Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards.

Default Cards.

Are fun.

You can actually do crazy things like have barta shoot across in front of you from the side!

For the most part, I'd use the normal view when trying to make linear shots come out in some direction - you can move the way you want the shot to go while keeping the camera on the enemies.

On the other hand, if you feel like pulling GIANT ZONDE DEATH FIELD, you'll need to go over the shoulder so you can aim it up. Go too high and... it won't reach the ground, at least the low level one won't (and it needs charging... but I can easily land three charged zaps on one toss).

I haven't tried how it interacts with lock on in normal view yet.

Also, it does respectable damage so far with the normal attack, and seems to have a small impact radius or something. Much safer to use a card when refilling PP I think.

Overall, thoroughly enjoying the cards after my first hour.
    Coming Soon!

I agree. Cards are dope. Though the only bad thing is that you can't move when using them. The power on them aren't too far off from the Rods either. Do you know if you can release more than one technic on the same thrown card? or is it only one per toss?

If you're fast enough, you can get two technics off of one card. You have to be fast though, once the Card is stuck it has like 5 seconds or something and then it disappears. If it disappears while you're charging the Charged Technic goes back to where you are and works like a Rod.

Honestly, I don't see anything about Cards that makes Rods better, unless later on Rods have significantly better damage output. The combo speed is about the same on the basic attack, except long ranged, and you can cause technics to start from just about anywhere you want, while Rods limit it to where you are.

You can get three uncharged techs off before the card disappears. ^_^ Managed to do a "Triblaster-esque" combo of Razonde, Gibarta and Gifoie once before, but couldn't get all three charged. Usually the first is the easiest to cast in a charged state.

So far, I think I'm in love with cards. They do take a lot of concentration to time though, and they are less useful at close range. To be fair, you shouldn't be doing CQC as a force, and you can still cast spells normally anyway, so bust out that Gifoie/Gibarta if things start getting a little hot.

Also, not sure if people have noticed but it seems to me like the techs you can cast from cards aren't limited to your linked techs - I think I managed to cast from the sub-palette as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    You can get three uncharged techs off before the card disappears. ^_^ Managed to do a "Triblaster-esque" combo of Razonde, Gibarta and Gifoie once before, but couldn't get all three charged. Usually the first is the easiest to cast in a charged state.

So far, I think I'm in love with cards. They do take a lot of concentration to time though, and they are less useful at close range. To be fair, you shouldn't be doing CQC as a force, and you can still cast spells normally anyway, so bust out that Gifoie/Gibarta if things start getting a little hot.

Also, not sure if people have noticed but it seems to me like the techs you can cast from cards aren't limited to your linked techs - I think I managed to cast from the sub-palette as well.
    I've landed three charged techs before, actually. Barely.
    Coming Soon!

You can do three charged rabartas without too much trouble.

I'm thinking rods may need a serious buff, because cards currently are so good.

Update on targeting when in over the shoulder: If you're looking at an enemy and use a linear tech, it will shoot at the enemy for you. May just aim at the spot your cursor is point at, which would be great.
    Coming Soon!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

It takes a little getting used to, but once you start getting good with directional targeting using cards, it opens up some new battle strategies for your techs/evasion maneuvers.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    It takes a little getting used to, but once you start getting good with directional targeting using cards, it opens up some new battle strategies for your techs/evasion maneuvers.
    Put it this way - throwing the card into the mob of enemies and letting loose with gibarta or something is already a vast improvement over casting it on yourself. But yeah, lots of options on it. I'm going to try ranger later, but I can easily see myself focusing on force JUST for cards.
    Coming Soon!

Cards aren't much use for Zonde, since it's already a hax ion cannon already, but I'm pretty sure the other linear techs will cast in the direction you are looking at in TPS mode, otherwise it will auto-target the nearest enemy.

Personally, I think basic techs are wasted on cards. They're better suited to the Gi and Ra level techs at long ranges.