Default playing a Force question

I have a lv26 FOmar which I have raised a lv200 Rati for that gives Def 5, POW 8, Dex 42, Mind 145, and I've also given him a Club of Laconium, Fire Scepter: Agni, and a Varista as weapons. His Frame has four slots with an Ogre power-, Ogre power--, general arm++, general arm+, and all of basic, GI & RA techs are in their teens.

I was wondering when it would be practical to run him as a full caster, I've been working on memorizing element weakness but I find myself switching to a melee style more often then I'm ever casting. I even have another lv200 Varaha with good melee stats that I use. Did I upgrade his tech too much too early too? I have over 700 tp though.

From my history with FOmars, I've never run them as full casters. If you want a nuker you should've just gown Newman. FOmars get bonuses to their Gi-level (Normal) techs, so you'll want to use those over the RA techs anyway. But since you don't regen TP and don't compete with FOnewm/FOnewearl in TP you'll want to put a bit of your ATP to work.

FOmars are hybrids and you should use that to your advantage. Someone else might have better advice, but I think you should embrace the versatility, not try and force him one way or the other.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

As a full caster? no. I wouldn't dare. you should've gone newman then.

FOmars are spell casters geared for Meele. If you want to nuke with spells and not swing around weapons, go Newmans, if you like to attack or shoot, go hunter or ranger. If you want to do decent spell damage on top of decent attacks, go FOmar/rl. Like Slidikins said. they are hybrids that have lots of unique potential that can really benefit you and get others and you out of tight situations on the battle field. but they take time and money to get to levels where they do serious destruction.

If you are feeling urges to go Meele and still use high level spells, then stay with FOmar. make a mag that gives you decent MIND and ATP with a fair/lower level split in DEF and DEX. get your self some sabers and stick with the Gi- level spells. Laconiums will only take you so far in that class.
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Feb 8, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

I'd say be a full caster if you want to do something more... trilling. Not that you would get much benefit from it I feel games should be played however you want.

However, the advice stated above is more logical information.
    There is nothing, it is empty...

Thanks guys... I'll just have to work on his levels so that I can be a better hybrid.

My FOnewearl is the best character i have, though i find her spells to be sorta of a cheap kill since the monsters neever get a chance to hit her :P but then again i love playing as her more than playing as a hunter or ranger since she never misses an attack )

I've decided to raise a new Rati mag that will have Def 5, Pow 100, Dex 46, and Mind 49. Also adjusted my Mats to Pow 15, Def 62, Mind 98, Evd 40, & Luk 35. Also my units will be God/Ability and a God/Mind to max my stats at level 200.

Does this sound better?

That setup is fine when you're close to 200, but feel free to use a different array of units and mag levels to boost your MST or ATP&ATA in the mean time. 200 is a long way away.

I don't have a problem since I can raise the Rati to max before giving it to him, and I can always transfer units, mats & grinders to him from my lv 6x HUmar.

I've not played FOmars before but my main has always been a FOmarl so I know the general idea. I run two set ups for her, one melee and one tech. Yes ok, people have already said if you want a nuke force go newman/newearl but I honestly have had no problem doing some serious damage in a tech setup.

Like people are saying its all about gear. I roll my force with a madams umbrella and a pair of lk14s both of which have a hit bonus. Look out for weapons with hit, as a FO your ATA is generally a lot lower so you'll need it if you go melee. As for units, a V101 (if you have blue burst) is essential, the rest of your units are up to you depending on how you roll. I normally tag a cure freeze and then stick in some ability slots.

For tech you will want to make use of your classes 1.3x bonus to GI tech. Get yourself the three wands, Agni, Dagon and Indra and a V801 (on BB) and you should do fine. One thing I will say is that playing a tech force doesn't really become feasible until your tech hits at least lv20. Above that point all the tech starts getting bonuses such as foie travelling a lot faster.

Your mag sounds like a good idea, and Rati is a good choice.

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>