Page 1 of 71 12341151 ... LastLast

Arrow The big discussion on a regional release thread (English/NA/EU/worldwide version)

Mod edit: "This thread will serve as the master thread for discussion and upcoming news on a translated/regional version of PSO2"

Is this going to be another Monster Hunter Frontier or are we actually going to see a North American release?
    Last edited by Dragwind; Mar 30, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Just read the manga-

I mean everyone's gonna be playin' dat JP version anyway.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Is 'just read the manga' a turn of phrase used by otakus?

My question is whether or not SEGA will be localizing the game for a North American release.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

No it was a joke, from some Anime that not enough people have seen. Basically saying "If you want to know all the important stuff, just read the manga"

In this case I'm saying Why wait for the Anime to come out(American release)

When you can just read da manga! (JP release)

Then realize it's not much worse, or you'll even like it better. (Manga is in black and white yet most of em still end up better than their anime counter parts = Playing a game in Japanese might be better since you get to play first and get all the content first and the developers actually care about your existence.)

But okay, no ones gonna be able to translate all that from "just read the manga" so I'll let you off. But if you ever call me an Otaku ever again, I'll rip off your balls and glue it to your chin through your cheap-ass monitor. D<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

The game isn't even in beta yet. I don't think it's appropriate to get up in arms that they haven't announced a North American/European release for a Japanese game not yet in beta (with not even a speculative JP release date, no less).

Considering that the PSO-series has seen NA releases of even titles like Phantasy Star Zero for the DS, I find the likelihood of them doing a major release like PSO2 and not releasing it outside of Japan pretty small (not to mention it's PC-only, and PC gaming is much bigger in the NA/EU markets than it is in Japan). The only real questions are when, will there be unified JP/NA/EU servers, and, if there aren't unified servers, will the non-JP playerbase get screwed on events and content updates.

I already played Monster Hunter in japanese, I'm really not interested in doing that again. I feel like after four hundred hours, I did my time, and I think I know whether or not I'd like to read English, or read Japanese.

I don't know why it's so hard for them to come out and say if it's being localized or not. All of this hush hush attitude of theirs makes me feel as though it isn't being localized, because if it was going to be then they would have no reason not to tell us.

Everything indicates that they are going to release it internationally. Just wait patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    I don't know why it's so hard for them to come out and say if it's being localized or not. All of this hush hush attitude of theirs makes me feel as though it isn't being localized, because if it was going to be then they would have no reason not to tell us.
    They aren't being hush hush. They haven't even announced a release date for it in Japan yet. If they hadn't done the alpha test/publicity stunt, we probably wouldn't even know anything about it other than the fact that they were working on it.

There is a language option in the settings menu, so I don't think they would put that there if they didn't plan on releasing it outside of Japan.

I wouldn't surprised if they don't talk about a western release date until after the Japanese version is fully up and running.

All thats been stated is release in 2012. (originally it was going to be christmas 2011 in Japan)
    I think we will hear of a western release soon probably around E3 (June 5-7)
    Take a read of the data mining thread, a couple of people have mentioned that there are localisation keys in the data of the ALPHA 1+2 code pointing at UK, USA,DE(German), FR (French),etc...
    Im 100% sure we will see a western release (it makes profit sense), its just a matter of will it be released the same time as Japan.
    Also its worth thinking about if the western server will be the same as the japanese server, knowing the history of PSU split servers, it maybe best to go JP version if so?
    I reckon release will be around around autumn for Japan and hopefully globally, depending on BETA closed and open testing results.

Well, apparently this is Phantasy Star's 25th anniversary along with Megaman (go figure), so it's likely Sega will make this a worldwide launch somehow.

The only thing I'm worried about is how they plan on doing account/subscriptions. Will they go the way more MMORPGs are lately and going free to play (other than buying the game itself) or will they do a traditional monthly fee setup.

Simply put, if they go with a monthly fee, I'm gonna likely duck out of this as much as I've been waiting for it. I've never liked the idea of paying for something I bought already and it'd be a real turn-off to see PSO2 do that.

I'm honestly hoping towards a F2P formula with maybe a couple of special micro-transactions like special armours or something (so long as it's not necissary to gameplay or game-breaking to those who cannot or would rather not do real-money transactions).