Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I'm going to ask permission first. If all's good then I'll put the link on the information board to gather attention. This could be a very useful tool.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

I'd just like to note that the next event is tomorrow and will last all day. The occasion being: tomorrow is the first anniversary of the original Phantasy Star Zero Revival. I'm not sure if many games will be played, but I just hope everyone will be able to check in and say happy birthday.

And I suppose to celebrate, we'll be working setting up Skype or a Chatroom for us really soon. We may already have a chatroom available as seen in the last couple of posts, but we're just waiting for the word from Chaos.

~Art by Daggart~

Fragger Extraordinaire

Talking Hello

I just ordered this game. I have never played it. Looking forward to giving it a go.

I normally play PSO on Sega Dreamcast. There is only 5 or 6 regular players and I think we still manage to have an active and fun community. In spite of our low numbers, there are still daily games. kind of exciting

Anyway, I think this revival is kind of funny because it seems pretty populated to me. Much more populated than what I am currently considering to be a wonderful and active community. So, don't get discouraged. You are doing just fine!

And, you will have one more player when:
    A) my game arrives, and
    B) I spam 9 messages somewhere on the site to meet access requirements

This game is pretty similar to PSO in my opinion. I once referred to it as "Phantasy Star Online Easy Mode," but it's only easy after you figure the game out :P

And yeah, despite the name, we do have quite a few active (or hopefully active) players remaining. We've got around 6 people in the chatroom every night, and there are some players who play but don't check in all too often. Not to be discouraging, but the number of members will drop a little very soon.

The best games are always the ones that have only a handful of daily players huh? Small communities are awesome where everyone knows everyone.

~Art by Daggart~

Fragger Extraordinaire

Hearing that this game was similar to PSO on the DC was my number 1 reason for checking it out. I've checked out some psz vids on YouTube, and it did look like the PSO that I know and adore
    There are no lobbies in the game, Correct? That would be weird for me, as hanging out in the lobby is a fun part of the game imo

And yes. Quality over quantity, always

Well, the best I can explain online mode is like this:

-Select Nintendo WFC from the character's menu. (Keep in mind you need an Unencrypted or WEP encrypted router to connect to WFC. Private connections tend to work better).

-When you log on, you're greeted with 3 options. Play with Friends, Free Play, or Play Alone.

--Play with Friends is as close to a lobby as we're going to get. You get two options from here, being "Join Party" or "Form Party." When you select Form, other people (only those on your friend roster) will be able to join your party. When people join, you'll be able to chat with them using the touchscreen. (This game doesn't use a soft keyboard; you need to write everything out just like Pictochat or Swapnote). Once you press A to start, the party is "Set" and unlike in PSO, nobody else can join you. If you want to play with others, you need to quit and reform the party. Join party allows you to see who is online, who is forming a party, and who is already in a party/run. Yeah, this game got Nintendo'd hard.

--Free Play is a random matchup based on whatever options you specify. You get a list of 19 preset phrases that you get to use. Once the run is over, there's nothing left to do other than disconnect. Yeah, this game got Nintendo'd hard.

--Play Alone is just as the name implies. Only this time, you get a 25% bonus to your drop rates, and the enemies are harder than offline.

I recommend clearing Story Mode before logging on since the enemies are way too hard even on Normal Mode.

~Art by Daggart~

Fragger Extraordinaire

Hmm, all of that kind of sounds like a bummer! ( L0L, Nintendo'd hard)

Part of the fun of the game is having people randomly join your team mid game. You never really know what you're going to get. I am kind of bummed that this isn't possible with psz...

Nintendo did a pretty decent job with PSO ep2, don't be so harsh on 'em.

Edit:
    The game has now arrived! But I can't find a "friend code" anywhere in/on the package. Is this something that is only accessible within the software?

Edit2:
    Played the game, love it. It's very psoish, just cuter :P
    Still haven't figured out the online stuff. The ds asked me to downgrade security to wep
    Anyway, FaithY is now level 4 and loving' it!
    Last edited by FaithY; May 5, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

I was directed to this group for looking for active people to play with, so i'll throw my hat into the ring. I am an expert player, but rarely ever go online, so forgive my strange tendencies at first.

PSO-World account: argh4430
    Friend Code:2752 6806 8211
    DS Username: Casey
    Preferrable Difficulties: Hard or Super, but I can do Normal as well.
    Time Zone:Eastern time zone, U.S.

Character 1: Relena, FOmarl, LV99
    Character 2: Fortuna, HUnewearl, LV45
    Character 3: Deano, RAcast, LV1

I'll be down to play anytime this week so just let me know.

PSO-World account: Rath-Kun
    Friend Code:3524 2142 8715
    DS Username: Rath
    Preferrable Difficulties: Super for Rath, but I'll play anything.
    Time Zone: PST, Pacific Time

Character 1: Rath, HUmar Lv85
    Character 2: Kaiser, RAcast Lv32
    Character 3: Marle, FOmarl Lv 18

Gib.

num_pad dumbpad pad c u Harlocke's Avatar

Time to get back into business.

PSO-World account: Harlocke
    Friend Code: 3869 1221 2218
    DS Username: Harlocke
    Preferrable Difficulties: Supah Hawd
    Time Zone: EST

Character 1: Harlocke ⚫ Lv. 93
    Character 2: N/A
    Character 3: N/A
    Last edited by Harlocke; May 16, 2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Forgot character level. Derp.
    Some dreams come true

While others are cast side