Default [SOLVED] Which PSO Split-screen runs better? GC or Xbox?

Here an odd question. I still remember the old days when I first played PSO GC with my young folks and it was fantastic.

Until we hit Mines... it was lag fest-OH I mean extreme slowdown. All that clipping distance and such...

Anyway, which PSO Split screen runs better and smoothly? The Gamecube or the Xbox?
    Last edited by YaLyn; Feb 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

you referring to offline right? I do not believe the Xbox had a multilayer offline -> it was an online only system for PSO

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    you referring to offline right? I do not believe the Xbox had a multilayer offline -> it was an online only system for PSO
    Yes. Offline.

But... *Looks at the back of the PSO Xbox case* I'm sure it has it. [Has a messed up screenshot and the "Players 1-4"]

Feel free to correct me. Its just I don't own the classic Xbox (yet).

Not to mention it would suck if you cannot play your characters (which is client-sided, in your memory card) offline (which would kill the point of split screen from the start anyway.)
    Last edited by YaLyn; Feb 11, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

I can confirm that it's only single player for the Xbox, the GameCube version just had greater ease for multiplayer. Somewhere on this board someone mentioned that as long as you registered a GT on the Xbox, it acts as the memory card or something like that.

But aside from that splitscreen is only on GameCube.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Wow. I already knew some reasons why the game is cheap but this just adds up why PSOX is DEAD cheap.

Thanks guys.

As a former and ocasional psox player and I don't know why this keeps coming up but xbox does have offline split screen. I don't know why people keep saying it doesn't. It does and yes it does suffer from lag too when you get four people playing. It's usually not too bad. The worst I encountered was in the mountain area when you get a lot of Gibbons running around. The GT was required to play but it didn't have to be active just as long as it once was. You also got four GT slots and you can use the same tag for each slot and ten character slots per GT. It uses the xbox hard drive instead of memory cards so unless you really tried there was never a problem of corruption.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Either way a formerly active GT is needed, and as the OP said they haven't owned an Xbox yet will onlt prove to be impossible for them to play.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

It doesn't need to be online, if it's a used xbox with a GT already on it or if you can find some one with an xbox with a gt on it you can use a memory card to copy the gt and use it on your xbox. It only needs to be a previously registered GT.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury