Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    I Think the War of the Great Light and the Profound Darkness is actually the Ancient's and the SEED of PSU sense there is a lot of connecting history and event's to support this idea and using PSU as a pre-courser to the classic's which could be explained ( Theory/Cannon wise ) to bridge them.
    Yes. That is Obvious. However that doesn't mean they originated on those planets. Each "seal" could be just one battle won by the Great Light.

what AP's meaning is still unknown and could be anything at the moment After Planets/Parum/Palma/Pioneer even Arkc Placement or Allied Planets (this last one could be possible too with the Arkc say the darker's are the enemy to everyone in the Universe and everyone everywhere and the game's idea to add more planet's over time) Thoughts?
    Hadn't thought of Allied Planets but it would fit in with the schema...

Shining Force hmmmm.....I think the series is it's own, but does have common's thing between the two. If it did have a connection I would say between PSU and the classic's but closer to the classic's time frame, before they started or one of the World ship plot's with the people starting over perhaps?
    It could be Shining force is pre-Space travel era of Palma.

That brings up a point that is never discussed, pre-space travel era is hardly ever talked about in PS.

Huh I never knew that Dark Falz was so important. I always thought it was just the go to bad guy which ties into the whole idea that there is an abstract evil in the universe. Not so much an actual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadocky View Post
    Huh I never knew that Dark Falz was so important. I always thought it was just the go to bad guy which ties into the whole idea that there is an abstract evil in the universe. Not so much an actual character.
    Who, but the villain would, be important?

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    This is generally what I think, but the connection can be made. Timeline wise PSU stuff doesn't quite fit into the PSO stuff, but there are explanations that can be used for those, that don't at all mes up the PSO timeline
    Well yes, but most of those exceptions require a lot of assumptions to work properly.

*cough* it just happens that the Ark in PSU is of the exact same design of the Ruins ship of PSO.
    Actually it's not! The ark Crowley in PSPi is shaped like Pioneer 2 as both a reference to that game and the PSO 10th anniversary symbol that PSP2i was adorned with.

Ummm yeah. The Coralians after the great blank call the planet Earth and the moon the Moon. That is what they would have called it when the Palmans would have arrived and get this... It is indeed an inhospitable place.

There is more than enough evidence to connect it like that. It may not be the case, but it is possible.
    I think the confusion here comes from the English language. PS0's refers to earth as in a big ball of earth while the other is the planet's name. The writer of PS0's story says in the game's art book that he wanted to make a story where people call their planet the earth because they don't remember it's real name (地球 can mean "planet" as well as Earth) as in the anime "Combat Mecha Xabungle." I haven't seen it but that's what the book says.
    Also if it was the same Earth and the Palmans arrived there after PS0 the geography and the moon would be different. Since PS0 take place after PSO which takes place after PSII where Earth has been destroyed for a while... It wouldn't make sense for them to be the same planet.

Yes. The Profound Darkness has been established as half of an ancient civilization and the various Falz creatures, darkers, germs, SEEDS, are simply members of that civilization, and given the way they reproduce it only takes one of them to exist for them to carry on. Given that they were an interstellar civilization or perhaps even an intergalactic one it wouldn't be all that unexpected that it would be nearly impossible to eliminate.
    The Profound Darkness was a spiritual being though wasn't it? Not a civilization in the vein of PSU's ancients. I see what you're saying though.

Yeah... But you should go r instead of l
    Technically the sound we romanize as "r" in Japanese is more of a cross between L and R. Making (and recognizing) R sounds is almost as difficult for the Japanese as making L sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    The Spaceship Noah is the ship that connect's the classic's to PSO. The Alisa III thoery had been dropped, Wren being cut (that there would be no way to explain how he got there unless it had a different story line with him in PSII) is the best thing they had done since it would of destory'd any chance of bringing PSIII and PSIV together. Which I think was just more "Fan Service", Was it the book that had Wren and Meiu with there Romji name's side by side?
    If you mean the art book I was talking about, it's the Book of Hunters, and only has PSO concept art of Wren and the name Searen TYPE 386 next to it with a description on his planned inclusion and how he was different from PSO's androids technologically.
    Also, looking through it again there's a section explaining the Ragol anagram, and shows Algol written in English as "ARGOL." Huh. Wonder how I missed that before...

The book that links PSIII to PSO is the PSO Episode III and Blue Burst art book. However, upon reading it again it only says that the most popular theory of connected series is that one of the Palman world ships arrived at Ragol. It mentions that Muut Ditts Poum likely equals Motavia Dezoris and Palma, but also ackgnowledges that the Gurhal system planets are similar. So it looks like Sega is intentionally keeping the canon vague so the fans have something to speculate about.

That being said, PSO2's trailer makes direct references to the Great Light and Profound Darkness, which only existed in the Algol system. They even use the same kanji.

RocSage - is correct here with Coral and Earth the game directly uses the name as part of it's history, King_Rappy I think your thinking of Capto and yes your right there that they aren't the same.
    Nah, I meant Coral. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    Who, but the villain would, be important?
    Well I mean as in that Dark Falz is not so much a Villain as the embodiment of Evil itself.