Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Alpha 2 Report + Feb. 27 Blog

The report on the second alpha is up. You can view it at the link below.

http://pso2.jp/alpha2/

Participant Info
    • In total, 70,000 people were selected to play but only 50,811 actually did.
    • 40,245 people managed to get to level 10 or above and secured themselves a place in the upcoming closed beta.
    • The maximum number of simultaneous connections was 23,097. This occured on the second day of testing at 10:40. At one point, the number of connections to Ship 2 was greater than the number of connections to Ship 1.
    • A total of 120,000 characters were created. This is about 2.3 characters per player

The blue bar represents simultaneous connections, red is number of users who logged on, green is total number of client downloads, and purple is number of participants invited.

In-Game Info

Character Info

This first graph is the racial spread. Blue is humans, green is newmen, and grey is casts. The second is the sexual spread. Blue is male and pink is female.

Next are is the Race + Sex graph. Blue is human male, orange is human female, dark green is newman male, light green is newman female, grey is cast male, pink is cast female. Newms are rocking out at 4.5% The last of the pie charts is the class spread. Red is hunter, blue is ranger, and yellow is force.

This is the average height for all the characters created. Males on the left, females on the right, human, newman, cast, and "center point" from top to bottom. The center point is the middle point on the height slider during character creation.

Here's the general distribution of heights. Males on the left, females on the right, humans, newmen, and casts from top to bottom.

Next up is the most popular clothing, parts, and hair styles:

Spoiler!

Human male hairstyle
    1. Short Wolf
    2. Casual Layer
    3. Medium Layer

Human male costume
    1. Close Quarter
    2. Sensius Coat
    3. Sharp Order

Human female hairstyle
    1. Casual Layer
    2. Straight Long
    3. Ponytail 2

Human female costume
    1. Naver Quartz
    2. Wiola Magika
    3. Equestio

Newman male hairstyle
    1. Casual Layer
    2. Short Wolf
    3. Sharp Straight

Newman male costume
    1. Sensius coat
    2. Weizkroon
    3. Lebenshilt

Newman female hairstyle
    1. Casual Layer
    2. Straight Long
    3. Ponytail 1

Newman female costume
    1. Wiola Magika
    2. Naver Quartz
    3. Feeling Robe

For casts, this gets a bit weird. For male casts, the head parts seemed to have been more popular than a fleshie face so only head parts are listed. Female casts have hairstyles listed.

Cast male head parts
    1. Ronia Head
    2. Dista Head
    3. Fauma Head

Cast male body parts
    1. Dista Body + Dista Legs + Dista Arms
    2. Ronia Body + Ronia Legs + Ronia Arms
    3. Fauma Body + Fauma Legs + Fauma Arms

Cast female hairstyle
    1. Casual Layer
    2. Ponytail 1
    3. Ponytail 2

Cast female body parts
    1. Deal Body + Deal Legs + Deal Arms
    2. Deal Body + Deal Legs + Rose Arms
    3. Vanen Body + Deal Legs + Deal Arms

Level Info

Here we have the level / class spread. Red is hunters, blue is rangers, and yellow is forces. On the right is some time attack stats. The top bit is the shortest amount of time to hit level 20 while the bottom is the average time to hit level 20. Hunter, ranger, force from top to bottom.

Quest Info

Here we have the entire set of quests from the alpha and the respectives total number of attempts, success rate, and death rate. The death rate is the percentage of how many times a member of your party would die per times of quests accepted. The quest names are (in the same order as this chart):
    • Slay the Zaurdans
    • Capture the Nav Rappies
    • Forest Exploration
    • Defeat the Dagans: Forest
    • Dragonite Ecology
    • Volcanic Caves Exploration
    • Darker Investigation: Forest
    • Defeat the Briarda
    • Slay the Catadoran

The mission that a lot of people had problems with was obviously the one where you had to destroy the Beize (big bomb thing).

If you did a lot of missions on Navelius, you might have seen the pilot of the ship that occasionally droped off supplies crashed. His name is Dinal and he crashed 60,620 times but was only succesfully defended about 36% of the time. After that Dinal would crash again about 52% of the time during which he was only succefully defended 49% of the time.

Items

Spoiler!

So here are the items that were the rarest things in the alpha. The picture above also listes the total number of the item dropped and its drop rate.
    1. Piler (Rod)
    2. Tarnada (sword)
    3. Cote Edge (sword)
    4. Rear/Carbarrier Wing (rear unit)
    5. Sub/Blow Resist Gamma (sub unit)
    6. Clarita Vistas (rod)
    7. Leg/Heragrind (leg unit)
    8. Full Cylinder (rifle)
    9. Arm/Carbarrier Tole (arm unit)
    10. Rear/Herasutra (rear unit)

A total of near 2.5 billion meseta was spent during the alpha period. Most of it looks to have been spent on weapon grinding.

Here are the three best selling room items. In first place is the "Mystery Egg." In second, we have the simply named "Planter." In third is the "Wash Ing Machine."

Inquiry & BBS Info

Next up is info on what people asked or told Sega about.

This is the graph of the opinions and requests sent to Sega. I'll get to the explanation of it in just a bit.

This is the graph of bugs submitted to Sega. There were a total of 7386 bug reports and 29,876 opinions. The entries on both of these graphs are as follows.
    • Controls/System
    • My Room/My Shop
    • Quests
    • PC requirements/Settings
    • Characters/Growth/Battle
    • Enemies
    • Install/Launcher
    • Item/Meseta
    • Weapons & Equipment
    • Log-in related
    • Lobby
    • Title Screen
    • Official Site
    • Sega ID
    • Others

There were a lot of opinions that there should be more options for the character creater and a fair number regarding techs. There were also a lot of problems and bugs with the My Room system that a lot of the submitted bug reports dealt with. There were also problems with starting or joining quests but it seems to be mostly player-side problems.

Here are the stats for the official message boards. There were a total of 26,534 posts on the official boards made by just 10% of the player base. This graph is of the various boards and the number of posts each had. The boards are:
    • Control/Battle
    • Chat/Communication
    • Title/Character Creation
    • Weapons/Clothes/Items
    • Quest/Player Growth
    • PC Specs
    • Before starting the game
    • My Room/My Shop
    • Lobby/Shops

Questionaire Info

Finally, here's the info on the questionaire results. A total of 23,827 people submitted response to the questionaire.

The left graph is about deals with testers of the first alpha. Blue is for new testers, green is for testers who participated in the first alpha. The graph on the right is the percentages of those who were able to start the game. Blue is for people who were able to play without any problems. Red is for people who could log on but only play by themselves. Green is for people who were able to download the game but unable to start the client. Grey is for people who weren't able to even download the game.

This next graph is on controls. The blue represents people who played with a keyboard & mouse. The green is for those who used a gamepad while only used the keyboard to chat. The grey is for people who used both a gamepad and keyboard to operate the game.

Here we have the 5 point scoring system. 5 is the best and 1 is the worst. The categories are:
    • Character creation
    • Game Install & Launcher
    • Character, enemy, and environment graphics
    • Title sequence
    • Music
    • Animation
    • Effects
    • Controls
    • Enemy AI
    • Balance
    • Quests
    • My Room
    • My Shop
    • Communication
    • User Interface
    • Overall

Tallied up, the second alpha scored overall better than the first alpha. In individual categories, the only place where the second alpha did worse than the first alpha was in the Music category. Music had an average rating of 3.91 out of 5 in the first alpha but a 3.79 out of 5 in the second alpha.

Finally, we have the things people want Sega to work on. The list on the right is:
    • Increase weapon categories
    • More PAs and skills
    • More detailed character creation
    • Better character actions
    • Something to raise (like a pet) besides your character (Mags, I'm looking at you)
    • More & better ways to play with more people at once
    • More immersion and story
    • More weapons (As opposed to weapon categories)
    • Something to do outside of combat
    • Better communication options
    • Better enemies
    • Better graphics
    • PVP
    • More My Room functions

Upcoming / Blog
    Lastly a bit on what's going to be happening in March regarding PSO2. First up, there's going to a list of responses to the requests and opinions made by players posted on the site sometime in March. This is will likely be similar to what happened after the end of the first alpha. Hopefully this time will not include a delay. Also, according to the official blog, we'll be hearing about the closed beta sometime in March too.

Also on the blog is something we really don't hear much about: PSO2's story. Apparently player characters in addition to the story characters will be voiced during the story.

The design pics for the RAnewearl were also posted, as you can see. There'll be one more blog entry up this week too so look for it on Thursday or Friday.
    Last edited by Mike; Feb 27, 2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: I think that's it.

Oh wow that's a giant mass of data....Far more then i was expecting with all those pretty charts and graphs :3
    rawr! =^~^=

So half of the person who got invited, aren't even log in >,<;

lol, 3/4 of PSO2 world consist of females... xD
    Last edited by Arika; Feb 27, 2012 at 03:24 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    So half of the person who got invited, aren't even log in >,<;
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    • In total, 70,000 people were selected to play but only 50,811 actually did.
    About 73% of the people invited logged in at some point.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

I wonder how many used the multiparty features.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

I meant per day. by that chart, only about little less than half of the invited users online per day.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

The pso2 offical blog has been updated with the ALPHA 2 test result.... if google translate is right it looks like "closed BETA" starts mid-March?

http://translate.google.com/translat...sega-psblog%2F

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfThornz View Post
    if google translate is right it looks like "closed BETA" starts mid-March?
    No. There will be info on the closed Beta test sometime in March.

The Greek symbol, "γ" is "Gamma."
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    The Greek symbol, "γ" is "Gamma."
    Thank you for that info.