Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Bumping this thread again. I might be able to get online soon, and if I am to get a second file of the game, I'll definitely be using these shortcuts, and I'll be playing quite a bit of Free Play to support this

I'll bump this thread with screenshots when it actually happens, but that won't be for a while.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

I just came up with a thought that if we can send custom messages in Free Play, but don't have the button to start writing our own thigs like in normal game... it means that it's just disabled. If I could find a way to enable it through some hacking, it would be awesome. But, on the other hand, finding tiny separate files containing only small bitmap images was quite easy. I don't know how to decompile the game code even if it's possible (though I'm very unsure that it's possible). Maybe some address hacking could help but I don't have an idea what address it is... Hmm...

That would be amazing, but even what's been done so far is a huge breakthrough in my opinion. If you want, go for it; it'll be awesome if it's possible, but then again, there's a good reason why Nintendo made sure it wasn't possible.

Another thought crossed my mind, what if you or I created some kind of visual guide either on the OP or in an Excel Document that you can include in the folder with the mod. I admit I struggled a bit with the mod before I was able to patch my game, but that's because I've never had any previous experience with the command prompt.

~Art by Daggart~

Hmm.. well, if this mod becomes popular, people will start asking lots of questions if they have any problems with patching. In this case I'll think of doing an additional guide besides readme.

Bumping because I still think this is interesting.

I haven't had the chance to try this out yet, but with my internet back online that day might be soon.

~Art by Daggart~

/////
    Last edited by syini; Nov 3, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Game? No. Topic? Yes. This board gets new posts usually once a day at least, and we still have an ongoing online community too... dead, this game is not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I do plan to try this out some day. I just haven't been able to get my hands on a Flash Card yet (super close I think). I was going to bring back the thread with screenshots and everything :P. But yeah, though the interest in this mod was evident, unfortunately only so many people could use it.

~Art by Daggart~

This patch is compatible with which versions of PSZ? U.S.?

I made it for European version, but I didn't try applying it to US version. I'm still waiting for someone to try and report back.