Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I started getting bored with work... so I torched it, and put all my fellow employees out of a job... I have intrest in it now...

UM... yeah... think about your argument...

I also paid $50 for the game, and for *MY* $50 I expect to play with people who will play by the rules and play FAIR. If the cheaters want to modify the rules to their liking, they can do it offline or in some place away from where I am gaming.

You could say the same about a person with a gun. It's their gun. They can do what they want with it. As long as they don't step on MY lawn.

-SSZ

AS long as cheaters don't harm you, it's alright for me. People hate item cheaters because the rare items they found are not rare anymore since all cheaters can get them easily.
    If you complain about cheating because you can't brag. Come on, it's just a game, not your real life.

I don't cheat, I don't seek for special item purposely. I just use whatever I have to enjoy the game.

I have absolutely no problem with cheating as long as it's kept offline. When you are online it is important to remember that it is no longer YOUR game. As soon as you connect it becomes everyone's game and must be treated appropriately. While you may not think working through a game and having the satisfaction of beating the final boss on your own is all that great, there are many player who do and since this is a TEAM game it is important to respect the wishes and "morals" of those on your team.
    As for not feeling like you are an important part of a team, I really can't see that as a valid excuse for cheating. Last night myself and a lev 35 character were helping a Lev 4 through the caves. He was getting to fight creatures that he wouldn't normally be able to even consider fighting successfully and having fun.
    A simple solution tothis would be that if you want to cheat online that you name your game appropriately so those who aren't interested in cheating don't have to enter.
    You might say, "Why should I have to change my team name, why can't they?" To this I can only say that Cheating is cheating no matter whether you support it or not. If it was meant to be a part of the game it would have been included. So, even if Sonic Team wasn't vocal about preventing Cheating you should know enough that no matter how fun it may be that a cheated game of PSO isn't really a game of PSO at all becasue it is no longer what it's creater intended. With that said I would encourage any "cheaters" to take it upon themselves to make the effort not to ruin the game for the legit players. It would be a shame if there were nothing but password protected games on the servers, that would really take away from the team aspects of PSO.

-Syntax
    *throws in 2 cents*

Well here's my take on cheating. do NOT use codes while your online! I think that can ruin the team experience, but if for example I take my third character I have used and am tired of leveling up, use the gameshark to get to level 100 who's business is it in the first place? I mean I worked my way through the game twice and it's worn very thin. Even playing online is becoming a drag. The same things, the same place! So as long as I beef up my char offline to level 100 there is NO reason I should be osterisized for it online or banned or shunned. I know alot of players who welcome a level 100 simply for cover! I think alot of you are upset because your saying to yourself, I dont cheat so he cant cheat! Wrong! Each to his own especially when you paid for the game. As long as no one is stealing items, or just being an A**hole online, there is nothing wrong with using codes to enhance a char. No matter WHAT you say, these cheaters are not hurting your game! If you dont like em ignore me and dont play with em! I fail to see a valid point from all you who are so down on these cheaters! They are playing the game to thier liking and that's that. Yoiu would have a valid point if a cheater actually took something away from YOUR gaming experience but they dont. It seems like everyone complaining sounds like a bunch of people who themselves want to cheat but dont so they get upset with people who do. Remeber, thinking it is just as bad as doing it! The intent is there and that would make you hypocrites. Lastly I feel sad that this game which is a great game has already begun to lose it's luster after a short two weeks! Even the fanboys out there who say story and char development doesnt matter are getting bored! Oh well if Sega wants us to not resort to codes and cheats, then they should make a game with some substance and a game where the only goal is to master a 3 hit combo and hack and slash 5 or 6 enimes to bits that all look the same!

cheating ruins the challenge and the trade market while killing the 'neat/rare' factor for goods.

sure do it offline to jazz it up.

but don't bring your artifically jazzed up self online with your no sweat/effort counterfit bits. man why is it so hard to understand?

games usually are fun because they represent challenge. rare items are special/rare, because a lot of time/effort goes into them.

why don't you hit spots for luck material? loot is based on difficulty/zone, back up to your '40' hot spots if you need to.

no wonder games these days have less and less challenge.. too many take the easy road.

and wonder why others don't like counterfit items and artifical power in online communities.

No I get it! Games arent challenging anymore because they are to short or full of bugs and repetativness! PSO is a great game no doubt about that, BUT the game itself promotes cheating. If it had more than 4 levels and some REAL reasons to play the other difficulties no one would be or want to be cheating! I have NEVER cheated on Phantasy Star 1-4! Why? Because the game is so interesting and there's so much more than slashing enimies to those first 4 games! All you people keep saying that it ruins YOUR experience when someone bring a beefy char on line! How?????? You obviously dont like them and you dont play with em so you have nothing to complain about!!!! They are not hurting you or taking anything from you so you should just stop complaining and play the game! I bet after you run through the game a couple of times and feel disappointed, you'll eventually want to play again, but you'll say.....God this sucks to have to level up again. Leveling up only has a purpose when there is a reward for it! This game has no rewards, or purpose other than to allow players to get together and beat up some baddies! Like I've said before cheating is fine until you actually hurt or impair someone elses game play. I urge all you young un's out there to go and play the other games! You'll find out what real RPG's are like and you'll see why people want to cheat on PSO

If you're so displeased with the current setup cheating is only delaying the inevitable. If you don't like PSO how the creators intended it to be then don't play. How hard is that? Anyone trying to use reason to justify cheating will get ripped apart by me like a team of level 5 forces and a sinow-beat.

Yay! I love people who try their hardest to sound smart but are just plain stupid! It's so much fun to bash down their "arguments." Okay, well, gamer, I'm going to turn quite a few of the things you said against you, so with whatever smartass reply you're going to make, watch what you say. You're right. It's a game. Very, VERY true. What is a game, I ask you. Is it walking around being able to slaughter anything that comes nearby? It is being able to kill the last boss a hundred times over without even looking? No, that's called doing nothing. And, it's also called *gasp* CHEATING. A game is a challenge, my friend, and what do you do when you can kill anything and get anything you want? You destroy the challenge, you destroy the game. Now, cheating is wrong, but if you cheat offline, what do I care? Come online, I'm quite upset. People who don't cheat laid out the fifty bucks, so they deserve to get equal value to the weapons and stuff they EARN. EARN. E-A-R-N. Think about that word. You may have gotten to level 70, but if you cheat, that makes you a newbie and a person who can't play games worth a damn. You can't argue with that, because you're making the game NOT a game by happily ousting the challenge. That makes you a bad game player. Let me backtrack a bit, we laid out the fifty bucks, and when we see the items we got through playing and fighting and such worth nothing because cheaters are tossing them around like maniacs, it makes our efforts in vain and ruins the game for US. Now, we can't just stop playing because of this, can we? The only thing left is for cheaters to stop cheating. If your philosophy is "I'm bored. Cheat." then I'll go with Spy's perspective on things. Have you ever gotten bored with your girlfriend? What happened then? It's scary to think people's logic can be so misshapen as to lead them to believe that if they're bored, everything must change to keep them interest. Get over yourself.

Wrong again! I enjoyed the game very much untill that is, that I found myself with nothing to do but slash more enimies! I've beaten the game and there is nothing to the game once it's stripped down, which is becoming clear to about 90% of gamers. Delaying the inevitable? Try this. If you were dying (which is inevitable) you would jump at the chance to do something if some one gave you the means to do it because you knew the end was coming. Look it's simple cheat, but dont F**K with other players. Cheat but cheat offline. Cheat and bring your char online but dont mess with people and go ruining thier game. If you dont like cheaters dont play with em! This topic is very similar to censorship! Just because you dont like it doesnt give you the right to shut it down or punish the people who enjoy it! If you dont like it or approve of it, then turn your head, look the other way! Until it ACTUALLY takes something away from YOUR gaming experinece, stop whining, and mind your own business! Obviously you complaining dont play with the cheaters so what's the problem?