Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Predict AC prices..

Premium Set 30days = 1000-1500AC or $10-15

I doubt it will be the same but 60 and 90 days seem to give huge discounts if they are the same though 60 will be around $22.5 and 90 will be $30. I would bet the discount will be closer to something like $27 and $40

My Room = $5
    My Shop = $5

Trading seems to be only available via premium set according to the beta.

Extra Storage bins $5 for 30days and $10 for 90

Item pack expansion = $1
    x5 = $4

Additional Skill Tree = $5-10

Skill Tree Reset = $1

Mag Ticket = $5-10

Mag Reset = $1

Aesthetic (Makeup) Counter Pass = $1-5 (depending on what exactly it allows you to do)

Scape doll x1 = $2.50
    Scape doll x3 =$5
    Scape Doll x5 = $10

Cosmo Atomizer x3 = ~$5
    Cosmo Atomizer x5 = ~$10

New Character = $10

Scratch ticket = $1

This is what I predict, or something close.

So if you want everything for a year
    4x Premium Set 90days ~$40 = $160
    4x Storage A ~$10 = $40
    4x Storage B ~$10 = $40
    4x Storage C ~$10 = $40

$280 / year

of course there is also getting max inventory for the character and possibly getting skill trees all open and MAGs

That's 20 exta skill trees $200
    inventory = $4
    i think someone said there is a max of 6 MAGs so x5 x10 = $50

so another $254 to completely max a char more or less in terms of storage and that type stuff.

Thinking about this one might actually create more characters in place of storage...

Storage = 500 slots for $40/year
    1 char + inventory maxed = 100 slots for $14/permanent

That's just what I think...
    Last edited by RocSage; May 9, 2012 at 02:40 AM.

i like some of it, except the scape dolls, other F2P mmos I've played sell revive items like that between 10 cents to 50 cents per item (usually in packs of 10 or higher) so i think that 5 scape dolls would be at most $2.50+^_^+
    also I'm hoping the premium ticket will be along the lines of $6-$10 a month+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; May 9, 2012 at 02:51 AM.

yeah I'm using former knowledge plus relative prices in closed beta. I think it's a bit much myself, but in the beta they have it for 30 AC which is odd and it might indicate that the prices might be higher than we usually think for some things.

So, I would bet it is far lower as well, but there is a possibility it might be higher.

I heard them assuming 1 yen = 1 AC

Quote Originally Posted by skuld01 View Post
    I heard them assuming 1 yen = 1 AC
    So either multiply all these amounts by 1.25 if they aren't global or maintain these for a US release.

Generally companies modify prices for the region rather than make the price universal.

So...
    JP servers 1000 AC = 1000 yen
    US servers 1000 AC = $10
    so the US get .25 discount if the servers aren't global. Though I don't know how the whole conversion is if its a global thing, but more than likely they'll maintain the same thing as above for convenience

btw... this is why Australia gets kicked in the nuts with games. $60 is standard or something and even though the Australian currency is worth more than USD they get massively shafted and it would be like a US resident paying $120 for a game, or something like that.

My gut tells me SEGA is going to be lazy and keep everything in yen.

That is absurdly expensive. If your estimates are based on prices in other online games (I have never played any game with microtransactions), needless to say I am not buying anything from this one.

The total expenses to obtain what previous games offered should not exceed what a monthly fee was in those games.

A Premium account is basically the monthly fee SEGA had promised would disappear from PS games Except it contains less, so if it's more expensive... Less content for more money...

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    That is absurdly expensive. If your estimates are based on prices in other online games (I have never played any game with microtransactions), needless to say I am not buying anything from this one.

The total expenses to obtain what previous games offered should not exceed what a monthly fee was in those games.

A Premium account is basically the monthly fee SEGA had promised would disappear from PS games Except it contains less, so if it's more expensive... Less content for more money...
    What you have to realize is if those options weren't paid for they would be there for the most part, even down to the create character thing.

PS has generally given us 3-4 (it was unlimited originally due to it being VMU based and if i recall correctly VMUs only held 1 character which would equate to the same price)

You would have those storage options. The scape doll thing i find convenient. Mags are convenient to have like they are now and they had to do them this way with the reset thing which I like. Make a mistake, reset and remake it.
    The Skill trees wouldn't exist. The extra storage wouldn't exist. The skill reset wouldn't exist. The inventory slots might exist, but i doubt it.

So we're not paying for things that would be there, but stuff that wouldn't be there.

And yes. It can be expensive, BUT it doesn't have to be.

i like the 90day Premium Set and it might be as little as $30 which is $10/month which is a really nice thing.
    Many people won't care about trading or any of that stuff so they might never spend money on anything and they'll not be affected any more than had they returned to the F2P of PSOv1. A little worse or better depending on your outlook.
    Same server 2 chars = 200 storage in total which is easy to transfer between the two. It took a lot of hoarding to fill that 200. if you have 2 on dif servers you have 400 total. The only thing you lose from PSOv1 is the ability to trade via drops, but you also gain the ability to trade between characters. It's a tradeoff and not a bad one.

Also... yes, that's actually the point of Freemium games. It can be cheap, but for plenty of people it can be expensive. That's the beauty of a well crafted shop. It's scalable to the player and their wants.

I understand your points, but I fail to see any beauty in it, only dishonesty towards the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I understand your points, but I fail to see any beauty in it, only dishonesty towards the customers.
    Well if you're not buying something you're not a customer.

I don't think it's dishonest to say you don't need to pay them to play. From what I see they are way beyond fair with what they are offering for free if you look at the market. They are offering you the complete game, save for 1 minor function which i don't like that they removed, but I get why it was. Everything else is additional and convenience so I don't see what the problem is.

I could guess why people who feel the way you do feel that way, and it has very little to do with the game itself, because i would bet you you would feel the same way no matter what they did with their shop. You'd likely only be happy if they got rid of the shop all together. This is nothing against you. This is just how the brains of people works.

I think it's dishonest to call it free to play or freemium, but again, that's the label of what their doing. It wasn't created by them. It was created by advertisers and general population of people. So if anything it's the users being dishonest to the users.

From what I can see and from my experiences in other games this is an extremely fair if not, better than average, model for this type of game.