Threaded View

Default Phantasy Star Online 2: Character Stories

This was just something I was interested in doing and seeing from others. With this new release of Phantasy Star, does your character have a story to tell? Are they new, re-occurring, young, old, etc.? What is their place within this universe...

As for the characters I developed, I have made a story for them before and this one will pay homage to their new chapter into PSO2. Now I shall introduce to you all - Exodus:

SIDENOTE: If you want to quote - Only copy the title of the individuals prologue/introduction/story - it would very efficient/user friendly and prevent posting the whole story again. Pulling quotes for the story itself however is fine...

EDIT: This is purely based off what you believe/feel may come... this is just a medium to show your character's introduction - after reading some things... users on here have some pretty sound explanations but like with what most said, have to wait till the full story unfolds. For now everything would be ambiguous and based off of the individuals thought - which the whole point of this is to see that.

If you want to see how my Characters are related to one another... their tree can be found HERE

================================================== =================

Somewhere, in the middle of a field surrounded by fire – the inclination of the ‘dark force’ was defeated but, at the price of victory cost the life of another who had been pursuing the inclination for as long as he had lived...

- CHAPTER 0-
    Begining of the End is a Begining

The individual falls backside onto the ground, breathing heavily with his arms spread out, the odachi escaped his hand but, he knew he wouldn’t need it anymore for he felt his time was to an end.

“Ah... haaa-... wow... was that the... billionth time we crossed paths...” he laughs at the made up number, “... no matter, no matter how many faces you hide behind... it was my duty to pursue and defeat you at all costs...”

The individual looks up at the night sky, the moon beam down on him while the fires begin to cool and dim down.

“Funny... an infinite being... have yet to learn... its lesson... I guess persistance sure does beat... resistance...” he laughs again but, the laughter was followed by a hacking cough.

“Okay... maybe... I should stop talking...” he paused, “... bah, it doesn’t matter... I already know... To think all this... started as being a mediocure hunter... how the times... have changed...”

Before him, his vision was becoming blurred as a person who stayed up for days without rest; with it, he breathed his final words.

“I... leave this world with no... regrets. I did what I was needed to do... my service is complete though... I do hope this generation is ready... only if I can come back one... more... time...”

After the statement he slowly closed his eyes...

“I ...hope you... have... better luck... than me... part... ner...”

The individual finally passes...

================================================

‘Cy—pher...’ a voice calls out

Waking from the dream, the individual rises from the ground patting himself, then notices that he was not the body he became but, the body he originally was. Looking around, his surrounding told of a world unknown but, most importantly he was called by his formal name – “Cypher”.

‘Cypher...’ the voice calls out again

Cypher looks up into the nothingness, “Yes?”

‘How is thou...?’ the voice asked

He rubbed his head, “Uhm... fine I guess... at peace for the most part...”

‘Stand... I have a question to ask of thee...’ the voice requested

“Okay...” Cypher adjusts into an erect position, “... I’m here... but, I am curious... are you...?”

‘Yes... I am...’ the voice said

“Oh... well it is nice to finally meet you...” Cypher bowed, “... I can’t really say the same for... your counterpart’s spawn...”

‘I know of thy concern... thus why I must ask thee...' the voice said

“Well... I am ready for what you have to say...” Cypher replied

There was a mild silence between Cypher and the omnipresence, then the voice came.

‘Is thou ready... to go back...?’ the voice asked

Cypher widened his eyes, “...Wha-... what do you mean?”

The voice made a vibration that sounded like laughter – Cypher couldn’t help but to be perplexed by this for his question was going to be answered.

‘I have heard thy plea... thy will...’ the voice said

“Wait... what ple-... oh...” Cypher reminded, “...but, do you really think I am... deserving of a second chance... I did live a... long... telling life...”

The mild pause returned, then the voice spoke again.

‘Driven through insanity, sorrow, pain, regret, friendship,... love... the road of hardships during thou’s years... thy service to the light have been proven... thy truth realized...’ the voice said

“Well... when you put it that way...” Cypher looked to the side

The voice spoke again, ‘Do thou understand why thou has been... persistant.. constant in thy way?’

“I... have my thoughts... but, I feel you are going to reveal that to me?” Cypher quizzed

‘Yes, just as thee has inclinations, I have the same...' the voice claimed

“I see...” Cypher said

While Cypher was in thought, the voice spoke again.

‘The question remains... is thou ready... to go back...?’ the voice asked

Without hesitation, “Yes... I am ready to go back...” Cypher answered

During the moment, Cypher felt that the omnipresence was pleased, he too was and is honored to serve under the banner once again. From there a light glowed in the middle of his chest, this light was grown bigger and bigger – the ether around him began to swirl, Cypher was looking around in his amazement.

‘Before thou return... I shall bless thee with thy birth vessel... with thy birth name... thou’s name...’ the voice said, ‘...a rebirth... upon thy plane of thou’s passing...’

Cypher looked up, as the actions was happening around him and the voice spoke again...

‘Exodus... thou has transended many planes... and shall continue to do so... to maintain thy balance... thy order of thy fair universe... ‘

Within the experience, Exodus shed a tear for he was reminded of his original name, reminded of its meaning for it rang true within him.

“Thank you... thank you so much... for giving me this opportunity... I will not fail...” Exodus said

The voice laughed, ‘Thou has not failed... no... thou should be proud as I... Continue thy journey... continue being thy Guardian of Light... my son...!’

The words rang through Exodus as his renewed sense of duty returned and the voice continued.

‘May thou’s light bring hope into others... to fight against the darkness has yet to consume... find your other brothers and sisters... I will be watching... over... you... all...’

================================================

As the voice completed its statement, Exodus was blinded by light, feeling his person descend from the plane he was. Exodus felt himself settled upon land, the light before him began to fade, showing a familiar display before him. Exodus looked down at himself as the light have yet to go as it manifested a veil upon his body; it too dimmed as it completed its process.

“Cool... she was kind enough to give me new clothes...” Exodus admiring himself

Exodus snapped out of his own little world and looked before him, he started to walk toward where he had last stood against the dark inclination. From it, Exodus looks down at his formal self.

“Yikes... never realized how beat up I was...” Exodus said, “...geez how much time passed from then?”

From there, Exodus felt a presence that remained within the relic he looked upon, an immediate thought occured to him.

“I see... it looks like you are not ready to give up as well...” Exodus said, “...is this why you sent me back here?”

With the open question, the wind blew past Exodus, he lent a smirk with the riddle in his mind.

Out of it, he kneeled down and hoisted his formal body on his shoulders – then he reached for Tsukodoku (ツ孤独) that left his hands prior; putting it back into its sheath. As Exodus rose from the ground, he jest at the weight of the body.

“By the light... I should of laid off the monomates...” Exodus turned and started to walk, “... but, you still have a purpose... and just like me... you too will be... reborn...”

He continued to walk the path, to start the new journey that was given to him. Exodus sort of wished he was granted a psychic ability or something so he can predict how this would play out but, like with most things, he is kept in suspense. It didn’t matter to him much for everything he is going to do is under the guidance of the light...

...The time passes on...

-END CHAPTER 0-
    Begining of the End is a Begining

================================================== =================

I hope for those you enjoyed this introduction of Exodus - I will add my other character introductions within the same posting so be on the look out. I also look forward to everyone else's story-line...

Forgive me if I have any errors within the text... and the made up sword name, I was just combining words... LoL
    Also much ambiguity would be - for now I am just making introductions till further development.

UP NEXT: [Geist and Kira introduction] [Ruu and Naomi introduction] [Cipher introduction] ["Flow's" introduction]

SIDENOTE: If you want to quote - Only copy the title of the individuals prologue/introduction/story - it would very efficient/user friendly and prevent posting the whole story again. Pulling quotes for the story itself however is fine...

EDIT: This is purely based off what you believe/feel may come... this is just a medium to show your character's introduction - after reading some things... users on here have some pretty sound explanations but like with what most said, have to wait till the full story unfolds. For now everything would be ambiguous and based off of the individuals thought - which the whole point of this is to see that.
    Last edited by Cypher_9; Aug 30, 2012 at 03:14 PM.