Default Refresh my memory?

Well, I'm actually starting up again. It's just that I don't remember anything from this game, I played it almost a decade ago on dreamcast, and a little bit on xbox. I had PSU for a while, it was sick as hell totally loved it but it was definitely a lot different than PSO so I'm ready for PSO2. I will be building my gaming computer when it comes out. Right now I'm playing PSOBB on my intel pentium w7. Runs fairly well windowed. I have 4GB of ram and a good enough graphics processor but honestly it's not that great just a little laptop.

Anyway, anyone want to refresh my memory. Give me a overview of levels 1-20 (I'm on 7) so I can get the hang of it again. I don't remember anything about making/buildng/feeding mags or even what they do. I forget what heals and about how much things you should have. What you should keep and sell. I remember about rares and what not. I forget how trading works. Is it a drop trade and you run to each other? Lol...

I also remember something about if something goes wrong like a purchase or you're about to die you "save and exit" real quick. Not 100% sure but I remember something about this too vaguely.

If anyone is generous enough to refresh my memmory I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by kushking; May 27, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

Looks like you need to read the manual! (Downloadable pdf.)

I got trading down, didn't even know you could propose trades lol. I never had a need for it on dreamcast, either that or I just don't remember ANYTHING about it.

I still have yet to find anything about mags. Any help there would be appreciated.

Mags in a nutshell:

Mags increase your stats and give you access to Photon Blasts. Feeding a mag a consumable item will increase its stats, which in turn, increases your stats.

Mags can augment four different stats: Def, Pow, Dex, and Mind.

Mags can reach a maximum level of 200. For every level a mag has in def, it will increase your character's def by 1. Likewise, pow and mind have a 1-to-2 correspondence, whereas dex has a 2-to-1 correspondence. (That is, 2 levels in dex for the mag = 1 point increase in dex for your character, and 1 level in pow = 2 point increase in atp. Note that 1 level in dex does not count towards any increase in stat).

Ex. a level 200 mag has the following stats:

DEF 20
    POW 100
    DEX 50
    MIND 30

This mag would give + 20 DFP, + 200 ATP, + 25 ATA, + 60 MST

Mags evolve at level 10, 35, and 50 and will obtain a photon blast at each evolution. You might want to look at some of the guides here to determine what kind of a mag you would like to build:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...viewtopsection

Best of Luck!
    Last edited by FoCaster; Jun 11, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Focus... and FOCast~

Mags are extremely important, so don't neglect it. There is quite a bit of information on those mag pages. If you're a completionist like me (i.e. planning to reach lvl 200 even though it may never happen because you're soloing on your GC *sob*), I suggest you start with this guide. It will help you decide how to allocate materials, and mag stats.
    The mag guides I find most useful are the feeding chart, the hunter, ranger, and force flow charts. I use all these to hand craft mag plans for myself and others. It's not tough, but if you don't feel like doing the work, I would be more than happy to help you out with a feeding plan.
    I also use this guide to find out about mag behavior (what happens when your PB bar fills, you enter a boss room, or are reduced below 10% HP). You can also find out about making a rare mag here.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoCaster
    Ex. a level 200 mag has the following stats:

DEF 20
    POW 100
    DEX 50
    MIND 30

This mag would give + 50 DFP, + 200 ATP, + 25 ATA, + 60 MST
    I'm sure it's just a typo, but 20 DEF on a mag wouldn't yield 50 DFP, just 20 DFP.
    Last edited by Nisoth; Jun 10, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

wow. to go over everything, well, you need to do some soul searching. I remember teaching my friends how to play for the very first time, and literally, it took like an hour or so of briefing everything basic. BASIC. like menu functions, lobby perks, and item usage to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisoth View Post

I'm sure it's just a typo, but 20 DEF on a mag wouldn't yield 50 DFP, just 20 DFP.
    Oops, thanks! Typo indeed!
    Focus... and FOCast~