Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSO (Any Version/System): Still a Great Game

For those of you that play PSO (offline/online and DC/GC/PC/BB in some way), is it still a great game to play? What about comparing it to games of today, still a great game to play?

Hells yes, although i love the Final Fantasy games. Nothing tops PSO

Might be those pink nostalgia goggles, but PSO still rocks whenever it is played. Naturally, multiplayer-sessions are preferred.

It is one of those games that have an impact no matter when you pick it up and play.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Like they say, "you don't leave PSO, you only take breaks".

Is it fun to play? Yes. Is it as fun to play as it was 10 years ago? No. The offline experience hasn't changed and is fun if not a bit lonely. The remaining online versions feels like TTF spam and when I go on I'm not trying to power level or anything, I'm trying to relive the experience that PSO provided years ago and TTF doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Is it fun to play? Yes. Is it as fun to play as it was 10 years ago? No. The offline experience hasn't changed and is fun if not a bit lonely. The remaining online versions feels like TTF spam and when I go on I'm not trying to power level or anything, I'm trying to relive the experience that PSO provided years ago and TTF doesn't help.
    That depends on the server you play on. On the main one, yeah, it can be like that. On the one I play on, it is more quiet, but we do more than just TTF.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I've been playing it non-stop since i heard about the series in 2003 and then jumped online for the first time with PSOBB in the open beta of 2004 until the servers shutdown the last year, and even so, i'm still playing it now again in the private server and by myself in the gamecube offline again the whole trilogy episode 1,2 and 3 and 4 in BB.

This game has a spirit that never gets old, however only certain people from a certain generation can actually appretiate and love it so much, not even my boyfriend can understand how I can still love a game that it's so old looking with not so great graphics or gameplay for todays standards but that's the way it is, and I tried PSU and even PSO2 but although those are good games nothing compares to PSO because it was unique and it's impossible to copy it at all.

Dude Ive been playing BB a bunch still. I'm getting back into it before PSO2 comes out which I cant wait for. Even the GameCube version is fun to play. PSO is always better with other people tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Like they say, "you don't leave PSO, you only take breaks".
    You took the words out of my mouth.

Still, I have to agree with you on that statement. (Wishes to be playing PSO instead of PS0 )