Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ah ha ha ha ha...ho boy...smart people can be irritating, but people who TRY to sound smart are just plain funny. I'll go with ambrai on this one, READ her posts and don't say the same thing in response. You see, she's stating specifically HOW it effects us, and that kind of crushes your little argument that it doesn't hurt us in any way. OF COURSE it does! The people who earn stuff find it without value because there's a bunch of newbies running around tossing double sabers out like they're the best players in the world. WRONG. Myau, you are NOT a gamer. A three year old who doesn't cheat is more of a gamer than you are. People who cheat obviously can't play well enough to go on without cheating, so they're not gamers. They're cheaters. There's no such thing as a combination of the two. As for you being rich in real life...did you cheat to get born into a wealthy family? Did you enter some code while you were being born that you'd be teleported to a wealthy family? No? Well, there goes your argument (and I use the term argument VERY loosely). As for you playing since the Atari days...wow. That gives you the right to do whatever the hell you want because you've played Atari! Yippee do dah! Now, cheaters come into my game and are on the team, so...what am I supposed to do again? Leave? Every time I see a cheater, I leave? Sorry bud, I didn't do anything wrong, THEY did. Cheaters can stop cheating, players can't just stop playing. Also, I seriously doubt that you went through PS 1-4...or any RPG for that matter, as you said that, and I quote, "Oh well if Sega wants us to not resort to codes and cheats, then they should make a game with some substance and a game where the only goal is to master a 3 hit combo and hack and slash 5 or 6 enimes to bits that all look the same!" Every RPG has repetition in it, you fight enemies...and you fight more enemies...then you fight a boss...then you fight more enemies. *ahem* What RPGs have you beaten, again? And by beaten, I don't mean cheated, because those are two different things. If Sega didn't want idiots to use cheats, they wouldn't have become a game company and would be making potholders right now. As far as what you said about just leaving your girlfriend when you get bored of them...that's just...really, really, REALLY sad. Oh, and one more thing, Myau, it's spelt "their" not "thier."

Every heard of "Save the player, kill the game"??

Just blame GS. Can Sonic Team sue GS for this??

Ok, having just joined the site, and taking a few minutes to salavate over the rare items, I have been reading this forum, and a few things struck me.....
    Let me first clarif that I do not cheat/weapon steal I actually can be found GIVING items away that I can't use or don't want. That being said... I have also been frustrated by a total lack of ability to find any good rare items... I find plenty of double sabres and db swords, not that I want them, but never the guns I am looking for. So I see why people would use the gameshark codes to cheat. But telling them to do it offline only is kinda retarded. Sure they can cheat offline, but the results of said cheating would follow them online. They would still have all the items and meseta they wanted. As long as they don't steal from me, and if they help out then fine.. What annoys me more than anything else are the people who ignore the room full of baddies to concentrate on destroying the evil boxes. Although I do get a slightly warm feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see that they've been surrounded and killed. It happens so often I just let them stay dead for a while rather than waste my TP. But back to rare item gathering, I have found that most of the time I am finding the crap I want offline.. so I've been playing offline almost as much as online, and in a day or two I'll be playing in VH offline and hopefully finding the items I've been missing online.

That's my two cents..

Ratsmack, smart people are lurking. Maybe REAL smart people are laughing at this thread thinking "wtf with today's kids?? It's just a game!"

For so many times you stated that what is smart and what is stupid. You might be smart, but can't deniy that you're very childish.

True, Rei, true, I'm being very stubborn, but then again, so are the people arguing against me. And I don't remember saying what is smart and what is stupid unless you mean me saying cheating is stupid and not cheating is smart, something that's pretty much a fact. I have called cheaters stupid...and I don't see much of a problem with that. And Red makes a good point, that cheating offline will follow them online. Still, it is decreasing the value of stuff and ruining the in game "economy" (for lack of a better word).

I'll make this short. (cause I have to go right now

But in my experince it ALWAYS more fun not to cheat.

Hell, I dont care if you cheat or not. I dont and thats how I play. If you want to cheat go right ahead I payed $50 for this game and want to get everything out of it with the feeling that I did it myself, not with some cheat or hack. So cheat if you want to..im going to have my fun no matter what you do.

Gamblor

Look I am only trying to make a point! I am a true gamer because I enjoy all consoles and all RPG's! Next lets speak how ridiculous it is for someone to get personally smashed for simply stating an opinion! I NEVER bashed anyone personally! This thread was supposed to discuss whether cheating in a game is good or bad or whether you gave a sh*t or not! You can call me what you will but I have a respect for games that those of you bashing me will never have. And that comes from playing games for so long! Smack or whatever you name is! You missed my whole point! There is alot more i could say but i dont want to detract anymore from this board that already has been. I am simply in favor of using codes so long as it's not duping cash and items or infinite hp and tp. Those ruin the game but for levels and people who have trounced this game why not? What do you care? Play with someone else! I have been on icq with another person from this board who disagreed with me and we have reached a happy medium! Neither of us bashed each other or resorted to name calling. That stuff is for kids, something that I havent been in a long long time! LOL

Oh to answer your question, I've beaten, all the Final Fantasy's, all the Phantasy Stars Chrono Trigger and Cross just to name a few. I play em all and I beat em all without cheating. Yes every RPG has repitiion in it but most have something to make it worth while! Looks it's my opinion and that's the way it is. I see you points and understand where you are coming from i just dont agree with you! SO go ahead and bash me some more if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Oh yea i almost forgot! Smart has nothing to do with video games! Games are entertainment! And yes Sega should make a game with some substance to it especially if they are goint to use the name Phantasy Star! Sorry guys for ranting but I know it irritiates you. It's just to easy! Come on icq and lets talk about it if you want a friendly debate!