Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

the best part of my great memory of 360 servers will always be.

Spoiler!

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

I dunno if I had any good memories on the 360 server as such. I always found it far too American. Far too many US players would shout out crap over the headset and in all honesty make me feel anxious. PSU is all about co-operation. I really never understood players that wanted to be better than everyone else. Calm down and carry on.
    Click On Banner

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

nothing lasts forever. I never did join the online bit of this game. however I'm amazed it is that time again when another PS game gets its official servers turned off.
    welp, it's only a matter of time before the PSU threads become as slow moving and nearly in-active as the PSO threads. :/

Chainsawd Enthusiast NH Chainsaw Edge's Avatar

Darnet D:

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I have linked this song with Sega subtly telling us the servers will not always be online and that they will have to shut down eventualy... SOME of the lyrics I feel are connected to the said statement. have a listen if you dare and lemme know if Im right or just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by serenade View Post
    does not surprise me. they drove away customers with poor support, and the dwindling subscriptions were just another reason for sega JP to finally cancel this version of the game.

thank god PSO2 is right around the corner.
    This has occurred with every single online game Sega has ever released.

I am curious why you think PSO2 will be the magical exception.

Sega customer support is an oxymoron... they do not care about their customers. If you enjoy their games, they are worth purchasing for that reason alone. Certainly not because they care about their game for more than a source of short-term income. Do not ever expect them to last.

The Sega of old died a long, long time ago.

Edit: Honestly, I was more upset about them shutting down the PS2/PC servers than Xbox, but it changes very little...
    Last edited by Janettie; Jun 18, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

The only memory I have that stands out is getting a blackbull outside the 1up event and being the envy of all the fortegunners. Too bad shit like that doesn't happen anymore.

Wow.

Cannot believe this is really happening, but at the same time I can.

I haven't played PSU in a while, but I got the game in '06 day it was released. Been playing PS games since the Master System and still own all of them.

PSU was such a huge part of my life. A really good part too. Met so many cool people who I have unfortunately lost touch with (PSP Demon/BigRigatoni/Meerkat/Bloodrayne) just to name a few. Was talking to a friend the other day and she asked if I still play the game, and I was thinking no, but I really would like to.

I remember the days I couldn't wait to get home from work to do some runs, and how many Saturdays and Sundays I spent just playing the hell out of it and doing endless runs. Can't believe it's been 6 years. Unbelievable.

I'm definitely going to be on now until the end.

Sad to see it go, but seeing how Sega treated this game and it's customers, I can't say I'm totally surprised.

Default Farewell PSU

i know im late to the party about creating a thread about PSU 360 being shutdown in september but here goes! been there for about 5 years and loved every minute of it im just sad that i wasnt able to capture any of my time there but i have a song that perfectly captures my feelings and experiences in PSU hope you guys listen to this song and agree

GUARDIANS WE STAND, STRONG TILL THE END!
    Akumamaru - Male Newman - Lv. 180- All classes 20 - 30071088