Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slicer build Fonewearl Suggestions

I'm trying to decide the best way to make a Slicer focused Fonewearl. I have Shinobi Suit 4x with Kouga Shuriken. In order to get enough ATA to hit regulars in Super Hard I wonder if it would be better to equip Divine Hits and use a Mind mag or just equip all Divine minds and tech save with a mind/hit mag? Has anyone tested this out see which is the better option? Thanks in advance.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Since the max the "Hit" units are going to give you is 15 ATA, compared to Divine/Minds (which are also MUCH easier to get) that give you a whopping 25 increase, best bet is to go with the Mind/Hit (or all Hit) mag and supplement MST with your units, if you even need it. It's one thing I hate about the ATA units in this game, they have so little use compared to just subbing in a Hit mag and using units you would've otherwise used the mag for... :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

When looking at the Base Accuracy of the FOnewearl, it's rather underwhelming when you compare it to the FOmarl. I'm not saying to pick the FOmarl over the FOnewearl though, in fact, the FOnewearl gets a nice Gimegid boost when gathering the enemies to get ready for Bright Sign.

In most cases, the accuracy stat you'll want to hit in SH is 520. Neither the FOnewearl nor FOmarl come anywhere close to that number if I recall. However, since Forces have access to Zalure, they can drastically reduce the accuracy requirement. The FOnewearl with the Kouga Shuriken and the Shinobi suit will only have 390 Accuracy at level 100, and with the Fuuma she will have 382 Accuracy. I reckon a Hit/Mind mag and Zalure will be an absolute requirement at all times, but in the lower levels a Pure Hit Mag might not be a bad idea . . ..

Regarding mags, it's always better to stuff accuracy on a mag since Divine/Hits only grant a mere 15 boost to Accuracy, while Divine/Minds grant a 25 boost. I would start with mixing up Accuracy and Mind until you hit a comfortable Hit:Miss ratio (with Zalure of course).

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

I apologize for the necro of this thread, but I have a question and relates to the topic. What about materials when increasing ATA? I plan to use a reset material on my FOnewearl and try for higher ATA while keeping the already mentioned tips in mind. The thing is, how much hit material to invest while leaving room for the other important stats (like MST, EVP and maybe some Guard)?

Regarding the use of Hit materials when making your character builds, Hit materials are just so much inferior to the use of Mind Materials when it comes to using Forcves/Force weapons, as the boost is considered an addition to your base stats, and is therefore effected by the increase granted by Shifta techs, whereas your base Hit will necver be altered no matter what techs you cast on yourself. Being that Mag ATP/MST increases are NOT affected by Shifta, it's best thought to use that slightly-less-useful statpoint increases like Hit and Guard on the Mag, instead of wasting materials on your character that would not receive the same benefits otherwise (though one could argue that using Guard on a mag deteriorates your DFP in the event a Deband is cast, but DFP is hardly worth it when you could be raising your EVP or resistances instead of worrying about your DFP).

So, basically, it's like this:

--Use Power/Mind Materials for the Shifta bonus extra increases (relative to the materials used)
    --Use your Mags for Hit (as the mag's stats are not altered by Shifta or Deband)
    --Use your Units for anything BUT Hit (for the shoddy idea that Hit units would only have a max increase of 15 with a DIVINE unit, compared to the 25 of every other Divine unit)

That's just my two cents on the whole issue, as it is for most of us ol' regs, I'm guessing. Efficiency beats all, unless it's good ol' fashioned fun your after, like me. Still packing the extra PP mats on my HUnewearl for that extra 1 point of PP regen every five seconds, and a few HP mats on my RAcast for the extra 1 HP regen every five seconds, haha. (The secret to that extra point of racial regen is to have 65 [or 66, in the event your Lv100 stat of it ends in an even number not an odd number] in the stat in which your race has regen; in my HUnewearl's case, her PP ends in 65, and therefore she gets the extra point.) ;P

The build I used with my FOnewearl was a 100 MST Mag and 2 of the Armor Units being a PP Regen Lv5 and Tech Save Lv3. As for Materials, I put 20 each into MST, EVP, ATA and DFP. When it came to play style, I spammed techs and waited for the PP to regen after a room was cleared (though fluid use was sometimes necessary). With my Force character capped at Lv100, I want to try a different build/play style to make things more fun. The idea of using at least half of the possible materials for ATA is due to Slicers having low ATA compared to other Force weapons.
    Last edited by RaHuFo-09; Aug 5, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

If you want to get the most out of your character, I would recommend switching those 40 Hit Materials you put on your character for 40 Hit on your mag, and use those 40 materials for the MInd you could get that could be affected by Shifta and whatnot, but that's just me. I'm not gonna force my opinion on you, that's simply what I did before.

Of course, if you're mag is already capped at 100 Hit, then by all means, utilize materials for the extra Hit if you need it still, as the 3/5's effectiveness of the units is a shoddy top-off... :/

I recall hearing something like 480 accuracy is a nice number to have if you have third tier zalure (Level 11-15), although that was from someone testing with a 100%-accuracy-modifier photon art, so I don't know how the accuracy of a normal attack at any part of the combo would compare (or heavy attack, if you opt for that). Though the only way a FOnewearl is gonna get that without materials is with a shinobi suit+shuriken+max or near maxed hit mag. But you can probably have a little less if you don't mind missing a few times.

Although, with my Slicer FOnewearl (Only level 93 or so) I don't miss a gross amount of times, and I hit every hit of bright sign most if not all of the time so... Maybe there's some variance I dunno.

And I guess you can throw this all out the window if there's accuracy adjustment. Slicers are cool and all, but YEESH they have so little accuracy.

Oh, yeah, the numbers, forgot about that, haha... yeaah, as a FO, you don't necessarily NEED AS MUCH ATA to get the higher hitrate for Slicers compared to other races/classes, what with Zalure Lv11-15 and all, but still, you'll need a good amount. With the enemies in Super averaging around 550-600 EVP (especially in the Shrine, where the average was around 570+, even for the large guys like Za/Phobos's), you'll still need a good amount of ATA with the Zalure included (Zalure Lv11-15 decreases their EVP by about 20%, so you'll need around 480+ ATA to have a decent hitrate with regular attacks, and even higher if you want to spam the "more-easy-to-hit-foes-with-consecutively" Heavy Attacks). So, to reach those kinds of numbers with the second-lowest ATA class in the game FOnewearl, you'll need a lot of Hit on your mag, very likely ALL of its stats in Hit, and hopefully that may suffice for the most part; however, if you DO need even more, without accounting for any possible ACC ADJ on weapons, then it's recommended to use mats for it, but the only reason I don't entirely recommend that is that you'll usually end up opting out of it at some point, and then you'll just need to redo your mats entirely, meaning even MORE work just to swap sets, so... it's debateable, to say the least. Do whatever suits you best, I guess. :/

Even though I have a Shinobi Suit, I don't have either of the Shuriken slicers. My FOnewearl's Alice Olivia (wand) and Loneos (slicer) are the only weapons that I use which contain any amount of accuracy adjustment. The best rod I have possible doesn't have any accuracy bonus. For right now, I'm making a 99 Hit and 1 Mind MAG for my force character (the single stat in mind is because of the PB I want/like).
    Last edited by RaHuFo-09; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:48 PM.