Default Partner Machine/Bot

Can I give my lvl 100 PM items to use in combat? She's a lvl 50, but only 1 hunter. Still, I'm a 40 hitting 900's and she's a lvl 50 hitting 80's... do PM's have a pallet or a similar alternative? I have no clue what she's using now... I'd like to give her a weapon to use. Thanks for your help.

edit: Ok shes hitting 100-180 now. not too bad but still...
    Last edited by kushking; Jun 13, 2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kushking View Post
    Can I give my lvl 100 PM items to use in combat? She's a lvl 50, but only 1 hunter. Still, I'm a 40 hitting 900's and she's a lvl 50 hitting 80's... do PM's have a pallet or a similar alternative? I have no clue what she's using now... I'd like to give her a weapon to use. Thanks for your help.

edit: Ok shes hitting 100-180 now. not too bad but still...
    Regardless of how strong your PM gets... it still won't be able to match up to an actual player in terms of strength... Compare it to almost any game that you use AI as a teammate, they want the spotlight to be on you so they nerf the hell out of your teammate/s.

No PM can compete against Lou with a Rifle.
    Xbox 360 - Prototype 07 Cast M AT Lv 180
    JP PSU -Proto Human M GT Lv 70

Default I just need some help on AotI

I've just started my playthrough on PSU:AotI, and through feeding my Partner Machine in PSU:Extra Mode, I accidentally ended up with a different model than I planned.

Now I've read up that there are PM Devices and EX Devices, and if my info isn't wrong PM Devices are used to upgrade a PM within it's series/model-type (Such as turning a GH420 into a GH421), and EX Devices are used to change your PM's Model-type altogether (Such as changing a GH420 to a GH450).

Now what I need help on, and I can't find out anywhere online (at least I can't figure out how to search for it specifically). Are PM/EX Devices available in Offline PSU:AotI? Or do they only become available after a completing a certain chapter?

Since the servers for the PS2 version are shut down It would really suck if I had to use a PM Device ZERO. Although if all I have to do is play until a certain point I can deffinitely be patient and stick it out.

Thanks for any help/info you can give me on this.

(Btw sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.)

Quote Originally Posted by D_Nikolaos View Post
    I've just started my playthrough on PSU:AotI, and through feeding my Partner Machine in PSU:Extra Mode, I accidentally ended up with a different model than I planned.

Now I've read up that there are PM Devices and EX Devices, and if my info isn't wrong PM Devices are used to upgrade a PM within it's series/model-type (Such as turning a GH420 into a GH421), and EX Devices are used to change your PM's Model-type altogether (Such as changing a GH420 to a GH450).

Now what I need help on, and I can't find out anywhere online (at least I can't figure out how to search for it specifically). Are PM/EX Devices available in Offline PSU:AotI? Or do they only become available after a completing a certain chapter?

Since the servers for the PS2 version are shut down It would really suck if I had to use a PM Device ZERO. Although if all I have to do is play until a certain point I can deffinitely be patient and stick it out.

Thanks for any help/info you can give me on this.

(Btw sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.)
    Sorry to say, but I am pretty sure that the EX Devices are not available in Extra mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Sorry to say, but I am pretty sure that the EX Devices are not available in Extra mode.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    This really sucks though, I was really hoping that I just had to playthrough a bit, but I guess I'll have to just use a PM Device ZERO.

Although just for reference what stats do I need for my PM to become a GH450?
    Do I need to only spec in Tech, or can I split my lvl's between two or more stats and still get her?

[Addition to post]
    Btw are you getting your info from the site or from personal experience?
    The only reason I ask is that it states here on the site that I can't buy a PM Device Zero offline, but I've seen it in the listing in my Variety shop.
    Last edited by D_Nikolaos; Jun 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

speaking of Device names I thought it was perfect that my name is kushking and my Ex Device was "420". I was actually going to buy a device to do that but thats what mine ended up being... what are the odds? lol!

Some of you will get that, some wont. Just google the number

Quote Originally Posted by D_Nikolaos View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    This really sucks though, I was really hoping that I just had to playthrough a bit, but I guess I'll have to just use a PM Device ZERO.

Although just for reference what stats do I need for my PM to become a GH450?
    Do I need to only spec in Tech, or can I split my lvl's between two or more stats and still get her?

[Addition to post]
    Btw are you getting your info from the site or from personal experience?
    The only reason I ask is that it states here on the site that I can't buy a PM Device Zero offline, but I've seen it in the listing in my Variety shop.

Here ya go.

1st Evolution - Level 20 - GH-202

Striking - 9 [strike must not reach 10]
    Ranged - 0
    Technic - 11
    Armor - 0
    2nd Evolution - Level 50 - GH-304

Striking - 30
    Ranged - 0
    Technic - 20 [tech must reach 20 by level 50]
    Armor - 0
    3rd Evolution - Level 80 - GH-450