Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation PSO2 Feature Limits (including Cash Shop) Input Welcome

I figured this information wasn't really gathered in one spot to understand what limits exist on cash shop items and subscriptions. This is so far based on my own testing and playing around in closed beta, if anyone has additional information or have experienced things differently, please let me know, with evidence if possible.

I had to find this stuff out mostly through experimentation and wished I had this information at the beginning of CBT, once Open Beta arrives and people will be paying with real money to play, this information will be vital I think. It helps in deciding when, what and how to do things. Sort of "Learn from my Fail"

Account Wide:
    • Subscriptions: As far as I know, these are stackable, if you buy My Room Access for 30 days then buy Premium Pass later for 90 days, you will get 120 days My Room access and 90 days of everything else in the Pass.
      • Premium Pass
        Includes, but also available separately:
        • "My Room" Access
        • Player Trading (The ability to open a trade window with another player, both players need this to trade)
        • Player Shop Creation (Accessing other player's shops is free, making and maintaining one is a subscription)

Premium Pass only:
        • Extra FUN for Daily Login & "Good Job"
        • "Premium Room" Access (No idea where this is)
        • Premium Storage Tab Access (200? slots per ship)
      • Extra Storage Slot 1 Access (500 slots per ship)
      • Extra Storage Slot 2 Access (500 slots per ship)
      • Extra Storage Slot 3 Access (500 slots per ship)
    • Global ID (Name you enter when you first log in, which will appear with your Arks Card etc)
    • Arks Cash balance
    • FUN Balance
    • "Scratch" Card progress (Which items you have received so far, the items you receive are awarded on the ship you played on once-only)
    • Number of Characters (Max 12)(Characters are tied to a ship, but your limit is per account. Creation is free only if there are no other characters on that account. (Delete you only char and it costs nothing to make another). As long as you have 1 or more characters on that account, even if you delete a character, character creation will cost AC)
    • Tutorial Completed (Once completed, can be skipped by any new character on the account, even remaking the first one)
    • Manpu/Emote/Cut-in/Lobby Action Unlocks - Thanks Vashyron

Per-Ship:
    • Characters (Max ?? per ship) (Characters can't move between ships, yet)
    • "My Room" (aka: Each ship has a separate "My Room" shared between characters on that ship)
    • Items/Meseta (Can be moved between characters via storage. Each Ship has separate storage)
      Also Includes:
      • Purchased AC Items (Can be put or bought directly into storage or traded/sold to other players on the same ship, but cannot move between ships)
      • Gacha/"Scratch" Rewards (Same as above)
    • Player Shop (Items in the shop and Shop Message) - Thanks Vashyron
    • Partner Character Registration (Only one character can be registered per ship as a Partner Character for friends/your other characters to use)
    • Friends List (Even though you add them via their "Global ID" so you can see which character they're on, you can't track them across ships, so you'll have to re-add them for each ship)
    • Team Creation/Membership - Thanks Ryudo

Per-Character:
    • Meseta Balance (Can be transferred between characters via storage, but each character has it's own Balance)
    • Beauty Parlour Unlocks (Unlock item you get from "Scratch", cannot use if your character is not an eligible gender/race, can be put into storage, but once used, will only unlock for the character used on only)
    • Backpack Slots (Max 100) (The amount of items each character can carry, upgrades from AC shop only increase the storage of the character they are used on)
    • Class Levels
    • Skill Trees
    • Skill Tree slots (Max 20 per character) - Thanks Vashyron
    • Story Progress
    • Missions Unlocked
    • MAGs (Max 10 per character, cannot be stored or traded)
    • Technic/PA levels
    • NPC Partner Cards

Unknown:
    I forgot to or never verified these
    • "Good Job" Limit (Once per friend/player, but unsure is per ship or account)
    • Mail (I know this is at least ship-wide, but don't know if account-wide)
    • Unlocked Titles/Rewards -- (I thought I saw these on ship 6, rewards could only be claimed once)
    Last edited by Pyrii; May 4, 2012 at 04:40 AM.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I know the Mags can't be shared because I tried. I had a character end up with 2 Mags somehow.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    [*]"Good Job" Limit (I'm not sure if the 10 per day is per char/ship/account)
    Did these not show up for the people you're giving Good Job to? They seemed to not go anywhere after you send them.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    I know the Mags can't be shared because I tried. I had a character end up with 2 Mags somehow.
    Mag tickets from the AC shop give you another mag.

ステンノ&エウリュアレ ~双子姉妹~

Quote Originally Posted by stheno View Post
    Did these not show up for the people you're giving Good Job to? They seemed to not go anywhere after you send them.
    The only time a player would be informed they received one is if you left a comment or reason for the "Good job!" in it. I can't remember where it was found, either. I think in the Quick Menu?

Mag tickets end up being character only, I'm pretty sure.

Mine seemed to go through and I recieved them from other people. But you received FUN points based on Premium Status/message/friend status.

There's also a limit of how many you can send per day. I guess I'll look it up in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    The only time a player would be informed they received one is if you left a comment or reason for the "Good job!" in it. I can't remember where it was found, either. I think in the Quick Menu?
    First tab of the communication history would show "Good Job"s received and their message.

Should mention emotes unlocked with Free Scratch are unlocked account-wide I guess.

Also from my experience you could only register 1 character to be a partner per ship, if I registered it on another character such as a alt I would be currently playing, I would be unable to invite my previous registered character and other people on my friends list could also only do the same.
    Last edited by Vashyron; May 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Whoa accidently words there.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Mag tickets from the AC shop give you another mag.
    According to the manual ( http://pso2.jp/cbt/manual/partner/mag/ ):
    "※ To obtain the mug body after the first two, you need AC shop can be purchased at the "winning ticket mug.""

Which suggests that you can receive a second MAG as a reward I guess. Maybe you can redo Koffie's MAG License again when levelling another class.

But if they're not tradable than I'll stick them under character-only

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Also from my experience you could only register 1 character to be a partner per ship, if I registered it on another character such as a alt I would be currently playing, I would be unable my previous registered character and other people on my friends list could also only do the same.
    Just verified this with a friend and changed the OP accordingly.

I also change the title to be more accurate :3
    Last edited by Pyrii; May 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

To fill in some unknown stuff, player shop was Ship wide. I could view and remove my shop contents on my other character.

Skill tree slots were Character locked, I had to pay again to have extra skill trees on my other character on the same ship.

Maybe I also wasn't clear enough, the emotes were account wide in the Closed Beta, my Ship 6 character had Extra emotes I unlocked on my Ship 2 characters.

Titles were at least Ship wide, I already had some stuff unlocked on my extra Ship 2 character from previously.

Team, I'm not certain if my memory is correct, but I do believe I checked my team window in my Ship 6 character and I was treated as like I was in no team when I was in one in Ship 2.

Well that's everything I can think of for now. I would apreciate some help clearing up the unknowns and if there's any way to better describe things :P

Not sure if this is worthy of a sticky or counts as a guide. The idea is that this information is here so people can make informed choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    To fill in some unknown stuff, player shop was Ship wide. I could view and remove my shop contents on my other character.

Skill tree slots were Character locked, I had to pay again to have extra skill trees on my other character on the same ship.

Maybe I also wasn't clear enough, the emotes were account wide in the Closed Beta, my Ship 6 character had Extra emotes I unlocked on my Ship 2 characters.

Titles were at least Ship wide, I already had some stuff unlocked on my extra Ship 2 character from previously.

Team, I'm not certain if my memory is correct, but I do believe I checked my team window in my Ship 6 character and I was treated as like I was in no team when I was in one in Ship 2.
    Thanks I moved a couple of the items you were sure about. Do you know if extra skill slots are per class or you get one for each class per unlock?

I thought I saw my titles unlocked on ship 6 too, but because I'm not 100% I'll leave it in unknown. Don't want to end up misleading people :P I should've taken more screenshots x_x