Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well in that case, if you find yourself missing a bunch more than you prefer, you can always stuff on a divine/hit. I know it's pitiful compared to the other divine units, but considering how much of a pain it is to redo materials, that's the best option you get. Well, unless you have literally hundreds of materials to spare.

This is only assuming you maximized your material setup with mind materials for the extra shifta bonus, though.

I did some initial testing after completing my 99 Hit 1 Mind MAG with materials and it really upped the fun factor. I didn't save the changes during testing, but still have an issue for materials. The main issue left for materials is between DFP and EVP. I know the FOnewearl specializes in evasion, but sometimes I feel tempted to stick in some guard materials even with a fully grinded Pizza Box armor. Once all is done, I just need to adjust my playstyle for the new stats build.

Depends on how good you are at not getting hit, I guess. Especially with scape dolls as easy as they are to get. Dunno if added defense materials would even help considering how much oomph the actual threats have (I'm looking at you, Helions and Arkzeins.) Sadly I don't know the loads of numbers that would pinpoint what'd be good to aim for there.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

As a Force, you'll most usually never need too much DFP, and if you think you'll be hit by enemies, the best idea I can give you is to NOT resort to using DFP materials, and simply use Jellen, perhaps, if you want to avoid attacks more often/take less damage. Also, as a FOnewearl, you'll have the availability to wear the Rika's Suit (once you're level SEVENTY SIX, the highest armor level restriction, go figure), which has fairly great DFP, much more than the Noble Cloak, and even has more EVP than the Noble Cloak (sure, 1 EVP, but still :P), although you lose some resistances in the process (but gain a formidable 24% resistance to Light, which most undodgeable laser attacks in the game are the element of anyways), so you may be taking more tech-based damage from wearing it. Of course, that's somewhat negligible if you still plan on wearing the Shinobi Suit for the extra MST and ATA with the Shurikens, if you get either of them with it.

I mean, if you WANT to go on the defensive for your Force instead of opting your mats with things like PP mats (for the extra regen as a Newearl or for more PA's/Techs), Hit mats, or Mind mats, then my general advice is to play off on the Newearl's strong point with her fairly decent EVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

One of the main reasons I was thinking about Guard materials was because of the hard hitting threats (Helions, Arkzeins, etc. which includes their upper floor Eternal Tower versions). The Rika's Suit would be nice, except for the fact I've yet to get one that is 4 armor slots. Being able to use Rods, Wands and Slicers more often means I don't have to spam techs as often while having less waiting time for PP regen.

With the new accuracy changes, my playstyle would probably go like this:

-Rods and Wands for the easier areas/enemies
    -Slicers for the more dangerous places/hard hitting threats
    -Tech use will still vary depending on certain factors (bosses, tower runs, etc)
    Last edited by RaHuFo-09; Aug 9, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Hm... well, if you're looking for being able to take hits better, I think as a FOnewearl, you'll probably just end up getting more use out of HP materials rather than using up spots for Guard mats, since it take an average of 5 DFP to decrease physical damage received by 1 point (4 DFP if using Deband Lv11-15 on a CONSTANT basis for the extra 30% DFP increase). Either way COULD technically work, but with the practicality behind the damage formula, if you're going to use materials, you may as well use HP mats, as they're more effective for survival (unless you're a Tank HUcast and go for "lolz-1-damage-physicals-from-Super-enemies-lolz" DFP set-ups).
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 10, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277