Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck on DEZO

The deban shield doesn't stack (I don't believe). But any kind of tech that boosts (or lowers) a character's statistic seems to definitely stack and not wear off until the fight is over. I didn't figure that out right away either. Did you give each char an amber robe / crescegear / aegis shield / truth sleeves to keep in their inventory? Each of those acts as a Gires spell when used in battle.

Indeed, do not let opinion sway you. I bet you will enjoy PSIII thoroughly based on how you grinded at PSII without a hintbook. The fights are more frequent. The character/monster battle animation is extremely limited. But the game is still absolutely fun. The generations thing is a twist that you will probably like and it basically causes you to want to replay as different main chars. The battle magic is a little disappointing from your char's point of view. Your weapons are soooo much better. If you want to replay as different 2nd and 3rd generation chars, just start saving in the other slot when Rhys (your first char) nears the end of his quest. Though the 3rd gen quests are nearly identical, you just come at them from a different angle.

It really doesn't matter which you play first. Just be prepared: PS4 has a few things I'll leave you to discover that are definitely advancements in gaming (at the time). So I hope it doesn't put a downer on PS3 afterwards. It shouldn't. Both are great games. (Actually, PS3 is a continuation of the story. There will be a reference to it late in the game that fills you in on why your characters are in the world they are in.)

I was referring to Disciples 3 ... a pc turn-based strategy game. If you like those: that series is WELL worth your time. D1 was legengary and D2 awesome. There were criticisms of D3 (and I can see why). It came in pieces (different factions) and they are a tad buggy. The battle switched to a movement based style. I still enjoyed it though. The Heroes of Might & Magic series is another legendary turn-based strategy series if you like battling armies.

I hope I didn't overload you on text here. I have summers off and I have always enjoyed gaming both on pc and on genesis. Have a great day

I think you guys might like this link I will post. It leads to an older Phantasy Star site that has guides on the first four games along with other things. This site is what got me deeper into the series.
    http://www.phantasy-star.net/index.html

Thanks man! I will check that site out.

Quote Originally Posted by voodlar View Post
    The deban shield doesn't stack (I don't believe). But any kind of tech that boosts (or lowers) a character's statistic seems to definitely stack and not wear off until the fight is over. I didn't figure that out right away either. Did you give each char an amber robe / crescegear / aegis shield / truth sleeves to keep in their inventory? Each of those acts as a Gires spell when used in battle.
    This would have saved me soooooo much meseta and trips back to town for dimate had I known this early in the game.

Great recommendation for PSIII, I am more intrigued now and am more prone to do things in order anyway. I am pumped to do this, however have to finish working on FF X. I am pretty steady but it takes a long time as my only gaming time is 5-7 am with an espresso. Worse, I often turn 40 hour games into 80 cause I'd rather explore and figure out rather than speed through with a FAQ.

Will check out Disciples some time in the future, and please type away . . . great conversation.
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

Quote Originally Posted by DJX25968 View Post
    I think you guys might like this link I will post. It leads to an older Phantasy Star site that has guides on the first four games along with other things. This site is what got me deeper into the series.
    http://www.phantasy-star.net/index.html
    Beauty site, definitely have referenced it in the past and will use it again!
    Last edited by captainhappy; Jul 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

I have been to that site before. It's definitely cool. I like the combo list for PS4. I think I figured out 9 or 10 of them myself. The others, first I've heard of them.

@Catpainhappy

Sounds to me like you're genuinely "having fun" playing the game. I'd give anything for a new game to do that for me. I see too much polished eye candy with challenges removed or beaten by rush/cheat patterns, glitches, cash-shops for better gear, etc. but I am of course generalizing. Everyone enjoys their own thing and my style may be a bit different from others'.

Try not to use the site too much for PS3. You won't need it. Even the dungeons will seem gentle after PS2. If you enjoy repetitious fighting; you will love this one. (The fights don't take very long.) Plus there are 4 zones for creatures: a left / right foreground and background for bigger ones. I think you can have a max of 10 monsters at once!

Disciples is a turn-based series like HeroesofM&M for the pc. I enjoy those because sadly, real time action skills are starting to leave me behind. So are the 16+ button controllers!!! If you are playing Phantasy Star on a Genesis: and want something unique in the future: look for the cartrige Warsong. I picked it up in a used game store for $5. It is a one of a kind gem! Replayed it over 30 times! It actually caused me to buy a megadrive adaptor and its sequel which was never released in the US. Wow was its sequel (Langrisser II) awesome! Mostly in Japanese but numbers are Arabic and the internet can help with that.

Hope you enjoy PS3 and PS4. I think you will be in for a couple years of entertainment!