Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

I see a bunch of people here bad mouthing ppl who use codes to enhance their gameplay...i don't see a problem. I mean, the game is about having fun right? If joe sweatsocks wants to use codes to make his exp. better, who cares? He paid the $50 for his game, not you, so let him have his fun. I see a bunch of whiners here and it makes me laugh, I'm a lvl 73 and i've never found half the stuff you ppl talk about. I play on very hard online and offline and still i find nothing of any value. I've found about 20 db sabers, 5 dbl sabers, 10 varista's, 6 dragon slayers, and more junk. i try to trade to someone who has 4 photon claws, and they laugh at me. So I see no problem using the codes to get the item I want and have no hope of finding. You say cheating takes the fun out of the game, well so does getting the same worthless crap over and over again. not al the classes can find the same items, it depends on your class and id. So, unless all you lucky ppl who get everything under the sun in the game want to start sharing, LEAVE US WHO WANT THE SAME ITEMS YOU DO ALONE!

Note 'rare'. A rare item meaning not everyone has one just lying around. By cheating you will remove all of the pride and worth in the item.

Myself and many friends have spent hundreds of hours working on our Epics in Everquest, how would you feel if you were one of us, and then someone came up and said, 'Oh that epic, ya I just hacked it onto my char file.'

You would be lucky if they didn't come looking for you...
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Ok, this may shock you, don't be scared...but Phantasy Star Online, well, IT'S A GAME! Not eveybody is like you and can devote every waking moment to playing the game. Besides, it's their $50, not yours. You want to buy my copy, I won't cheat. If not, let me do what I want to enjoy MY GAME.

I could personally care less, until you infringe apon my right to play this 'game'.

Cheat as you wish, but dont infringe apon my rights to enjoy this game.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Ok how is my using codes infringing upon your game? Do I steal items from you? No. And another thing i meant to say is it's getting REALLY boring for me to find items I cannot equip, i.e. dragon slayer, blade dance, sword of laconium. I can't trade these items because every second person has 1, so what do I do with them? That may be the games biggest fault, the inability to use weapons. And don't give me that "keep playing, you will find something" line, i've spent over 100 hrs and I stiil get jack @&?! It really sucks getting items you can't use/trade. anyone wants to trade, i'll give all my dragon slayers and db's sabers for 1 photon claw. what's that? oh, laughter.

You know, personally I could care less if you cheat or not, as long as you do it offline and don't bring it into the online world. If you have any respect at all, and aren't one of those "I don't care about anyone but myself" types, then you won't bring whatever you cheated into the online world.

I too, haven't found anything of real value yet (unless my book of katana 2 is wanted), nor have I found a legendary item, weapon, or anything. If it's replay value you want online, and want to find some neat things, why don't you get another memory card and start a new character with a different name?

You spent your $50 on the game, so yes you have a right to do whatever you want OFFLINE. Remember, the online world is all of ours, not just yours. We all paid our $50 too so we could have a fair online world, and we don't like those people who think that their $50 makes them own the world.

-Gryphon

you now what? your opinion sucks big deal, brother! if you want to cheat, get the heck out of here and play offline. It's spoiling the fun for all of us, playing online, with a damn cheater. The problem is: due to the lack of expierience, cheaters are almost ALWAYS very lame players because they usually don't have any fighting skills and get killed by some boomers because they just don't know how to play, and therefore ruin the Game for their Teammates. You cheaters just don't deserve the Items you got by hacking in some lame codes! THAT'S the point. And: i was paying 50 bucks as well, and you ruin MY Game! What do you say about that?

Your last post makes no sense to me. What exactly am I bringing into "our world" that gets you so bent out of shape? Is it because I can actually get a weapon that makes me want to continue playing? I admit, i'm bored with the game. I do the same thing time after time and it yeilds the same results. So I got some codes, and now i'm having fun once again. I can now feel useful in the game, instead of doing an avg. of 80 damage per hit, I do 200. That makes me a better part of my team, which makes the game more fun. I can give myself good items to trade, helping myself and someone else in the process. I'm sorry you had a bad time when you cheated at everquest(? sorry I forget the game you were talking about:P), but that is not my fault, nor is it my problem. I don't steal items when people die, I always give new players items which I no longer need, and i'm not an item whore. (you know, the guy who runs around grabbing items w/o fighting) So I don't see why i'm the bad guy here.

Clubmaster, First off, i'm level 73 through exp. not cheating. I started to lose interest in the game, so I did something to boost it again. I love the game, the lack of story and the fact that it gets very repetitive started to wear on me. That coupled with the very poor item system almost drove me away. By poor item system I mean finding items you cannot use at all, that and level 40 players can find items faster than level 70 players, the game should not be set up that way. It should be a level based system, with the higher levels getting the items first. read my previous post for the rest of my reply.

On 2001-02-16 09:44, gamer88 wrote:
    Clubmaster, First off, i'm level 73 through exp. not cheating. I started to lose interest in the game, so I did something to boost it again. I love the game, the lack of story and the fact that it gets very repetitive started to wear on me. That coupled with the very poor item system almost drove me away. By poor item system I mean finding items you cannot use at all, that and level 40 players can find items faster than level 70 players, the game should not be set up that way. It should be a level based system, with the higher levels getting the items first. read my previous post for the rest of my reply.
    ok, you have a point there. I'm sorry, but i met too many cheaters, who appeared to not have played for just 1 hour! but Level 100, and plethora of items and so forth... . But had never seen a hildebear! That just p.... me off. I'm sorry, i was obviously aiming at the wrong target