Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    According to the class level data that has been found on the beta, at level 51 all stats except HP and Ability are reduced to their value at level 26. And because not all stats decrease, I would imagine this is an intended feature rather than a glitch. Here's hoping we get 25 skill points to equal out the 25 levels of power lost.

HP caps around 800 at level 100, the current assumed max. So if we assume the current skill point rate of one point per level, you gain 1/16 more HP for 1/10 your skill points. And if we assume that you do get an extra 25 at 50, it is still 1/16 for 1/12.5, both of which are a fairly bad trade off to me.

The other stats cap much lower, so that +50 will always be worth slightly more than 1/10 of your skill points. So it clearly works fine in every case except HP.

But I have to agree that I prefer multipliers to static values myself. Currently, I would rather ignore direct stat increases for special abilities, such as Fury Stance or Weak Bullet. But, even if they did change it that way, it would probably still be balanced so the final multiplier was no better, which would mean I would still focus on abilities.

EDIT:

Also, static increases make the racial differences more insignificant while multipliers maintain them. And I am not arguing for or against that at the moment, just stating it.
    Wait, you mean our stats reduce once we hit level 50? Even if there are stats that didn't reduce that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    According to the class level data that has been found on the beta, at level 51 all stats except HP and Ability are reduced to their value at level 26. And because not all stats decrease, I would imagine this is an intended feature rather than a glitch. Here's hoping we get 25 skill points to equal out the 25 levels of power lost.
    They would not make it so that gaining a level sets you at lower stats. They would not do that. What you are talking about has been generally accepted as just them not getting around to updating all the skill tables that far. It's not as if they have really needed to yet. The fact that some are updated and others aren't, just means that they had enough time to go ahead and work on a few stats past a certain point, but not all of them.

Well then, if that is the case, investing in any of the stat increases besides maybe ability really does not seem to be a good trade off, as the other stats will probably cap above 500 if the tables are assumed wrong.

But I will be quite interested to see if they really do drop.