Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

If your attention span is less than 2 minutes, go elsewhere. Otherwise, be prepared to have your world turned upside down...or something ;>

So I'm completely bored at work and decide to work on figuring out how to max stats for a hunny. Damn near impossible, or completely out of the question.

WTF!
    >ST

100 extra materials would have really, really helped. I would trade my tp regen for 100 mats any day.

I also managed to figure out how many of each mat my Hunny has eaten to date. Grr...not pretty, but salvageable.

If the mat limit had been mentioned anywhere in the manual, or in-game, I wouldn't have had so much wastage.

Damn you
    >ST

So, to skip all the boring-ass calculations, here it is...my final config for my Hunny, with two God/Abilities. It isn't optimal, but I can't afford to redo this character. She's level 145, y'see, and I like her.

Also has a free armor slot where she can put whatever she wants. And, of course, one slot is filled with a God/Battle.

ATP 1229
    DFP 589 (maxed, but quite a bit of wasted points)
    MST 971
    ATA 198
    EVP 734
    LCK 100

Mag: Sato
    DEF 5
    POW 99
    DEX 96
    MIND 0

I went and figured out the best config possible for a Hunny, taking into account that we all need a free armor slot to put cure/* or whatever. One slot is filled with God/Battle, as always.

ATP 1237 (max)
    DFP 589 (max)
    MST 967
    ATA 199 (max)
    EVP 706
    LCK 100

mag: Sato
    DEF 5
    POW 76
    DEX 98
    MIND 21

This optimal config allows for a free armor slot, just like mine, but it is more efficient.

Still...when in actual use, both configs will be pretty much the same in performance - which is the only reason why I haven't already recreated my Hunny.

You Humar lovers out there can point and laugh, I guess...but keep in mind who has the level 20 S/D ;>

I've also come to the conclusion that the Ramarl, usually considered inferior to the Hunny, is actually better.

Yeah, sacrilege, but hear me out...

1) Those 100 mats boost her stats so that you could max them without breaking a sweat, or you could have like 3 free slots with a modest MST/EVP hit.

2) She can use an S-Rank Twin with surprising effectiveness. Besides, she can use all mechguns. +45% hit charge vulcans on a Ramarl is scary.

3) If she wants to take care of a group of enemies, a spread needle is all she needs. Who needs the T-J sword when your Spread Needle is turning everything into a fine red mist whilst paralyzing at the same time?

4) She can use Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen.

5) She gets the same level 20 techs.

6) Her HP at level 200 is actually higher. Not by much, but still higher.

7) Her ATA owns the Hunny's ATA. Completely blows it out of the water.

Her EVP owns the Hunny's EVP. Not a significant difference, but it is still higher.

9) Her other stats are not so far off. Only her ATP is noticeably less (1145 vs 1237 = 92 ATP diff).

10) Hunny gets tp regen...which only works when standing still. Woohoo -.- My ramarl has a Geist Laser +40% hit and can refill her tp on the fly, and quicker too.

So there you go...my Hunny will remain my favourite character simply because I like her, but statistically my Ramarl is better.

yay, i knew i chose a ramarl for a good reason!!

When I was looking for a ranger, I chose a Ramarl only because she was female and had level 20 techs. It took me a while to really appreciate just how good she really is.

Now if I can only get her out of her pantaloons/fatigues and into booty shorts.

If its booty shorts you lookin for or just a great lookin female. The HUnewearl OWNS. She has tons of great costumes!!

I agree. The RAmarl has really horrible growing pains early on, but once you get her up to speed she is far better than the HUnewearl overall.

As for the costumes...

Pantaloons > Booty Shorts

I'm only saying that because I'm sick of my HUnewearl getting hit on. I'm a guy damnit. 0_o

Getting hit on doesn't bother me. I just tell them I'm a guy and laugh as I watch them back the hell away. I don't like making ugly characters simply because they're an eyesore...

tired little somebody in an forgotten place

I will go against your decision. I think HUnewearl is better then RAmarl. First off HUnewearl gets more atp then RAmarl and her mst is higher which makes her techs more effective (shifta/deband zalure/jellen). Also i do agree RAmarl does get much more ata but with 3 god/arms and somedex on your mag her ata is fine.

Also my opinion on rangers I feel your best choice would be with the RAcast. Hegets the most hp in the game and has the hghest atp out of the rangers. Also he gets traps which to some people are worth just as much as some tecs. Combined with good dfp and highest hp and atp the RAcast would just be better then RAmarl.

I just think HUnewearl is a better choice then RAmarl and RAcast would also be better.

This is a very flawed argument in that it relies heavily upon stats alone - Basically, RAmarl looks nice on paper.

Take actual combat into consideration.

Realistically, the only techs RAmarl use are Shifta and Deband. Jellen/Zalure's range is too limited. This favors HUnewearl, since she has to get close to the enemies any way.

On the issue of weapons... Eactly how much ATP does SPREAD NEEDLE give? What if I took that number and compared it to some of the weapons that HUnewearl can use? What would I see? S-Rank TWIN? Yeah... that's really impressive when compared to the BKB that HUnewearls can use.

In certain areas, it's a lot easier to be a RAmarl than a HUnewearl; however, that's only because certain areas just favor RAngers more than HUnters.

I'll end this by my usual "back it up" comments.

For all you who think RAmarl is better than HUnewearl, I challenge you to see which one of us can complete areas faster. We could go 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. I prefer 2 on 2 since all areas can be covered that way.

Ok, I'll bite.

1) S/D/J/Z are not affected by MST. At least I haven't noticed a difference when I raised my new MAG with 0 mind.

2) I guess the ATP vs ATA is a preference, but when the difference in ATP is so small I'll definitely take the ATA advantage. With 3 god/arms and dex on my HUnewearl's MAG, she still had accuracy issues in Ultimate Ruins and Seabed online. My RAmarl on the other hand, parades through those areas hitting everything as though they were Bartles.

3) I'll take a Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle over Rabarta 20 and TJ/Red Sword any day. If you've ever used a Shooter or Needle first hand, then you'll know my reasoning for this. I use the same mechguns for both classes and I'll say that my RA beats out my HU in damage by far... only because of her ability to start mechgun combos with the HARD hit.

Keep in mind that this is all just my opinion based on my personal playing style. Everyone will have a different opinion and preference. So what was the point of me posting all of this? Honestly, I don't know. I just feel the need to talk PSO.

I do agree that RAcasts are badass though. I never liked them until I watched my friend level his up to Ultimate. That bot kicks serious ass.

I will go against your decision. I think HUnewearl is better then RAmarl. First off HUnewearl gets more atp then RAmarl
    Yes, an additional 92 ATP is always welcome. I think that translates into like 60 or 70 extra damage. This I can't argue with ;>

and her mst is higher which makes her techs more effective (shifta/deband zalure/jellen).
    I took this into account when I typed up my post. Technically, a hunny gets more MST at max (146). However, as you can see, it's hard enough maxing the important stats like ATP, ATA and LCK. Trying to max MST at the same time is asking too much. The Ramarl will end up with more MST due to having an extra 100 mats to play with.

Besides, MST does not affect the power of S/D. Not sure about J/Z, but I don't think it is affected either.

Also i do agree RAmarl does get much more ata but with 3 god/arms and somedex on your mag her ata is fine.
    Her ATA will become okay, but the rest of the hunny's stats will get shot to pieces. In my post, she is equipping 2 god/abilities just to get to the stats I had displayed above. She would have no room to equip those god/arms.

If you tried using your god/arm + mag stats method, you'd find it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to max ATP and LCK.

Also my opinion on rangers I feel your best choice would be with the RAcast. He gets the most hp in the game and has the hghest atp out of the rangers. Also he gets traps which to some people are worth just as much as some tecs. Combined with good dfp and highest hp and atp the RAcast would just be better then RAmarl.
    This I can argue...somewhat. The only trap worth setting is the freeze trap. A Snow Queen can achieve the same effect, even in close quarters. Freeze traps work very well to get you out of situations where you're surrounded. However, using a telepipe will also get you out of danger.

As for the ATP and HP issue, Racast gets some pretty mad hp and the high ATP always helps when using mechguns. He's probably the best in online play. But in offline play, without tech support, he's not as good as a Ramarl. Basically, he's geared towards online whereas the ramarl can not only own offline, she can walk into any online game and do well.