Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I may as well police a wiki... All I do is sit in front of these forums all day.... haha

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I'd say give it some time. It's still pretty early, and there's potential for a lot to change. Once we start seeing official releases, we'll probably start seeing database and wiki work starting to seriously take form.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

To add to the above to Hrith to explain why we (PSUP) wanted to try something different this time, we/I pretty much tried to use MediaWiki as a database, but that's just not really what it's meant for; it's not only far less powerful as one, but we also ended up with code so complicated that it became a significant barrier for casual users wanting to contribute, which kind of defeated the point in going wiki in the first place.
    I think the idea of allowing anyone to contribute is really awesome, and I wouldn't want that to change for new projects. Essen wanted forms for user submissions (like PSOW's I guess) at least; I was pushing him to at least include text-based mass submission as well.

I would love to help!!

We should set up a collection of the guides here and on the PSU fan blog that has lots of content and use it as a starting point for a wiki, and then populate out from that stem.

I just found this. Seems like we could use and/or contribute until someone gets a good, stable DB up.

It is possible to make private wikis, which would potentially address the concerns that anyone and everyone can make edits and, therefore, add inaccurate information or just be a plain old jerk.

I used to help with a private wiki for Sacred 2, which was nice. There were many editors but you had to apply to get an account.
    PSO2 - Ship 10 - English
    HUcast - Nilihanth

Master Sword Fighter Desecration's Avatar

Someone on the Site here has started a google docs drop chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...4NkdETXc&gid=0