Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Katakana is incredibly easy to learn. Make yourself some flashcards and get to it!
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    What I did personally:

Go to www.realkana.com then click the hiragana tab and uncheck the first box, then go to the katakana tab and you'll see the first box is checked also, thats the 5 to pracctice. Look at them for a few minutes memorizing the 5 then go practice. Keep on it for 5 or so minutes until you never miss any. Then go back to the katakana and unclick the first box and click the second one. Repeat. Then try doing the first+second boxes, or any combination until you can do all boxes together. I learned katakana in only hours this way.
    Yo, if I'm not half as dumb as I think I am; I just might be able to do this. Thanks so much for such a big tip, priest.

It's probably not going to be much of a problem identifying weapons and items this time around, as they all have their own unique visual icon. Not like PSP2/i where the only icons you got where "this is a sword, this is a gun" etc., but actual visual icons for everything, so you can identify by sight only if you need to. Maybe not when picking anything up, but thanks to these icons, you won't be wondering what you actually have in your weapon inventory for long.

Wouldn't hurt to learn a few kanji too tbh. Mainly the base stats and a few basic terms. As others have stated, all you'd really miss out on is the plot.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

I know next to no japanese at all. I've got a level 156 on psu and have been playing since Japanese launch on 360. Very easy the games just not that complex. The only issue is you have to type item names in Japanese to search for them even though psu has a english version Gets annoying. I'd say you'd at least wanna pick up the basic of typing words in Japanese. Will take you about a weekend to learn the katakana and hiragana alphabets.

Katakana = Can you sound our a word?

If you think the word sounds like a word you might know...9 times out of 10 it is. There are some exceptions were a few words may as very similar.

モノメイト "mo-no-me-i-to" *clicks button* "Woah it heals me and stuff"
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

Made a translation sheet for some of the items if anyone needs it

https://sheet.zoho.com/public/tellet...ms-1?mode=html

What the heck is a moonrune?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    What the heck is a moonrune?
    Not sure if this is serious, but it's a term people use to refer to Japanese writing, e.g. hiragana, katakana, and kanji. It's not technically accurate in any sense since neither Japanese nor Chinese characters are actually runes. However, it's generally used for the sake of amusement and isn't meant to be taken seriously.