Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

I really like the flow of battles in this game. The emergency quests and random attacks during quests really add to the immersion factor. However, I too echo the sentiment of "too many menus."
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    The basic PAs need to have the stat requirements lowered a little I think - being a level 1 ranger/hunter and not being able to use any PAs besides the basic gunslash one is kind of silly (Newearl).

Only complaint so far, though.

All the throwbacks to PSO are enjoyable though, like the load screen for area movement... pipe with little sprite in it.
    That sounds like a normal RPG to me. Start at Lv 1 with one ability, and level up to gain more abilities.

Protect the Universal! CapitalG's Avatar

I've only made it through the tutorial but I'm not having many problems so far. I'm digging the gunslash more than I thought I would. Only a slight amount of lag for me when hitting boxes, but other than that it's going well. Just need to get used to navigating the ship. I don't think I know where the item shop is. I looked at the storage, though, and I think 200 slots are plenty for free storage. Now, I'm not sure how much stuff is going to need to be stored, but that seems like a lot.

I really like it, not going to lie.
    I'm sure if anything though I'd enjoy this game more if I played using a gamepad.
    Putting that aside, I really, really enjoyed seeing some old and familiar faces.

It seems you can make your character silent in this game. Nice for those who didn't like voices in PSU.

Charged Rabarta -> Gunblade PA -> air melee comboing (or repeated shooting). A fun way to juggle enemies.

I love the flow of combat in this game. You can set up some pretty cool combos.

I don't even know as the game just close on me the moment I hit start.

well hasnt played it but what i hear is more worried on the arcs cash system basicing haveing to pay for basic thigns in game. they should make that one time payment for upgrade accounti heard they have include storage upgrade and myroom. like a very very basic myroom. hopfully on feedback option alot of people complain on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaton View Post
    well hasnt played it but what i hear is more worried on the arcs cash system basicing haveing to pay for basic thigns in game. they should make that one time payment for upgrade accounti heard they have include storage upgrade and myroom. like a very very basic myroom. hopfully on feedback option alot of people complain on that stuff.
    It's really not that bad of a system. Storage upgrade and myroom don't seem like they are needed and one character has all three classes. Besides not being able to trade free players seem to be able to play just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinketsu View Post
    That sounds like a normal RPG to me. Start at Lv 1 with one ability, and level up to gain more abilities.
    Actually, it's more like start with zero abilities. I don't even know if you'd technically qualify for the first gunslash PA if you didn't start knowing it - their stats are that low.

All that aside, I played a bit with the classes after hitting level 2 with em, and it's much better, now that I can actually DO THINGs. The launchers are awesome - slow firing, but they'll hit everything, and the basic PA from the shop lets you launch everything in the blast into the air so you can pound em some more.

Wired lances are a full-fledged weapon type, rather than some random tool. The basic combo hits a massive area, so they're probably the best choice for crowd control, though the basic PA is a much tinier area (but it's fun to pick up and throw rappies into enemies).

Partisans are basically what you'd expect, and swords feel similar to PSU. Launching enemies airborne then jumping after and going Tempest on them (For any Tales fans, you know what I mean) is enjoyable, but you can't link the airspin into itself without landing first, which is annoying.
    Last edited by Randomness; Apr 20, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Coming Soon!