Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by EXPFULL View Post
    When using the new download from the pso2.jp players site I have a similar problem... It's trying to save to a path with what looks like the Yen symbol in place on the backslash... So, something like:

C:¥Users¥user¥Desktop

Then I get a pop-up that very helpfully simply says ' ?????????????? '.

This just me?
    It means its putting/downloading the installer on the desktop, i know you can change the path of it at the top by selecting where to download it at.

Tried to change the path to various places, and it's still not working. Still just getting that helpful pop-up.

get the closed beta installer, then update? migth be a workaround, or maybe somthing is missing, net framework? some dx ddl? or maybe your antivirus is interfering with the installer?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I'm still getting the same problem as before after launching the launcher the first time the icons of the pso2download, pso2launcher, and pso2updater change (the applications) and then 3 new items pop up in the folder pso2launcher.exe.bak, psodownload.exe.bak, and pso2updater.exe.bak after running the launcher for the first time those show up and I can't run the launcher again unless I uninstall and reinstall, I really don't want to do that everytime I want to play the game -.- , any help? please would be appreciated.

Are you logged in an account with administrator rights or just running the installation as an administrator?

I hate the rain...only because of the CURSED SNAILS THAT I ALWAYS SEEM TO STEP ON.

Running as a admin, but i don't see why that would change the applications and create the .bak's :|

Any ideas guys? :| I really don't want to have to re install the game each time i want to launch it

I'm having the exact same problem, trying to mess around with it right now. Lemme know if you find a way to fix it.

EDIT: Just found a solution, I think. I logged on to my administrator account instead of just giving it privileges and it seems to have worked. I'm going to assume you were not using your admin account, and that that's the problem. Hope it helps. (Edit: This crashed PSO2 for some reason at character select.)

Edit Again: So, that wasn't the problem, but I fixed it with something way more complicated. I logged on to my Admin account and went to my PSO2 folder and saw that all the files I couldn't access had a lock on them. You have to right click, go to the security tab, click "Advanced", click something about "Inheritable rights" while having selected the "SYSTEM" thingy or your user account, and then apply for all three of the files with the lock on them.

Not good with computers, so no idea why this happened or why it worked, but I didn't break my computer and PSO2 started up so whatever. Hope this fixes your problem too.
    Last edited by DivineLemon; Jun 22, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Well I did what you stated there, and it works for me now. But, the problem now is that when I start the game, three bars appear. They are moving quite slow so I wanted to ask if anyone knows what that is? Some say that it did not take long for them to start the game but howcome its taking like hours for me to get started?

It took me like 5 hours for it to patch. IIRC, that's what your game is doing. I just left it on while I did other crap, so my download was slowed down by tons of other stuff. If you wait long enough, it will move slowly, but you probably already know that.

Glad to know that that worked for you too, and that it wasn't some freak random happenstance that it worked.