Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Connection between Wren from PSIII and PSIV?

Spoilers, of course.

I can see that the classic section has been in decline, but maybe other people have been pondering the original series lately as I have been.

Is there a connection between Wren from PSIII and PSIV? Putting aside all the PSIII hate and whether it's even canon or not, is there anything to hint at both of them being the same person, or is it just another Wren combat android model?

I tried looking up and reading whatever I could, such as the translated compendium, but it didn't shed much light on this subject, which to me, was one of the biggest unexplained mysteries filling a gap between III and IV.

Could there have been a mass production of Wren models before Alisa III escaped Parma, and one of them was in charge of Zelan? It does seem like Wren is technologically more basic than Demi. He supposedly doesn't have emotions either.

Did this Wren come from one of the crashed Parmanian ships that landed on or near Motavia?

The only thing the compendium hints at was that Orakia and Laia were the Parm resistance leaders and escaped on the Alisa III. Afterwards, the surviving Mother Brain resistance members managed to restore minimal function to Zelan and Kuran. If Orakia built all the Wren models, perhaps he left one behind to man the satellites if they could get them back in operation after Alisa III left. Or more likely, one was left behind by accident and the resistance put it to that task anyway.

That seems to make a little sense to me, but perhaps there's evidence I'm not seeing that both Wrens are the same person?

Does anyone know anything more on this subject, or in fact, PSIII's connections to the rest of the series at all? I know once I finish PSU and PSP1/2, I'll be poking and prodding at the controversial subject of how they're ALL connected.
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Potential spoiler:

Spoiler!
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Orakia is credited in PSIII as creating an army of robots, and Wren introduces himself as part of a combat cyborg series, however...

Wren in PSIV doesn't seem to be surprised at the events regarding Dark Force, and he seems rather knowledgeable about all of the events that occur, although this could be due to his lack of emotion and programming.
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

There the same going off the Complete Franchise Timeline I'm doing (which is very long). Even tho there is no factual proof other then theories that Fan's have and the bit's and piece's that can lead to such an idea.

Could you elaborate on what connects them in your timeline? I'm very interested in the connections between PSIII and the rest of the series.

I'm starting to agree with Dragwind, and after seeing PSU's story, I'm thinking that Wren and Lou are quite similar in their mass production.

I'd love to see more Mieu in the series, as a reference, cameo, anything...

JP names

PS3: シーレンTYPE386 (Shiren)
    PS4: フォーレン (Forren)

Of course there were some very crazy theories back in the day that treated the English versions as their own continuity due to the date changes and ignored all JP canon, but...

Oh, that's interesting...That kills the theory they're the same, but it's still fun to think about them being connected through their creator, Orakio. I wouldn't mind a game or series based off the Orakian/Layan war.

Is Forren and Fulyen Curtz a coincidence, or was that a deliberate reference?

Well that's like saying Noah in PSI is different to Lutz through out the rest of the series but we know he's the same guy and he had different JP names too. It's the same with the Planet's names in each game too. What you need to do is follow the story not the names. and even then it could be explain away why the difference too.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

If I'm not mistake, PSIII actually takes place a few years after PSIV, meaning that Wren would have to do stuff in PSIV, then travel to a ship that's 1000 years away in 20 years, then do stuff there. Here's what I remember happening, from what background information I've found (please don't ask me to cite my sources. It's been far too long).

Wren series androids or automated production line created shortly before Mother Brain's destruction, allowing it to do their work through the great collapse. Shiren would have to be created before Mother Brain's death, so that he can be included in PSIII's ship (Alisa III, was it?), while Forren would have to start working in his satellite before the systems went haywire. 1000 years happen, twin Dark Forces attack, they both save their respective days.

So, short answer, they're different Wrens, they're similarly produced, they're roughly the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    Well that's like saying Noah in PSI is different to Lutz through out the rest of the series but we know he's the same guy and he had different JP names too. It's the same with the Planet's names in each game too. What you need to do is follow the story not the names. and even then it could be explain away why the difference too.
    There's a difference between original source. English translations are always different because they're translations of a Japanese source. I'm fairly sure the Japanese versions don't have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Valinne View Post
    Is Forren and Fulyen Curtz a coincidence, or was that a deliberate reference?
    Deliberate, just like the naming of the planets. There are a ton of easter eggs in PSU to the original series. Alot of the characters are based around classic characters, and Fulyen is one of them.

Actually the English version put's PSIII a little after PSII not PSIV and the JP put's it a 1,ooo yrs later the same time as PSIV. The problem is the Orakia built the JP (Shiren) or Siren series after Palma's demise. Nether one is incorrect just classified differently. And top of that it doesn't explain how the two world ship got where they are in PSIV, so loop holes to be filled. The only way one could say they aren't is if the some of the Earthmen ( since there only other people to have that tech) escaped Noah and built Wren later on Zelan which could be possible but it's also possible they could of re-built him too form the crash too.

Shiren (Wren wasn't made yet) series androids or automated production line created shortly before Mother Brain's destruction, allowing it to do their work through the great collapse. If this is true Mother brain would not have enough time to be able to load up 400 world ship and send others to other places a couple of day's before the end. And even if Siren was used by Orakia to make the other's; Wren was type # 386 so a Sub-Cast like Lu # 281 from PSU. It could be possible that # 386 broke away from the other's (like Magashi) and hind in a Cave. While doing so rename himself Wren. Going off Sean's Ending could of crash landed on Motavia (like in PSU with guardian's colony fell on Parum and like Lu bot # 281 Survived the crash). Then got repaired or rebuilt and put to work on Zelan, then Wren built Demi to help with work. Even Source material can have mistakes and later fix'd with later source material.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jun 3, 2012 at 01:52 PM.