Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default 3/30 Blog: New Beta Stuff

The official blog was updated tonight with stuff on the beta. A video was also released. It looks like the same video that was played during the second media briefing. The explanations of some of the new stuff will come below the video. In some good news though, you will be able to change type in the closed beta.

Shop Area

Techer (or Tekker I suppose)

SPECIAL WEAPONs are back. However, any weapon, including not so rare weapons, can appear as SPECIAL WEAPONs. By taking these to a techer and having it appraised you are allowed to pick the element you'd like on the weapon and one special ability. One additional special effect will then be added to the weapon at random.

Beauty Shop

The Beauty Shop will allow you to edit your character again. However, certain aspects of the beauty shop will use Arks Cash. In the video, you can see the red A marking Arks Cash on teh body type and body morphing options.

Costume Shop

A shop to purchase costumes with meseta will be in the shop area too. When you go to buy a costume or part, a window will show you a preview of how it will look on your character. There is also no need to go to any kind of dressing room in PSO2. You can change your parts or costume on the fly.

Gate Area

Team Counter

A Team counter has been added to the gate area. You can put together a team here. However you must be at least level 10 to start a team. Your team can have up to 100 members and you can even register a website in-game. Additionally, there is a team chat function so you can chat with other members of your team from anywhere. Teams will use symbol art (more on that in a bit) as flags.

Like PSOBB, the team flag and team name will show up above your character name when you are a member of one.

Title Counter

Much like the various handheld versions (and later PSU too, I think), PSO2 features titles. These titles can be earned by doing various things and all have rewards. In the screenshot above, the title "You are not alone" can be earned by joining a team and nets you a star atomizer as a reward.

You can also pick a title to display above your character name. The titles here, btw, are "Knows Echo" (that's an NPC), "New Arks," "Likes Talking," and no-title.

Medical Center

The medical center will act like Sayo did in PSP2/i. By purchasing an drink with meseta (and only meseta), you gain a one-mission only special effect. In PSP2/i these were things like using less PP, boosted attack power, boosted defense power, and boosted drop rate. In PSO2, you can choose what particular type of boost you want but the results may be random.

Communication

My Room

The number of decorations and variations for players rooms has been increased for the closed beta. There are shelves and tables that items can be placed on and games and other items that can be interacted with. A shopping counter has also been added allowing you to not only purchase items from the visiphone but from player rooms as well. You will need to spend AC to have a room but going to other player's rooms is free.

Symbol Art

Symbol art is the evolved version of symbol chat from PSO. You can put together symbol art from a selection of over 300 parts and can use up to 200 parts at a single time. You can also assign each creation a sound effect. Expect PSO sounds.

Arks Card

The Arks Card is the guild card/partner card of PSO2. There are several things players can add to their cards including a wishlist and symbol art.

Friend Partner

The Friend Partner system works like PSP2i friend character system did. By having friends register as partners, you can use your friend's characters as NPC during missions. Any auto-words set by your friends will be used when their characters are used as NPCs too. When you register as a partner, you can select from several different attack types, AI types, and specials.
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 30, 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: new info

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Augh, you DO need to spend money to have a room?

Uncool.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Thanks for the info, drinking sounds quite similar to how eating was in Monster Hunter Tri. I don't mind spending money on having a room at all, especially if it would keep out bots, etc.
    "It's like the classic debate about why measuring the position of an electron changes its momentum and vice versa. The only correct answer is to get drunk and set fire to things."
    -Ross Scott

AC to buy room, yeah better be permanent option because a ticket system would just mean I wouldn't bother.

Most the other stuff we suspected from the trailer to begin with, not so surprised at all of it but good to hear the beauty shop is mesta + cashshop addons, changing costumes on the fly is pretty neat though (wonders if it'll work in the field though).

Why would you needa room to bot-What? NO D< WHAT?

What are you gonna spam meseta selling websites in your room?

I SHOULD HIT YOU!

But seriously? We better not have virtual rent.

Quote Originally Posted by rezakon View Post
    Most the other stuff we suspected from the trailer to begin with, not so surprised at all of it but good to hear the beauty shop is mesta + cashshop addons, changing costumes on the fly is pretty neat though (wonders if it'll work in the field though).
    Well, all this stuff was announced before. The descriptions of which is new.

so the using real friends as NPCs.. is there any confirmation if it only works for when they're offline like i think it does or does it include being able to bring along a friends character they arent on?

aside from that, im really liking where this game is going mostly

So we should be able to just strip in the lobbies now? :0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well, all this stuff was announced before. The descriptions of which is new.
    Yeah I didn't know about some of it, took a break for a good while

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    So we should be able to just strip in the lobbies now? :0
    I can see the lolicon madness now

I thought it was bad before, it's just gonna be chaos now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Why would you needa room to bot-What? NO D< WHAT?

What are you gonna spam meseta selling websites in your room?

I SHOULD HIT YOU!

But seriously? We better not have virtual rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    As for cheaters, bots, gold sellers, and other nasty types, the blog says that because some of the communication abilities are locked to players who don't purchase system related items, they'll be able to keep a handle on the situation. And of course, bans and stuff will be handed out as needed.

This was basically what I was thinking. If I am wrong then I must have just misunderstood something.
    "It's like the classic debate about why measuring the position of an electron changes its momentum and vice versa. The only correct answer is to get drunk and set fire to things."
    -Ross Scott