Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Trust me, with allied Forces, the other Hunters are subpar to the HUcast, as he still has access to the Noble Cloak (as it is an all-class armor with great resists AND stats), and he can get the same buffs the others could get from the same allies with him instead of having to use his own buffs (if he were a solo'ing HUmar/l or HUnewm/newearl). Pobamma also boasts the lowest DFP and Melee resistance of any enemy in the game on any difficulty, and Risk is just as good as a Life or CelebLv5 when it procs, damage-wise, so the numbers will be more relevant with the might of a manly mechanical user swinging its bone-shattering blade wildly about the nest of amphibious foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    If you're looking for insane damage numbers. Why not get PSOBB, and grab a level 200 force and go level 30 rafoie a booma?
    He also specifically said "weapon", so your above input is null and void. Maybe if you had instead chose to say something about a HU-/RA-mar using some Charge Vulcans in Super or a Vjaya on Normal with 100% Native on some poor unfortunate foolish foes, then maybe it would be more suitable. ;P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 17, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

What is the best lazer cannon & mech guns for a RAmar.
    I need better equipment for my ranger.
    I mostly want a better lazer cannon the one i have is galletin celeb lv2 %in all don't remember how much in each and no pa.

Best Laser Cannon: Gallatin. You can find one in Makara Ruins and if you look enough, you will eventually find one with better stats and even a desirable PA that you want to replace your current Gallatin. Makara is also a ranger-friendly zone.

Best Mechguns: Technically, Riverman Missouri because they grind out the best, have longer range than the average mechgun, and grants a set bonus of more evade and accuracy if you're wearing a Keplar Suit, but those have a set element so if you really want one with Celeb or Life (for the most damage), you're going to be looking for long, long time. Otherwise, you're better off with the Crimson Vis since you can change the element on them and find more of them (I feel like I can find around 5-10 Crimson Vis before I find one Riverman in the past). Both mechguns can be found in the Valley. There are Helions and Blaze Helion who are bullet resistant on SH but otherwise a ranger should have no problems clearing this area.
    Last edited by Atbar; Aug 18, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks for the info. I gusse i will do the valley a few times

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

i just beat mother trinity and went to fight dark falz and got pwned,but i plan on returning to fight him and just want to know that if i eneded the quest just to farm for PA drops to get some scape dolls will i have to fight mother trinity again?

If you die to Dark Falz, you have to fight Mother Trinity again regardless. If you quit and retake the quest, then yes you'll have to redo the entire dungeon again, as well as the Mother Trinity and Dark Falz fight again. Daggarts boss guide might help you out if you're having trouble with Dark Falz.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

kk thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega605 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I gusse i will do the valley a few times
    You're welcome. You better make that a few hundred with the way droprates work in the game.

So I have a HUcast and a FOnewearl and was thinking a RAmar would be a good final guy(being as this grants one of each race, one of each type, with both genders represented) and some questions hit me.

A. what Mag and material stats would suit him best?

B. what weapons should I track down for him beforehand?

C. Are Bazookas and Laser Cannons any good? (I have never tried either with my HUcast...)

D. Anything else on Rangers in general. I have heard they were somewhat nerfed compared to PSO. I don't know if this is true or not, but would like to know what I am getting myself into. I have a rouge pulse for my HUcast as well as a frigiand, but haven't used a mechgun since PSO and haven't used many ranger weapons yet.

P.S. if anyone is curious, I shall deck him out in red with blonde hair and call him Vash. (The Stampede title regretfully won't fit...)

A. If you are settling on human ranger, the only techs you should really utilize is Zalure and Jellen. You will fill a niche in a party that doesn't have anyone else debuffing (and I find people who debuff to be a rare sight in this game). If you get a force that does debuff everything under the sun though, then you might as well switch over to fluids or something on your palette. With that said, focus on 100 power mats because you can then get a Shifta bonus of additional 100 power when someone in the party uses Shifta. With mag, you can get away with using a full power mag in the end game, however, you may want at least an extra 25 accuracy or so to avoid getting misses. In addition, if you plan on using mech guns outside of boss fights (bosses have 1 evade and therefore accuracy isn't an issue wit them), then you will need about 75 accuracy until you can get some mechguns with a good accuracy adjustment.

B. Gunblades with Earthbullet, Handguns with Thriller Combo or Flame Hit, and Rifles with Mine Sneak. If anyone here read this and says Mine Sneak stinks, you're doing it wrong, plain and simple. I've used Mine Sneak enough to know how devastating it is. If you don't care for gunblades, then saber or spear, whatever you're comfortable with. Gunblade may be classified as a ranger weapon but it does melee damage. The melee weapons will tie in with a point I make in D.

C. Depends on who you ask. If you have played PSO, you may be quickly disappointed with them because they don't do splash damage and the weapons are much slower to use. I didn't really care for either weapon in this game. Some people swear by the Divine Ray PA with Laser Cannons.

D. Yes, rangers are more than somewhat nerfed. They are the weakest characters in the game and are fragile characters. They are nothing like they are from PSO (I haven't played PSO but I have read enough PSO vets complaining about the ranger class in this game on this board) You may find yourself dying a lot more on SH. However, it doesn't stop most people from playing them. I know a friend of mine, Windancer, actually enjoys that because PSZ is an easy enough game once you run through all the areas on SH enough with a Hunter and Force character. In addition, you will find yourself having to melee in at least four out of the seven areas in the game because there's a high number of bullet resistant enemies in the game. If you haven't learned about Celeb element with weapons, learn about it know: it amplifies damage and only costs a small percentage the huge stockpile of meseta you will acquire once you beat the story and do your first set of Hard mode runs.

Add-on for B: Mechguns are also good. In fact, they are good enough to not bother with a PA. If you want to use a PA, Cool Style is the way to go. There are boss battles where when correctly positioned, does a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Atbar; Aug 20, 2012 at 08:32 PM.