View Poll Results: How do you feel about PSO2 coming to Vita?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy to see PSO2 coming to Vita!

67 41.88%
  • PSO2 should stay PC-only!

30 18.75%
  • I don't care either way.

44 27.50%
  • I am currently undecided...

19 11.88%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Red face do not want

This takes valuable dev time from pc version.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    This takes valuable dev time from pc version.
    It's being developed by a different team. No delays.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Only 5 people out of 27 feel that it should've stayed PC only is a lot lower than I expected.
    Last edited by r00tabaga; Mar 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

The only reason people wanted it "PC ONLY" is because of updating and segregation issues.

But obviously that's not a problem on the Vita or at least that's the plan. Otherwise it'd still be "PC ONRY."

If it was possible for this game to be on even XBOX without it ruining those two things I'm sure people would welcome it.

Cept for Japanese players.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Should have stayed PC-only. All they're doing is wasting precious ressources on a product that, IMO, will bomb.

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

see does anyone remember when what came on the disc was enough to provide a satisfactory gaming experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven5_1 View Post
    see does anyone remember when what came on the disc was enough to provide a satisfactory gaming experience?
    For online games? No, I don't remember that.

I voted not caring either way. Really, that comes with the caveat that, I don't care as long as the Vita version doesn't adversely affect the main game (the one on the PC). No, the blog post or whatever it was didn't really reassure me much. It said they're aware of people's concerns and gave some vague replies to them, but there was zero in the way of concrete information on how updates would be handled with the Vita's memory options or how partying between platforms would work, if added latency would or wouldn't be an issue, or, if their tests don't pan out, how they plan to avoid the pitfalls of supporting two potentially entirely disparate communities.

Sadly, in order to avoid being shouted down as a "negative nancy" or "ye of little faith", I must add this disclaimer: I am not saying I hate the Vita (although they'd have to address the issues of poor battery life, a yawn-inducing library of games, and drop the price a bit before I'd consider picking one up). I don't care about console vs. PC "debates". I'm just expressing concerns. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    Should have stayed PC-only. All they're doing is wasting precious ressources on a product that, IMO, will bomb.
    It has a much better chance of bombing if it stays PC-only. PSO is a console game and Vita is a great fit IMO.

I plan on getting PSO2 on Vita day 1, because I'm a sucker for PSO. Games on Vita get patches like any other console so all the worry's are overblown. If it lags/slows down PC players they will separate the servers. No need to worry. More people playing PSO means more prompt updates and more content. A win for everyone

As of right now I'm undecided. If it ends up working out where Vita and PC play together, same server and everything, where I can play the same character on my pc when I'm home and my vita while I'm elsewhere, then I love the idea. However, if its split...then ill be very sad, and it won't be a good thing for us players.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Part of me loves the idea of such a big game coming to a portable console, and one that actually could handle a good deal of it.

The other part has this idea that it has a huge potential to hurt SEGA in terms of updates. It's not generally as simple as adding something and it works for everybody. We've already seen examples all through PSU where an update or fix screwed up something on one platform, requiring fixes that would or would not get fixed any time soon. Then a major drag of updates partially due to these cross-plaform issues. Even when different teams work on them, you still have a source team adding content and then the other team that has to add it in and make it work the same.

Big note that in Sonic Team's case, adding more platforms does not mean better longevity of the game. In fact, PSU's lack of updates is the reason it especially failed on the PC platform.

PC users want their timely updates, and they have other places to go. Anything that gets in the way of that is within the top 2 fouls any online game system can pull to get customers to leave. So yes, in terms of importance, good/quick/timely updates is of Paramount importance. It was the basis of my warning I gave the moment they said it was PC only before. The prime thing they need if they want it to survive there.

Vita owners, on the other hand, will eat it up and be likely to accept when the updates completely fall off. All due to lack of competition on the system. (Especially since they can't play their PSP2 or PSP2 infinity on it) And I'm almost willing to bet Sega will take the easy way out and keep them separate for that very reason.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Mar 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM.