Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default various questions for a2 testers

Unfortunately I didn't get into the alpha, so I was hoping some of you could know the answers to some basic questions.

1. Are there class bonuses like PSO? I'm thinking specifically of tech boosts for certain force classes. FOnewm used to get a boost on Gi or Ra techs or something, FOmar had a shifta/deband boost, FOneweral had a simple tech bonus I think...

2. Do casts still have traps?

3. In PSO techs could be assigned to the number keys. In PSU they were linked to weapons. In the gameplay videos I see a bar along the bottom that resembles the one in PSO, but the way it's divided up sort of gave me the impression that techs / PAs are bound to weapons. How's it work?

4. What's the dodge move I keep seeing?

5. Do they classes seem balanced well?

I hope I can get into the Beta.
    My Japanese is pretty good, so if there are any translation projects in the works look me up. Granted, I don't have the client.

3. You can put techs on the bar; they aren't linked to your weapon.

4. Double tap a movement key to gtfo when something wants to punch you in the face.

5. I've only played force, but I can say that I don't feel underpowered or inefficient at all thus far.

3. That's the best news I've heard yet.

4. Can you cancel out of techs to gtfo? lol

5. That's basically what I was thinking about. I'm glad to hear that too.

Thanks for your input.

Dodge seems to take priority over other animations. No matter what I was doing at the time, I never had an issue dodging when I needed it.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

I also have a question.. about the spawn for pso 2. Is it finally Random and not set? like challenge mode on pso1 was random but the main game was always set. How does this game handle replay value when it comes to this stuff?? please let me know!
    The Creator of Syncesta!

1 + 2. I think both are rather unknown or nonexistent in the Alpha.

3. That also means you can cast with any weapon, not just rods.

4. I don't care about the dash, haven't tried rolling yet, but the mirage escape was amazing.

4b. Yes you can interupt attacks and techs to GTFO.

5. I've used hunter and force so far. They both feel really solid. Hunter doesn't feel like the only class worth using for now. Force is so fun now with charge techs.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCannon View Post
    I also have a question.. about the spawn for pso 2. Is it finally Random and not set? like challenge mode on pso1 was random but the main game was always set. How does this game handle replay value when it comes to this stuff?? please let me know!
    Spawn is extremely random since random events and random map layouts exist everywhere. Enemies even respawn if you backtrack. The only semi-scripted spawns are for quests, even then it doesn't seem to apply to non quest enemies that also spawn with them.
    Last edited by Zaix; Jan 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: answers
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

@DoubleCannon: I didn't pay attention to this specifically, but in my forest wanderings, I can say that I never managed to recognize where I was or what was coming next.

But given my memory, that doesn't mean much, lol.

EDIT: Actually, I can think of one concrete example. I failed my first arrest quest and had to do it again, and I expected more wolves than actually showed up. The only thing I remember being explicitly the same was the rappies at the end, which fits with what Zaix said.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

very nice. i figured with quests there is going to be the obvious always the same ending kinda since its a quest. since there is free play i was unsure how that would be but random layouts and spawns makes me a happy person. and the special sudden cut in quests i wasnt sure how random they are like if you get 2 attack ones would same number of same enemies would show up or if its completely different each time.
    The Creator of Syncesta!

To clarify #3

You can equip spells to the hotkeys 1 ~ 0, and cast them with any weapon equipped. Using a rod it seems techs combo more fluidly though.

You can also equip spells to your weapons, PSU style. (Left , Right, Shift + Left , Shift + Right)

As for #4 apparently using the guard action that certain weapons permit (wired lance and sword) cancels the animation faster than dodging, but dodge is just too useful to want to block. Atleast, against any of the bosses/mobs available in the alpha.

5. FO has a rough start, like die in 2 hits rough but it evens out. Razonde is kinda sucky but cool to look at , and HU's wired lance makes their other weapons practically useless, it's rather OP'd, Sword is arguably better when you have a full bar so you can charge super fast but that actually requires you to fill the bar up where as the wired lance is always good and doesn't require any maintenance like the sword.

and for ^

Interrupt events happen very frequently, almost a little too frequently, they always follow the same formula too. Exterminate(?) will always have you sealed into a small room until you kill everything for example.

Maybe i have bad luck but i swear i've been to the same forest map several times, i think there's a very small number of maps to choose from, it's not really randomly generated. I'm sure the selection will be bigger in full release though.

Random maps and spawns are going to make the mechanics of hunting a specific rare different eh? Both pros and cons I suppose, but I'd say I cautiously I'm in favorof it.