View Poll Results: How do you feel about the level cap at launch?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too low to begin with.

80 41.03%
  • Level 40 is just right...

62 31.79%
  • We don't need to go higher.

5 2.56%
  • I like turtles...

48 24.62%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

I think no matter where you put it, some people are going to reach the max fast. It happens in all the PS games. I think they have a strategy behind what they're doing, like what Chik'Tikka was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by terrell707 View Post
    I'm more worried about this because of Sakai's plan to update the game AT LEAST once a month. Pretty sure even with PSU, the game was updated weekly. There was usually a new quest at least every other week for about a year. So unless he means that he plans to bring about a big update at least once a month or that he plans to update the game, period, once a month is a little worrisome.
    Well. I don't mind this as much because the updates felt small and may have been rushed because they had to meet a deadline. Plus it may take more time with all the quality that they put into this game. I feel that they have more time to bring out better content now. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Mike; May 6, 2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    do we know the exp charts? they could just make it incredibly difficult to reach 40 simply due to the huge amount of exp required.
    It's not set in stone, but it looks like it might take close to 500,000 EXP to reach 40 given what was found in the client. If I'm reading this thing right...

Not only do I like turtles, but I would really hope that someday the level cap is 200... I mean comeon, that's like the PSO dream.

I think 40 is decent for release day, if the level cap gets too high too fast then leveling may feel more important then fun for some people.
    I would like to have a few weeks to focus on phat lewts and a classy My Room... Then I can travel to Animal Crossing Land and show Tom Nook my decoration skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Dragon View Post
    I think no matter where you put it, some people are going to reach the max fast. It happens in all the PS games. I think they have a strategy behind what they're doing, like what Chik'Tikka was saying.
    WOOT!!! someone mentioned me in a post!!!+^_^+ *feels special and acknowledged*

50 just seems more logical to me.

IF your are able to transfer your open beta character to the real game, then getting from level 30 to 40 would not be that hard...

^that too
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Considering we have the EXP Tables and a pretty good idea of the amount of content that will be available at release (Forest, Caves, Urban Recovery, Desert Mines, Snow Fields and possibly ~three more maps, one of which may have Dark ____ as the boss)? 40 is low, but it makes sense. The content isn't there to put the cap any higher, even with Hard and Very Hard.

I'll burn through it as FO in a week, compete on the Challenge Leaderboards for a while, then get fed up with FO's low DPS and level HU or RA so I can be competitive on the boards. It will be short, and it will be sweet.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lKeima View Post
    IF your are able to transfer your open beta character to the real game, then getting from level 30 to 40 would not be that hard...
    Assuming OB lasts long enough to reach 30.

Didn't they pull the same crap with PSU? Well, not with character levels, but with actual levels and missions you could access. I remember the limit on content was the very reason I quit PSU after a month. Sega never learns it seems. No wonder they've fallen into the gutter they are now compared to 15 - 20 years ago.