXPFULL Podcast for providing their Mumble server to the community!
    Lightbreaker for hosting our Mumble server during the CBT. Great guy.
    Last edited by Krigo; Jun 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    PSP2i:
    Krigo - Level 82 Male Human Hunter - Class Level 15
    Nu - Level 18 Female CAST Ranger - Class Level 4



  2. #2

    Default

    Myeah like I said; Skype will probably be less effective as more people start joining the group. So a program tailored to handling bigger groups will probably be best. I say Ventrilo because that's the most likely thing people will have, but I'm sure there's good alternatives as well so.

    For regular chat, IRC seems pretty good as long as people don't have to download clients or register and so on.

  3. #3
    Murasaki Honoo Kichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Here...there... wherever
    Posts
    175

    Default

    I'm basically in agreement with Mitz, though I don't think skype would be too bad.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

  4. #4
    undead and loving it. Macras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ship 2, ARKS Dormatory
    Posts
    264

    Default

    the iirc thing sounds like it would be pretty nice for setting up parties but not as much for joining them.

    on voice chat, i dont use it much myself anymore but it really depends on how many people will be using it, if its say.... a party, skype works great but when you hit the 3 party limit of those certain areas, it would likely get a bit... messy.

    but im not sure how a vent server would be handled either though, is it just going to have like... several sub channels for separate parties or..?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macras View Post
    but im not sure how a vent server would be handled either though, is it just going to have like... several sub channels for separate parties or..?
    That can easily be done.

  6. #6

    Default

    IRC will be set up later today and we'll be doing a test run of it instead of the Skype client if everything works out. If it doesn't, it'll be delayed.

    In this period, we'll be using this as our main style of chat. I'll probably set a couple of trusted people as ops to make sure that everything runs well.
    PSP2i:
    Krigo - Level 82 Male Human Hunter - Class Level 15
    Nu - Level 18 Female CAST Ranger - Class Level 4



  7. #7

    Default

    An IRC is probably the best idea.

    I know a great many people who do not like Microphones/headsets at all (I'm not a fan of them myself), so TeamSpeak/Ventrillo would be a hassle for some people. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not a fan of Voice Chat. Plus, with many people in the Alpha, it could get way too crowded.

    An IRC, however, would be perfect. Could log on whenever you want and chat. Skype groups are huge hassles because when you have a huge group, and notifications on, you hear the "New Message" notification literally every second. I was in a group of about 20 people and it drove me to leave the group even though I had no problem with the group themselves. I wanted to keep the notifications on for everyone else, but that specific group, when using the chat, would drive you insane with the constant bloops. IRC has no sound unless you turn it on (Or none at all). Would be the best idea.

    Anyone who wants to voice chat could easily make a temporary group conversation on Skype and voice chat that way, plus they might only want their group, and in a Skype group you cannot do that. Ventrillo and TeamSpeak have user limits last I checked as well.

  8. #8
    undead and loving it. Macras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ship 2, ARKS Dormatory
    Posts
    264

    Default

    the user limits thing wont be as much of an issue if we get an approximation of how many players would actually use it though, like say we get a confirmed 50 people would use it, we could see about getting one near that number so as to be able to facilitate the people who would use it and possibly a bit extra just in case someone decides to start using it later on

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    Myeah like I said; Skype will probably be less effective as more people start joining the group. So a program tailored to handling bigger groups will probably be best. I say Ventrilo because that's the most likely thing people will have, but I'm sure there's good alternatives as well so.

    For regular chat, IRC seems pretty good as long as people don't have to download clients or register and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polantaris View Post
    An IRC is probably the best idea.

    I know a great many people who do not like Microphones/headsets at all (I'm not a fan of them myself), so TeamSpeak/Ventrillo would be a hassle for some people. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not a fan of Voice Chat. Plus, with many people in the Alpha, it could get way too crowded.

    An IRC, however, would be perfect. Could log on whenever you want and chat. Skype groups are huge hassles because when you have a huge group, and notifications on, you hear the "New Message" notification literally every second. I was in a group of about 20 people and it drove me to leave the group even though I had no problem with the group themselves. I wanted to keep the notifications on for everyone else, but that specific group, when using the chat, would drive you insane with the constant bloops. IRC has no sound unless you turn it on (Or none at all). Would be the best idea.

    Anyone who wants to voice chat could easily make a temporary group conversation on Skype and voice chat that way, plus they might only want their group, and in a Skype group you cannot do that. Ventrillo and TeamSpeak have user limits last I checked as well.
    While having a voice chat server would be a nice idea, I would suggest using ts3 as opposed to vent.
    My last experiences of vent were rather terrible; it had poor security features and simply didn't really benefit for those who didn't want to use voice.
    Ts3 has that option of either talking or im chatting... It would benefit everyone in the end.
    If not, IRC is just fine.
    Just don't use vent...

  10. #10
    Veteran Hero Angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Dreams, Dreams.
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    I'm down with IRC.

    Let's get this started.

Similar Threads

  1. PSO2 Lobby chat question
    By AustinMusick in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 3, 2012, 05:33 AM
  2. The PSO2 Community
    By sessilu04 in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
  3. PSO2 Voice Chat?
    By VonHalford in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 24, 2012, 03:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •