Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Deliberate, just like the naming of the planets. There are a ton of easter eggs in PSU to the original series. Alot of the characters are based around classic characters, and Fulyen is one of them.
    Ah, I've been noticing something similar, like the relationship between Karen and Mirei, Tylor and the Landeel, Rutsu, and some other things here and there.

Just want to clarify really quick, Mieu wasn't mass produced, correct? It seemed as if she was a lone, advanced model.
    Edit: Whoops, almost forgot about that broken one in the desert.

I wonder how popular the original series is compared to the PSU and PSO series now. Will they ever make another turn based game? That might be a question for another time and another topic...
    Last edited by Valinne; Jun 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valinne View Post
    Ah, I've been noticing something similar, like the relationship between Karen and Mirei, Tylor and the Landeel, Rutsu, and some other things here and there.

Just want to clarify really quick, Mieu wasn't mass produced, correct? It seemed as if she was a lone, advanced model.
    Edit: Whoops, almost forgot about that broken one in the desert.

I wonder how popular the original series is compared to the PSU and PSO series now. Will they ever make another turn based game? That might be a question for another time and another topic...
    Indeed, PSU actually had a lot of classic PS game references that many people didn't seem to notice (probably because the classic franchise didn't gain as much of a popular following due to the general popularity of video games back then, compared to the game industry after PSO).

I don't remember any other mentions or models of Mieu besides that seemingly creepy copy in the desert. I find this unfortunate, because I thought Mieu was a pretty cool character... for her silence, loyalty, and overall awesome combat prowess.

At this point though, it seems more and more believable that the two Wrens are different to me.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

The Wren Series is mass produced with (Forren) Wren ps4 being the most advanced AI.

Wren ps3 is the most advaned partswise and even has tech abilities.

All Wrens are made to be both combat and support models and share many Traits.

Also note that 'Ren'volt Magashi is also an Homage to the mass produced Wren.
    Lou is a clear reference to Mieu.

In any event, don't forget that Orachio and Rolf were classmates and that Wren ps4 was created shortly after Motherbrain was destroyed to oversee the entire planetary ecosystem. As such, the Wren was already a common android and I would imagine that Orachio was both an Agent and an engineer to have created a robot army to help suppress DF.

In truth, they are different models and types. PS3 Wren was a true combat cyborg, where PS4 Wren was more of a battle android. PS3 Wren could use techniques, if I recall and PS4 Wren could not, but did use weapon systems.
    PSO2 - Ship 2 - Aean Meers - Human

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Well, Wren is the soul connection from III to IV, form one of the time lines in III. Since there are mistakes in the Original JP game Genie Pig for PSIII, commented by the Producer that they made mistake's in it. Reason why for all the differences in III.

Actually, Shirren was the one from PSIII and Forren was the one from PSIV. I think they dumbed down the names a bit.
    PSO2 - Ship 2 - Aean Meers - Human

Shirren - is the Battle Cast that Wren was model after during the War. In the Original JP version of III it had been mess up with part's of it's story and later they tried to fix it as best as the could with later version's. But Sega goofed up by forgetting to add in his name and leaving it Shirren since he was a Copy of the Original Shirren and actually TYPE #386. In one version it has only #386 and in the Original JP version Wren call him self that in-game and not Shirren. And if you take it into the count that the Original US version of III calls him Wren and not Shirren which was only 1-2 month/s behind the JP one. With the Producer saying there were mistakes and some they couldn't fix. The time period's listed in both, Wren's knowledge of III in IV. And how & why the Differences in Wren's bodies is pretty easy to follow (Technically Barrier is a Tech in IV).

One thing you also realize is that Shirren was built by Orakio along with Miun with a soul purpose to be generals for the Orakian & Layan War. This is year's (5-10yrs.) after Exodus of Palma. And it's not 1K years but 100yrs. form Rhys since it was another mistake in the coding which they tried to fix in the US version. So taking this here, there would be no way for the people of Motavia to have that Tech unless that World ship in Orbit around the planet was Alisa III and Crashed on the Planet. Then the Motavia's had the chance to rebuild & re-purposed him in the same amount of time in PSIV using the Tech (the best they could) form Alisa III's rubble (this was also done with one of the Lou copy bot's in PSU Ep.3). Oh, Sean's Time line make's this possible in PSIII.

Another reason is that Wren built Demi and not the Motavian's since they couldn't do it from scratch. And Wren was the only one who had that knowledge (he's also the one who fixed Mieu in PSIII).

I could go on and on. But I think you can see where I'am getting at with this. And the Best thing is One could finally connect the full series together which is another Plus. Thoughts

Updated: Anna_Wren - them being classmates was to establish a time point where Orakio came from, even tho he was an engineer didn't built anyone until after the Palma's demise. Wren was never built before MB demise since there's proof that Alisa III leaving before MB and Palma being destroyed. That mean's Palma & MB had time to build the world ship's before the end and giving MB and the Earthmen ample time to sneak in Falz's on each ship. And this was during Rolf's quest and during his Jailed time before his Escape form the satellite, almost 2 yrs. worth according to PSIV. And according to Wren himself in PSIV he said that the Motavian's didn't purpose him until about half a millennium after Palma's demise, shortly after? unless you think being on a ship for about 500 yrs is being short.

In light PSIII is a filer story of what happen's to some of that last 10% of Palman's after the demise of there planet, for the next 500 year's or 5 (3 starting from Rhys) generations. Between the event's of PSII & PSIV which is only 1,ooo yrs. apart.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

According to the compendium, Wren from PSIII and PSIV was the same Android. This was changed when Sega CD production came to an halt.(As PSIV was originally on Sega CD before it changed to Mega Genesis) It's the same as Rika originally being Nei from PSII. A few changes but looks almost identical.

@Ryuka Valis - Both Compendium and Fringes of Algo - (it has better Bio info and dates). Lists Wren as the same Android. Also in a sense Rika is along the same line's as the Nei's since the Bio Lab was still there on Motavia, So she's like a Nei 3 so to speak. But yeah figuring out how Wren would fit between the two is the problem. Since PSIII is pretty messed up (Sega's fault with all of them) in there time lines between the two version's and some added info with a 3rd. I think it's the sole reason why there hasn't been a good connection and to much arguing like the Orakians and Layans to come to the truth. I had been working on that (taking a break from it, but will at least do this part) and figured out how this could work between the time lines of PSII -> PSIII -> PSIV. I will write it up using both those two sites and small amounts of related info. from other parts of the PS franchise to build a connection through Wren that the games (PSII ~ IV) will also support for the most part.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Mar 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Taking the japanese translation, PSIII and PSIV Wrens have different names (Sieren and Forren, I think). The reason they're so similar is because they're from the same model.

As for the newmans, they're grown from the same batch. Rika was a perfected model of Nei, taking a thousand years to make.