Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Psu is the example why pso2 should not be on 360.

I only say that because ever since that whole re skin thing started it killed a lot of the population and i THINK it was because Microsoft does not allow micro transactions . So what ( I ) learn is do not let pso2 fall the same way psu did. If it should come to a console I would ps3 only because it does a better job doing mmos and letting micro transactions happen (DC UNIVERSER ONLINE).

Microsoft is allowing Guild Wars 2 onto 360 and that has micro transactions, I know that much. And maybe they're kicking PSU to make room for a console version of pso2 http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?414770 "There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months." That part of the post keeps my hopes up for something.

That 's cool there letting that but would it not make more since to release on ps3 because of the ps vita cross play . Then there is that feature where you play the game on the vita and then go home and continue it on the ps3. I just do not see pso2 surviving on 360.

I'm a 360 person, but I can agree with you. The fact its coming to vita shows it has a better chance of coming to ps3 before any other console. But I can only hope it comes to 360. If not, i've been on the edge of getting a ps3 and pso2 is a game big enough to be that final push haha.

if it does its worth it anyways buy ps plus it will pay off more then xbl would ever do you.

hmm, just fought someone with your name Dragovian on SC5 not long ago+^_^+ anyway, rumors of Guild Wars coming to Xbox has been around for a very very long time now+^_^+
    also, Sony will be the first to get PSO2 if it's released on console i think, PSU was on PS2 as well, but i highly doubt that they'd release it on the PS3, if i was Sega trying to make a game to make a profit from for the next 5-10 years, i wouldn't port it to the dying consoles of today, I'd wait a couple years for PS4 (which is rumored to use a x86 cpu, with a custom AMD GPU, which would make a port very easy compared to PS3's proprietary hardware) also, M$ doesn't allow cross play between XBL and the rest of the internet, i think someone tried hacking xbl with a PC version of FF-XI, but that's just what i heard+^_^+
    Absolute E3 shocker for me this year was a lack of next-gen console reveals!!!
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jun 9, 2012 at 02:25 AM.

It comes down to how the networks are formed, really.

There's a slight chance, maybe, that Microsoft could handle PSO2's update system, because of how they drill each and every update to pass onto their systems. I don't see it working.

Also it's harder to ip boot and all when gameguard is there.

You must be fuckin' high to even think about PSO2 appearing on 360. Let alone playing it.
    Gamertag - Ilikelamp7

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    There's a slight chance, maybe, that Microsoft could handle PSO2's update system, because of how they drill each and every update to pass onto their systems. I don't see it working.
    I still contend that the major problem that PSU had regarding Microsoft's network was that they were trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. They developed PSU as a PS2/PC game first and foremost, with the 360 version coming into development as an afterthought. So when they came up with their update schedules, they didn't take into account Microsoft's authentication and therein ran into problems trying to force the freedom they have on other platforms into MS's restrictions.

A better, and more efficient method, would have been to do away with bi-weekly updates and instead consolidate them into quarterly updates with a lead time of at least one quarter - providing plenty of time for prep, testing, authentication, and implementation. As it was, you had Sega of America fighting for content updates from Sonic Team in Japan who wanted total control over the show, then trying to rush them into place on a more restrictive system to keep ST's schedule. And it should be pointed out that even on the PC/PS2 versions which didn't require MS's authorization, updates were frequently misapplied, glitchy, and their game/billing servers were often unstable and error prone... especially leading into events. Hell, remember the MAG billing error issue which locked nearly a third of their PS2/PC player base out of the game for nearly the entirety of the event - forcing them to extend it. For whatever troubles Sega might have had in dealing with MS, the Xbox 360 servers were a HELL of a lot more stable and secure than the PS2/PC servers were.

At any rate, I don't see how micro-transactions for PSO2 would constitute a substantial hurdle to development on that console. After all, every time I go to browse for new add-on, I'm deluged with a string a mile long of single songs sold as microtrasactions for the three dozen or so "Rock Band" type games out there. It's to the point where (imo), it's a serious clutter problem and needs to be addressed. Lots of similar examples from various fighting games, racing games, bioware RPGs, etc. Live is proliferated with microtransactions for menial single-item/single-mission bullshit. Why, then, is it such a barrier for Sega?

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    if i was Sega trying to make a game to make a profit from for the next 5-10 years, i wouldn't port it to the dying consoles of today, I'd wait a couple years for PS4 (which is rumored to use a x86 cpu, with a custom AMD GPU, which would make a port very easy compared to PS3's proprietary hardware)
    That's a valid point, but Sega may also be counting on the fact that it usually takes a few years after a new generation of hardware comes out for it to start outselling the older hardware. There's also the issue of backwards compatibility in (at least) the initial years of a new console's life where it bolsters the lack of a software library with previous generation titles. It doesn't bode well for the long-term life of the product, but they may not care since the vast majority of their profits are going to come from the first 2 years anyhow, and there's nothing preventing them from releasing expansions specifically for new hardware.

Graphics capabilities of the new generation of hardware are a moot point at this stage of development. They're not going to totally revamp the graphics engine of PSO2 in order to take advantage of next generation hardware, so the graphics as they are now are pretty much what they are always going to be. And at this point, with those PC specs, there is no reason why the 360 or PS3 couldn't handle PSO2 with ease.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!