Thread: PM Support

Default PM Support

Hello. I'm a long time PSO player who just recently picked up PSU. I've done a lot of research figuring this game out, but I have one PM question that I can't find the answer to anywhere.

I play a hunter currently, and when my friends aren't online I usually just solo. I want to level my PM into a healer type, but I feel that the only items I will care to synthesize will be swords and line shields.

Is it better to split stats evenly between striking and armor stat? Or would it be better to go 100% into the striking? I thought about taking this route and then down the road using an EX Device to swap it to a healer. Is this the best approach for me to take? (After the swap will the stats stay the same?)

I've also seen guides on how to make a GH-450 right off the bat with 70 strike and 30 TECH. But I'm leaning away from this because I have no desire to synth any TECH items.
    http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/pha...U_GH450_PM.htm

Anyone with experience in this area, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

PSO Hunters Guild Founder Orochinagi's Avatar

Welcome to PSO-World CrossChoke! To answer your question quite simply I will say that yes, it is much better to 100% your PM in one category only. Reason for this being if you do it 50/50, then you will only have 50% of the maximum possible potential for sucessful synthesis. For example: A "Serafi-senba" would have a 95% chance to be made with a neutral element in my 100% Armor PM. If I had a 50/50 the chances would be more like 47% for success. As for the "healing PM", check Psupedia.info for the different varieties of PMs and find the one that best suits your needs. You can always change what PM model they are after you level them up to the point that they give you their partner card. Some models require Battle Points in order to transform to said model. They become more effective as you level up their Battle Skill by taking them out on missions (no need to heal them or keep them alive or anything like that).

As a sidenote, I would HIGHLY suggest you do a few missions in the online story mode on the 5th floor, because you can unlock some partner cards of the main characters in the story. They can help you at anytime if you invites them before starting most missions. I mention them because at least 4 of these characters heal very frequently and are good support from my experience. The characters are Ethan Waber, Fulyen Kurtz, Bruce Boyde, and Lumia Waber. Some of these actually heal better than most PMs AND you can invite any 2 of them to your party at once (1character+1character or 1+character+1PM). I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Orochinagi; Feb 24, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
    *PSO Hunters Guild*

Orochi- M.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 PT/WT/AT/FI
    Anj- F.Newman-Lvl 180, Lvl20 MF/AF/GT/AT
    Ranvir- F.Cast-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GM/FI/FM/AF
    Sydney Bristow- F.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GT/FG/GM

Thanks for the warm welcome as well as all the advice! I knew I could switch the types even after I maxed one stat to 100%. I think my main fear was (due to the way mags worked in PSO) that a healing unit with maxed striking would be next to useless, but you have cleared up a lot for me. Thanks for taking the time to help me out, and I'm off to start raising my PM now!

PSO Hunters Guild Founder Orochinagi's Avatar

No problem. Glad to help! Happy Hunting! =)
    *PSO Hunters Guild*

Orochi- M.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 PT/WT/AT/FI
    Anj- F.Newman-Lvl 180, Lvl20 MF/AF/GT/AT
    Ranvir- F.Cast-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GM/FI/FM/AF
    Sydney Bristow- F.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GT/FG/GM