Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nadia View Post
    o god yes. that card game was a masterpiece. to see that again.. especially with todays potential capabilities... wuld be golden.
    Eaaaagh I hope this was sarcasm. The card fad that started around 2000 and plagued so many potentially good games can stay dead, thanks!

I have yet to try PSO2 so I will reserve judgement on whether or not it's the same old, but I'm moreso referring to the fact that they won't move to the next level with continuations of the old Phantasy Star games or Shining Force.

;( not trying to say that pso2 is a bad game.
    Oh well it sounded like you put it that way.

Quote from you earlier: yaya i know, its pso2. a new improved pso yet again blah blah blah. nuthin against it, and i definitely plan on playing it, but im just so sick of seeing rehashes of the same old crap.

And when I said "I dont want the same old game" I meant that I want them to keep innovating,
    but it is nice to know you love the game so much, everyone has their own opinion after all:>

I just thought you were saying that every Pso game was the same, and that they were ALL crap.
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Apr 21, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

im not mad at pso2. im mad cuz they make all these incredible hack n slash rpgs n they keep getting better n better. which is fine they are fun. hell i still play psobb to this day. im just mad because thats all they are making for pso! same old crap improved to incredible limits. episode 3 was a great concept too. it is a shame they went and abandoned this whole concept. if episode 3 was to evolve like the hack n slash games of the series i could only imagine what it would be like to this day. they did such a great job on that game itsa rotting shame they let the whole idea go. that game alone had its own huge fan base. of course not everyone liked it, that goes for any game.. thats not what im crying about here though.. but there are many ppl who played pso because of this game alone!
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Apr 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Turn based card games aren't very popular.

Like, at all. The last one that I even remember (or care to remember) was a game called Baten Kaitos. SUPER cheesy everything in that game, but the combat system with the cards was actually pretty decent. Look it up if you like the card game stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Turn based card games aren't very popular.

Like, at all. The last one that I even remember (or care to remember) was a game called Baten Kaitos. SUPER cheesy everything in that game, but the combat system with the cards was actually pretty decent. Look it up if you like the card game stuff like that.
    This was one of the games I thought of with my last post. ...the other was also on gamecube and you played as a girl who could use cards, forget the name of it though. The cards in both of them were completely unnecessary.

ep3 sets a much higher bar than either 1 of those.. comparing ep3 to them is just.... ughy ep3 had a huge population. if it wasnt for the way the servers n memory card thingy allowed things to be.. wulda been a very successful game, on top of being a great game there was never any issues ever about finding competition n ppl to play against. ur biggest problem was running from fsod lol :/
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

ep3 sets a much higher bar than either 1 of those.. comparing ep3 to them is just.... ughy ep3 had a huge population. if it wasnt for the way the servers n memory card thingy allowed things to be.. wulda been a very successful game

Really? I found Episode 3 to be fun, but more for the stories of the characters and the cutscene and card art, oh and the music, loved the music.

But the gameplay wasn't anything that interesting really, and there wasn't much balance between the Arkz and the Hunters. I mean, it was fun, but it wasn't more fun than many other games I enjoyed.

While it wasn't balanced I enjoyed that Yugioh Duelist of Roses game, I thought that was interesting as a card game. Also that one I think it was called Yugioh:Forbidden Kingdom or something, wasn't a card game necessarily but it was cool

yea ive tried many different substitutes but i never found another card battle game that culd calm my ep3 cravings. especially in team play, omg,. i also had an incredible partner though i teamed up with 99% of the time. maybe that has sumthin to do with it. i was not a huge fan of solo play. but it was ok from time to time.

the other huge appeal of this game was how it took all the creatures and items of ep 1 n 2 and kept them in perfect synchronization. so it complimented those 2 episodes perfectly. if ep3 was expanded n redone along side blue burst and all of the other later games, the updates and all of the game elements shoved into it, the possibilities would have been endless, and just like it did with ep 1 n 2, it would have complimented the entire pso series beautifully. and ep 3 online had nothing to do with storyline andpointlessly using cards for some dumb reason cuz it was pure strategy and pvp so it never got old, every person or team u played against, it was a new exciting battle everytime. i definitely agree with the posted opinions though for offline story mode play, thats gonna get old n boring fast. to fully experience this game you needed to play this game online vs ppl not com battles. just like every other online game the disclaimer doesnt change. your experience playing this game online will change greatly. also creating decks in this game took hours upon hours of studying the cards and thinking and creating strategys, having a partner to do this with and synchronizing your offense n defense was something i enjoyed to the fullest extent. alot of days you didnt even fight battles, you would hide away with urself or with ur partner in a room devising and creating new deck strategys. i have yet to see another game anywhere close to this level of working together and teamwork.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Apr 22, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Not very often you see a PSO Episode III fanboygirl. Quite a rarity.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Not very often you see a PSO Episode III fanboygirl. Quite a rarity.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say.
    Maybe that's because us Episode III lovers are generally too mature to behave as fanboys?

...Hey, I said maybe!

But yes, not having read much of this thread I agree wholeheartedly that we need a new Episode III! Loved that game and then some!

After PSO Ep III Nadia couldn't find any other card games that held her interest. I have never (that's technically correct because though I liked Lost Kingdom, I played it before I played PSO) seen any other card game I was even faintly interested in. Yet Episode III will remain my favourite game of all time.

No doubt a large part of its charm was the fact that it was the first game I played online, and that there were so many friendly people from all over the world to play and chat with. But apart from that it's still a fantastic game: The artstyle, the clever way Hunters and Arkz were different yet both very viable. The intricate play mechanics of the game. The ability to both play with and against other people. The card collecting itself. The awesome music to name just a few things.

Yes, 10/10, highly recommended and would play again!

Anyway, I still think it's inevitable that Episode III will be rereleased someday, as a new game or purely as a port. But I'd rather not wait another decade for it.