Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question English PSO2 wiki?

I think it'd be good to have an english wiki resource as Japanese wikis are very sketchy at the moment and it'd be nice to have an english-language resource for the technical details of the game.

I had a momentary thought of trying to set this up myself and then realised that'd be dumb and wondered if any of the major bodies have tried already, like PSUpedia or PSO-World. So far I am disappoint.

So is there or will there be a demand for an English wiki for JP PSO2? pretty much like PSUpedia, giving information on items, missions and stats. Also listing Japanese names and their English translations. But also like PSUpedia meaning that if there's an Western version, the data should hopefully be applied identically with just name and description updates.

There's loads of great info out there and on these forums, but we have to agree that getting to specific information is done better on a wiki.

That would be really useful, especially if everyone helps out and contributes. I found the Japanese Wikis useful when trying to look up an item at the shop (It's kinda stupid that you have to know the name of the item you're looking for to search and browse a shop... they should change that)

So yeah, I support the idea for an English wiki.

im sure if we get enough people to support it we can make it happen. i would love to help out with this.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Me too. Wikis shouldn't be hard to make, And i want a background in helping with websites.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

As I said, I'd love to help start it, but I don't think I should be the Owner/Founder. I know my way around Media inside-and-out but I have my caveats which usually makes me not a very good owner :P

Hell I tried to start a wiki for Digimon Masters Online, and that ended up abandoned.

So yeah, I totally want to contribute, but I don't think I'd be the best owner. I can template, do mediawiki backend, and give info from my playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    It's kinda stupid that you have to know the name of the item you're looking for to search and browse a shop... they should change that
    Are you talking about players shops? You can pick categories like weps, armor, and the exact types before searching. Also you can pick the minimum star rarity, as well as price. I think it's fairly easy to find a certain wep or find new ones that way.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

Just so you guys know, Project Oracle/The PSOracle is in the works right now.

(It's being done by the "PSUpedia guys.")

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Just so you guys know, Project Oracle/The PSOracle is in the works right now.

(It's being done by the "PSUpedia guys.")
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    link?
    Like I said it's in the works. The software is not done yet.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1510

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Like I said it's in the works. The software is not done yet.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1510
    Yeah, I found it a few minutes ago, what they're proposing is a full-on database rather than a wiki. They'd have much more control of what goes on there and given it's custom software, I'm dubious as to the result. Not saying it couldn't work, but for now there's nothing to use and it might be better to do something separate for now.

Certainly something to keep an eye on though.