Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakari View Post
    Maxing weak bullet only reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds and allows you to use it on 4 enemies at once. Personally, while the cooldown reduction is nice, don't think I would find enough situations where using weak bullet would be worth the time it would take to get all 4 shots applied, considering they cannot be used on the same enemy, they do no damage, and while you're applying the rest of the shots the first one will run out that much sooner.
    The unspent weak bullets stay unspent until you use a normal attack and that means you can mix high damage rifle PAs in and then be able to reapply a weak bullet again when the first runs out. This also counts toward cool down time. And like YCCB said, you don't need to worry as much when you miss. Having to wait two minutes on cool down when you miss sucks.

Yep, going with this for the first level cap. I may not be as versatile as others but I'll definitely be mowing most shit down pretty fast.

Spoiler!

(@ previous discussion btw, not you McFly)
    Hmmm... That's an idea I never considered, though I'd hate to have nothing to do simply because I ran out of PP and can't use the regular attack. On the other hand, if the duration is long enough then the ability to keep a weak shot up closer to constantly and switch locations if there's some part of the boss you need to damage other than the weak point has its merits, especially considering the AR has crap damage on its regular attacks and multiparty areas mean you can give that damage boost to as many as 11 other people as well.

I guess there's merit to the idea, though switching to launcher would probably remove the remaining shots so people who main launcher should stick to 1 point at the most.

I wonder what is going to be more effective for the general damage output of a Hunter, if leveling Attack up or JA Bonus, seeing as how they are really apart from each other, is hard to level up both

Quote Originally Posted by FerrPSO View Post
    I wonder what is going to be more effective for the general damage output of a Hunter, if leveling Attack up or JA Bonus, seeing as how they are really apart from each other, is hard to level up both
    I'm choosing straight attack damage at the moment. The first few months of most games see a million changes to skills like JA in order for more balance. Attack damage formulas I think are far easier to figure out, thus more likley to solidify the earliest. Later on after everything is set in stone a bit more I can experiment with different bullet types, traps, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    Is it worth it to have Step Attack on my Hunter?

Personally I really like Step Attack because it lets me go straight into a combo immediately after dashing. But it's on a separate branch from all the other skills that I feel like I'm wasting my SP on that branch...

Also I really want to have all the Gears.... but only the Sword Gear seems useful at this time.... arrrrgh so many decisions!!
    Absolutely get step attack. In fact, you'll want to shoot for all your core abilities earlier on. JG and JC are nothing to sneeze at.

Here is an all-out offensive build that I came up with that makes use of sword gear. This setup gives you enough points to go with either partisan or wired lance gear instead if you were so inclined.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    Yep, going with this for the first level cap. I may not be as versatile as others but I'll definitely be mowing most shit down pretty fast.

Spoiler!
    why no weak bullet? did they nerf it or something?

They made the cooldown longer, but from the sound of he's probably going pure launcher (best for mowing shit down pretty fast really, especially with basically full attack boost) and launchers can't use the bullet skills.

Lalala procrastinating at its finest:
    • Fixed Just Reversal's (RA) skill icon
    • Added skill descriptions
    • Added a link back to class selection
    If I only was as productive when it comes to homework...

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakari View Post
    They made the cooldown longer, but from the sound of he's probably going pure launcher (best for mowing shit down pretty fast really, especially with basically full attack boost) and launchers can't use the bullet skills.
    oh damn, can u tell me what the changes are exactly? or where i can read them up